Author Topic: Double Life for Sisters Stealing $12....  (Read 1801 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Double Life for Sisters Stealing $12....
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 03:57:51 AM »
Some of these guys were educated before Bush's "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" program.

where  in  the constitution  does  it  direct  the government to tax people for education?

What does the  10th amendment say reguarding education?

You and  Bush are  confusing  the constitution with the Karl Marx  writings
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline JBlk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »
Makes you wonder how a Judge could administer a sentence that severe.I wonder what kind of sentences they give the real bad apples.Have you ever asked yourself why one group of people are treated in a different manner when they violate the same law?I always heard that whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »

where  in  the constitution  does  it  direct  the government to tax people for education?

/quote]

KARL, HARPO AND CHECKO were very funny. I wonder if HARPO IS RELATED TO OPRAH???
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 05:03:52 AM »

The 10th amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.  This amendment has been practically dead since Lincoln.  He made it clear that states really have no rights.  It has grown since then, but the feds have the right to control everything these days, why should education be any different. 

As far as No Child Left Behind, that is a totally different issue that I don't think y'all want to read my ranting on, but here it is anyway.  The federal government came in and made federal laws to prevent any child from failing a grade.  What the federal government failed to do was fund this program properly, causing schools to use their already strained budgets to meet the federal mandates.  This has caused some schools to have to close their doors, but the majority of schools, including the one my son attends, are too busy trying to fill the mandates(paperwork, title I workshops, various other federal rules) to actually spend time with the child having problems.

My son's teacher actually admitted to me that the quality of education is the main thing suffering with the implementation of No Child Left Behind.  Teachers and school officials dumb down the material and make the test idiot proof as to not leave any child behind.

Oh and on topic...... I would have to have more information to make a decision as to wether or not I thought these ladies were wrongly accused.  Not to sound cruel, but I don't care enough to look for it.  In my opinion the justice system is screwed up and many innocent people are behind bars and many of guilty folks walking the streets.  I'm sorry I ranted on your topic TM, but I couldn't help myself.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 06:45:51 AM »
We go thru this cycle every generation or so and no one left behind has never worked.
If holding back started early on, first or second grade, no one is offended and their maturity usually catches up.
Some, on the other hand should just be given a token diploma in middle school and shoved out of the way.
There is no way too say it nicely or stay on topic with this.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD