Author Topic: Wyoming mule deer in region C  (Read 1266 times)

Offline pa ridge-runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Wyoming mule deer in region C
« on: August 21, 2003, 02:31:42 PM »
I plan to hunt in region C on a dys hunt.I purchased a number of blm maps and intend to hunt in the Recluse area or near Weston at the nat grasslands.I have heard that the deer are plentiful but not alot of BIG racks.Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated,weather good or bad  :-)

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 03:15:06 PM »
:D I have hunted that area a couple times. The last time was after a big winterkill. We hunted several BLM chunks of land and around Weston. We only saw a few does in 3 days of hunting. We ended up hunting some wildlife areas near Kaycee to even see a buck. It has to be better by now. The first time we hunted that are my buddy saw several bucks on that land near Weston in the SW part of the property. The biologist in the area ,Oldekovan , is very knowledgeable and helpful. Also the game warden can be helpful too. Call one of the district offices to get their #s. There are some very nice bucks on private land North of Spotted Horse.
The chamber of commerce in Gillette has land owner lists of ranches that let you hunt for a tresspass fee. Good luck.

Offline pa ridge-runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 01:30:45 AM »
Thank you very much Freddogs,your input is greatly appreciated, I will try to contact these people. :D