Author Topic: Topper MODEL 58 20 Ga. Forend Stock  (Read 1641 times)

Offline tfranklin7

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (163)
  • Contributor
Topper MODEL 58 20 Ga. Forend Stock
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:00:11 AM »
Hello, anyone here know where I might find a fore end stock for a Topper 20 ga.?  This barrel is a lot thinner  than a Pardner but will be a lot lighter carrying on a days hunt .  ;) Thanks TF
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Topper MODEL 58 20 Ga. Forend Stock
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 04:06:41 AM »
Is that one the snap on or screw on forend?

I'm nor sure on wood but metal parts should be avalible from Numrich arms and possible Brownells.  For the wood, I would suggest calling older gun shops and see what they may have lying around "in the corners".

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline tfranklin7

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 04:16:10 AM »
Its a screw on forend and I also looking for a 1/4 x 28 screw for it also. Thanks, TF
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 04:42:44 AM »
That makes it easy as the current forends should work just fine!!  The forend and screw are avalible from the factory and the screw from any better hardware store.
I have switched many of mine over the a hex head screw of the same diimentions.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »
The older Toppers had a different forend than present day pardners use. I just ordered one from Numrich www.e-gunparts.com It comes with the spacer and screws to hold the spacer on and mine was painted black.  You might want to check if your stock is a different color. The forend attachment screw is also available.
The part number for the forend is 295160
The screw is 279360

Hope this helps.

Offline tfranklin7

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »
Thanks for the info guys  ;) .  TF

Offline tfranklin7

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »
Thanks Carbineman, I ordered from Numrich and received the order today, the forend is made specific for Topper 58- 20,28,32and .410 ga barrels which taper more past the chamber than present day Pardner barrels and got the correct thread (1/4x28x1/4)screw also. This is a great little gun  ;D. TF

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »
Thanks Carbineman, I ordered from Numrich and received the order today, the forend is made specific for Topper 58- 20,28,32and .410 ga barrels which taper more past the chamber than present day Pardner barrels and got the correct thread (1/4x28x1/4)screw also. This is a great little gun  ;D. TF

Glad to hear it worked out. Did your forearm come painted black? While I don't have a topper shotgun barrel at this time I have 30-30 topper rifle barrels with the same slim profile.The forearm works for the topper rifle barrels as well. I have to order another for a topper 30-30 barrel purchased on the classifieds this past week. Enjoy your topper.......and good shooting.

Offline tfranklin7

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »
Yes it was black,I will have to refinish and stain it walnut to match but it fits great.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 02:47:30 AM »
OK, so, I understand that the taper of the barrel channel is different.  Is the whole forearm the same length as the one on the newer models?  Is the forearm screw placement in the same location?  Will it work with a newer Pardner if you sand out and fit the barrel channel to you barrel?
Thanks

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 06:07:15 AM »
OK, so, I understand that the taper of the barrel channel is different.  Is the whole forearm the same length as the one on the newer models? Yes it appears to be about the same length at least within 1/4" Is the forearm screw placement in the same location? For the most part it is. I have one topper 30-30 that is a little different and I had to take a small amount of material off to get the forend to line up with the stud that accepts the forearm screw.The pardner forend fits most of the older topper barrels. Will it work with a newer Pardner if you sand out and fit the barrel channel to you barrel?Yes the topper forend will work if expanded. The forend might be a little thin when you are finished though. The topper forend might not be as wide as a wooden pardner forend. I think it would be a lot of work to do it this way. Got a project in mind?
Thanks

cookiemann

Offline tfranklin7

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 06:21:09 AM »
This may help show the difference. Tony

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
No project in mind, right now.  I just like the look of "longer" forearms on the barrel.  The more "streamlined" look of the Topper forearm is nice, too.  Thanks for the pics and the answers.

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"