Author Topic: Any new Christmas guns under the tree?  (Read 816 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Any new Christmas guns under the tree?
« on: December 25, 2008, 07:57:53 AM »
I didn't get one this year, but I got some nice clothes from Cabelas and a Cabelas gift card. What did ya'll get?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Any new Christmas guns under the tree?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 08:04:40 AM »
I was hoping to get myself a garand but it wasn't in the cards this year. Spent the money on the wife and kids. I'll have to wait for a while.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 08:21:12 AM »
I was hoping to get myself a garand but it wasn't in the cards this year. Spent the money on the wife and kids. I'll have to wait for a while.
That's cool you spent the money on your family.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 08:37:19 AM »
No new guns, but the kids pooled their money and got me a gift card to Sportsman's Whse.  Never been there, but I know they carry used and new Pards and Handis.  I, too, took my gun money and used it for the family.  Well...maybe a little tax money or "the stimulus money" will get me another Tamer.LOL  Anyways, it's been a great day so far and there's more to come.  Round 2, with the extended family starts in a couple hours. 

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 10:18:14 AM »
 I got me a nice Predator camo coat, and a Bass Pro certification. I also used my change for the family. But I do have a 45-410 survivor setting in a neighbors closet waiting for me. Thought I would have it by Christmas, but oh well he is a good guy and going to hold it. ;)

Merry Christmas

Lonny

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »
A like-new 20-gauge Pardner fell into my hands this Christmas. Seller advertised it as used, but it arrived in the original box with all the new-gun papers and the lock. Good frame color, and it came with a "canoe" forend instead of the Schnabel that usually comes on Pards with colored frames. Just the combination I like best, but the best part of all is that the seller wanted only $50 for it! Shipping and the legal transfer cost another $42, but it turned out to be well worth the cost. Sometimes even a blind dog finds a bone!!
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:07 AM »
good deal indeed DB!

No new rifles for me but I am on the hunt for a new revolver, hopefully sometime in Jan. or Feb.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline db22

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 11:16:51 AM »
I neglected to mention that it was our fellow board contributor Carbineman who steered me to the seller. Good people here!
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline db22

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »
good deal indeed DB!

No new rifles for me but I am on the hunt for a new revolver, hopefully sometime in Jan. or Feb.

Joe
Jal5: What kind of wheelgun are you after? It seems all the wonderful old ones are gone from the market. There are still some interesting new revos out there, but the 21st-century laser-aimed 21-shot autoblaster is the standard now. The handgun ranges at my club are paved with brass, all of it 9mm or .40 S&W. There are, however, a notable number of cowboys there, with Rugers and Colt clones and the occasional Schofield copy. You'll find a stray .44-40 case on the ground now and then, and some old coot like me has been known to shoot a couple of retired Model 10s at the steel targets, just for grins. Quite a feeling, walking around with old iron and leather on your hip.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 05:42:58 AM »
Like I told my friend db22, I fixed up a topper 30-30 for my son for his Chritmas gift. Then like an incurable topperaholic purchased another barrel yesterday on the classifieds here.

Nice to read about the "finds" we all have come across. Kinda like a bunch of kids looking under the Christmas tree, is what my wife always says.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 04:49:48 AM »
DB-

I got the itch for a wheelgun to hunt deer with next season. In Ohio we can use straight walled cartridge, 357 or larger with 5.5" barrel. I am looking for a GP100, my local gunshop owner will find a used one in good shape sooner or later.

I have taken deer with slug guns, crossbow, ML just want to try something different, plus would give me more excuses to just shoot!
Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us