Author Topic: How accurate?  (Read 967 times)

Offline shootercochran

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
How accurate?
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:58:07 AM »
How accurate can you shoot slugs with just a bead sight out of one of these single shot pardners?  I've never tried it and don't currently have one.

I'm thinking of a 12 guage with a modified choke.  Can you add a rear sight?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: How accurate?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »
we used to shoot them for qual once or twice a year before we got rifle sights on them and you can easily keep regular foster style slugs in a 6" - 8" circle at 50 yards,and many could do it beyond that....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline shootercochran

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
One of these days I gotta figure out how to do that.  :-\
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »
Ah!!! but you CAN do it grasshopper, be the bullet...aim small, miss small....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »
I can get 4" groups @ 50 yards with the bead sight using my 20 gauge Pardner with factory modified screw in choke. This is using Remington Sluggers. I haven't tried any other slugs. I use it for bad weather deer hunting.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Hunter_Smurf

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »
ROSSI / BRAZTECK SINGLE SHOT 20 Gauge
3" MODIFIED CHOKED FIXED BARREL
   was a good bird gun but the accuracy from a generic slug was horrable.. 3 shots and no were near the target at 30 yards was about 12-20 inches low.....

NEW ENGLAND FIREARM SINGLE SHOT 12 Gauge
3" MODIFIED CHOKED FIXED BARREL
  is completely the opposite ... about 35 yards away can shoot a 2 inch round 5 inch long branch  first shot... i have also shot several deer over the last 12-13 years.out to about 50 yards ..one shot one kill all except 1 (but that was because of a rubber slip on pad )...  this is the only shotgun i will hunt deer with when i go to shotgun only areas....

so im not sure i helped you but this is my experience with these guns.. one i love, one was crap...lol
I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you,
                             Your just not laughing.......

Ever notice the deer we get is always smaller
                              than the deer we saw..??.lol

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 03:58:54 AM »
my NEF 20 ga with modified choke was plenty accurate for deer out to 50 yds with remington sluggers.It just takes some practice and learning where to hold your head on the stock  for the best  sighting. By that I mean how you see the bead front sight in relationship to your target so as  not to
be shooting to high or low.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 04:49:47 AM »
yes, that is correct, aiming is important.....<><....:)

Offline shootercochran

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »
How do breneke slugs work?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »
I have gotten the most accuracy out of my smoothbores with Brenneke 2 3/4" 12 gauge "MP's". I believe they were the european Brennekes perhaps imported for sale here. Others have tried the Brenneke "KO's" with some success but not as well as mine with the "MP's". A year or two ago Brenneke of America took over and the products are a bit different now. I am hoarding my last supply of MP's.
What I do highly suggest for best accuracy is standard velocity 2 3/4" slug loads. There is really no need for the 3" and 3 1/2" magnums in slugs for whitetail deer out to 100 yards. There is a need for them for big nasty things that can eat you and are up close, bears and big hogs, and up close and personal like that the difference of a few inches of accuracy at 100 yards is not going to matter. I believe to many people go for the magnum loads for no real reason, just thinking bigger and badder is better, but it does not work out that way in the real world....<><....:)

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 04:09:12 AM »
I tried the Brenneke KO's for the first time this year in my NEF  20 ga. Out of a box of 5, I had 3 pierced primers.I've never had a problem with any other brand of slugs in this shotgun,or with shotshells either. I went back to my favorite,Rem sluggers,and all is well once again.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 06:03:38 AM »
others here have also not reported the best accuracy out of the Brenneke KO's. That is why I am hoarding my last supply of Brenneke MP's. It seems when Brenneke of America took over distribution in the US things changed....<><....:)a