Author Topic: Another Tracker Scope Mounting Idea  (Read 414 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Another Tracker Scope Mounting Idea
« on: December 23, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
Sometime back I purchased a 20ga. Tracker II from a member here with scope rail and hammer extension included. The Tracker was a spare for my son and myself for our shotgun only area we hunt here in Wisconsin for whitetails.I never really looked close at the scope rail only that it was tight and the scope rail screws were tight.

Today I was going to mount another scope on a Topper 158 30-30 barrel and the 82 Weaver rail I had was going to use required some modification as Quick and others have noted in the centerfire forum. So I took out my Ultra, Sidekick, Topper 30-30 and my and my sons Tracker II's. The rail on the recently purchased Tracker II was shorter in length(didn't appear to be cut off) and was about 1/2 the thickness of the other rails I have used, including an 82 that I just milled in extra cross slots for ring attachment.

The new scope rail is a Weaver rail and could be a 62. The only difference I see is that the one hole in the rail would not line up with the three holes drilled&tapped into the H&R's/NEF's. Being that the Tracker needed to be drilled and tapped anyway, this rail worked for the application. On a barrel already drilled and tapped, it appears only one hole would need to be added to the rail, as the other two look like they would line up with the holes in the NEF's/H&R's.

I mounted a Weaver V3 1-3x20mm scope in high rings on that Tracker barrel and could have gotten by with mediums. This keeps your scope lower and is better in my opinion the closer to the barrel the scope is. I think it will work an a handi or Topper rifle as well. I am going to look into this for the Topper I'm working on. Here is a pic.