Author Topic: Proposed Law May Allow Obama AG Holder to “Ban Guns at Will”  (Read 1659 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)

Proposed Law May Allow Obama AG Holder to “Ban Guns at Will”

Infowars
January 7, 2009

Holder wrote a brief in the (District of Columbia) Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home.

It looks like the gun-grabbers may have a field day when the new Congress convenes.

According to Bob Unruh, writing for WorldNetDaily, Obama’s AG nominee, Eric Holder, may have the ability to ban guns at will. Unruh cites H.R. 1022, sponsored by New York Democrat Carolyn McCarthy and 67 co-sponsors. It was introduced in February 2007 and the next month referred to the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security, where it bogged down.

“But that could change in the 111th Congress, sworn in today,” writes Unruh, who cites Alan Korwin, author of Gun Laws of America. Korwin mentioned H.R. 1022 in a recent commentary.

Korwin said the plan would allow the U.S. Attorney General – possibly Holder – to add to the list of guns banned to the public any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.”

“Note that … Holder … wrote a brief in the (District of Columbia) Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home,” Korwin said.

H.R. 1022 states that “there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.”

According to Korwin, H.R. 1022 “virtually dismisses the principles of the Second Amendment.”

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

“Korwin said the Democrats listed in H.R. 1022 a framework for guns to be banned that includes originals, copies or duplicates of a wide-ranging list of shotguns, pistols and rifles,” writes Unruh. “One of the red flags for semiautomatic rifles would be ‘anything’ that can serve as a grip, and as set up now, the Democrat members of the Judiciary Committee ‘are all sworn enemies to the Second Amendment and are unlikely to be swayed at all by any firearms related arguments,’ he said,” citing Korwin.

It is expected Obama will will appoint at least one or two Supreme Court justices, thus stacking the deck against the Second Amendment. The Supreme Court decided in the D.C. vs. Heller case that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to own firearms, not just the right for states to form armed militias. Under Obama, all of this may change for the worse.

“America’s 85 million gun owners have ample reason to be pessimistic about how their civil rights will fare under the Obama administration. Mr. Obama will have a Congress with an anti-gun Democrat majority leadership to push his gun control agenda. Gun owners have not forgotten Mr. Obama’s acknowledged opposition to concealed carry rights, nor his support for a ban on handgun ownership when he was running for the Illinois state senate,” explains Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Second Amendment Foundation.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Proposed Law May Allow Obama AG Holder to “Ban Guns at Will”
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:24 PM »
The time is coming and SOON when each of us must make a decision. That decision will be whether to peacefully turn over all our freedoms and liberty or to stand and fight almost certainly to die in the process to defend them. It's gonna be like Patrick Henry said life and liberty or death. That truly is a decision we all are going to face in our life times I believe and likely in the term of prez obama.

What will your decision be? If you haven't made it yet I suggest you begin figuring it out cuz when they knock on your door it's too late then to begin thinking on it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »
The time is coming and SOON when each of us must make a decision. That decision will be whether to peacefully turn over all our freedoms and liberty or to stand and fight almost certainly to die in the process to defend them. It's gonna be like Patrick Henry said life and liberty or death. That truly is a decision we all are going to face in our life times I believe and likely in the term of prez obama.

What will your decision be? If you haven't made it yet I suggest you begin figuring it out cuz when they knock on your door it's too late then to begin thinking on it.
I don't think we can win unless the military is with us. I have thought about selling most of my guns before this happens.

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:12 AM »

I don't think we can win unless the military is with us. I have thought about selling most of my guns before this happens.
Did you forget to attach one of those "Emoticons" to this post?  You're kidding, right?!!
  If your not kidding... I'll give you $25.00 for each of them.
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:55:15 AM »

Looks like you have made your decision.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nodlenor

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »
Laws don't mean much when they can be changed every time a different person takes office. Laws should reflect the will of the people not the will of our leaders.
Self government without self discipline will not work; Paul Harvey

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
We may all have to really think about the words of
Emilio Zapata IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON MY FEET THAN TO LIVE ON MY KNEES.
I am 61 years old, kids are 39 and 35 they will have to make their decisions.
no grand children. When and if they start picking up guns if people don't turn
them in when ask it is going to get very tense very quick. When some one decides
to shoot it out it may spark a revolution. Then people will have to make decisions
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 10:38:33 AM »
I just have a problem with cops and military that don't know about the nwo. I for one don't want to shoot  Americans.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:40:43 AM »
i am sure their were people that felt the same in 1860, but they got over it.
Rex

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 10:42:26 AM »
i am sure their were people that felt the same in 1860, but they got over it.
I feel better already.  :D

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »
i am too old and fat to run, too lazy too work, too nervous too steal.
i just don't know what i can do :'( :'( :'( :'(

;D :o ::)
Rex

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »
I am anticipating some extremely turbulent times are coming.  And it will not be long, maybe a matter of weeks.
" we are screwed "

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:07 AM »
I am anticipating some extremely turbulent times are coming.  And it will not be long, maybe a matter of weeks.
That's what I have heard.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 11:56:32 AM »
GB I'm gonna give em my ammo. Well at least the bullets, and ya know what? Ever since I was born onto Gods green Earth, I have been dying, I hope I can die for something, but even more I hope if that time comes I hope I can make a whole lot more of them die for what they believe. If the time comes, do not wait for them, be proactive, go get then in their homes, at work, wherever you find them. Don't believe the liberal BS they tell you about killing another person, it's not hard and it's not hard to live with.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 12:22:16 PM »
The law I obey is the one contained in the constitution.  It says nothing about "military guns"  All guns have been used by the military at one time or another.  From single shot to bolt action.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline brennemanj83

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 01:15:13 PM »
Sure they'll get my guns.......................but only and I mean only after they PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS.I for one am willing to stand up for my rights and if the time comes I will t fight for my RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.....and no one is going to take that from me as long as I am still breathing.
Banned for less than honest trading practices.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »
MS should change that M to a B
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Foxxtrot

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »
The decision is really an easy one. Die standing for the country itself and the ideas that made it so. It is us, our fathers, and the history of democracy that will lead those that make it a better place. I give openly to what comes. The media and government has driven us apart and it makes me shake my head when I see another man and he distrust me. When I was younger I could look at 90% of men and get a look of genuine spirit. Now it is more like 30% and those men are mostly over 50, but there are those that have it at the younger ages.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 05:11:05 PM »

You have eliminated everything except stand and fight.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
MS should change that M to a B
You should change the torpedo too she !  :o

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 04:34:12 AM »

Korwin said the plan would allow the U.S. Attorney General – possibly Holder – to add to the list of guns banned to the public any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.”

Does anyone else see the flawed logic here?  The second amendment doesn't protect our rights to bear arms for "sporting purposes"  The second amendment secures our right to protect US from THEM!!!!  Any laws designed to take any guns and/or ammo for any reason is illegal and unconstitutional.  I know I know that doesn't mean much anymore, but when it gets to that point maybe more people will wake up and take a stand and secure or rights for at least a few generations until people are softened and ignorant again.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 04:59:21 AM »
I've talked to several people that think there is a civil war coming in this country.  I desperately hope that is not the case.  Police have a job to protect and serve, and sometimes that means following orders that they don't like just like soldiers do.  I know cops, their families and their children.  I don't see a cop as a bad guy even when I have gotten ticketed (once or twice or ....).  Being a policeman is a very honorable job and I am grateful that men and women take that thanksless job.

I'd rather hear about people burying some of their guns & ammo preserved in plastic bags so they can be had again when the time comes that they are legal again.  If some major civil war should start up at least there would be a private cache somewhere.

I'd feel completely comfortable if I had to defend my home with my lever action rifle as I would with an AR-15 with a 30 round mag.  I believe everything becomes popular and unpopular in cycles.  Right now guns are not popular, but I believe that will change with time.  

I hold the constitution in high regard, but I'm more concerned about God's laws than I am about the constitutions or Obama's.  People need to remind themselves of the ten commandments and who's rules they are going to follow while they can.  Give unto Cesar what is Cesar's.... or bury it in the ground until a new Cesar is around.

Offline SDS-GEN

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 05:24:08 AM »
You are concerned about God's law?   What about the rights that God granted you?

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13:05 AM »
You are concerned about God's law?   What about the rights that God granted you?

I'm can't see standing in front of God explaining why I felt the need to shoot people over my not being able to own a style of rifle when others were just as readily available.  My go-to rifle is a bolt action 30-06 and I'm very comfortable putting rounds where they need to be with that rifle.  If it was a ban on all guns of every type, then I could see where people were coming from.

If I remember right from Obama's acceptance speach he talked about not needing a 30 round mag to hunt deer and I agree with him that it's not needed to hunt deer, but I want 30 round mags and a rifle to take them because I want my family and neighbors to be safe and I think we have a constitutional right to have them.

I agree about the rights God granted us.  I may not be doing a good job explaining what I'm getting at here and please don't think I'm for any kind of gun control.  I'm just not ready to say people should start making widows and orphans without remorse because honorable men and women all of a sudden went from public servants, friends, & neighbors to the gun collecting nazi's.  I didn't vote for Obama, and I don't agree with any of his points of view on gun control other than not needing a 30 round mag in your rifle to kill a deer, but the point of those magazines is for a well armed public to keep the government in check and should be legal under the constitution.

I got into this discussion at work this morning with a couple co-workers and I brought up the example of the bank robbing guys in California with AK47's dumping plenty of ammo and the example of the "DC Sniper" who took aimed shots with a bolt rifle.  Personally I'm more worried about a guy who only needs one round and gets away clean than I am about the guys with the auto's doing a spray and pray.  In either case it wasn't the guns fault that some wacko used it to hurt people.

Does this make a little more sense?

Offline SDS-GEN

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 08:49:02 AM »
This proposed bill gives the AG the ability to take away your bolt action 30-06 and lever action 30-30.  Because they were, at one time, military weapons.  I have too many friends in the military and law enforcement to want to kill any of them.  I've made it this far in life without having to take another human life and would gladly go to the grave myself without killing another man.  However I once took an oath to defend the constitution of this country against all foes, foreign and domestic.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »
I've made it this far in life without having to take another human life and would gladly go to the grave myself without killing another man.  However I once took an oath to defend the constitution of this country against all foes, foreign and domestic.

I have a really hard time seeing them taking away my lever action 30-30 or my bolt action 30-06.  My 30-30 is as American as John Wayne, and apple pie.  I could see them going after some of the bolt action "sniper" type rifles though. 

I took the same oath and I agree with your sentiment.  I just keep hoping that all this is just meaningless talk and nothing will come of it.  I don't want to see any of the SHTF scenarios become reality and I try to be as positive as I can be about the situation.

Offline whackmnstackm1775

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »
All Enemies Foriegn and DOMESTIC.

Semper Fi

Gun control means hitting your target.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 01:52:17 PM »

You have eliminated everything except stand and fight.

I am sorry thought every one understood that is all i have left to give.
Rex

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »
I've made it this far in life without having to take another human life and would gladly go to the grave myself without killing another man.  However I once took an oath to defend the constitution of this country against all foes, foreign and domestic.

I have a really hard time seeing them taking away my lever action 30-30 or my bolt action 30-06.  My 30-30 is as American as John Wayne, and apple pie.  I could see them going after some of the bolt action "sniper" type rifles though. 

I took the same oath and I agree with your sentiment.  I just keep hoping that all this is just meaningless talk and nothing will come of it.  I don't want to see any of the SHTF scenarios become reality and I try to be as positive as I can be about the situation.

"I could see them going after some of the bolt action "sniper" type rifles though."  Maybe you can "see" that but I SAH
don't. How do you figure that?

"My 30-30 is as American as John Wayne & apple pie" What does that have to do with anything, do you think they are worried about what's American, if that was a concern they would not be looking at gun control at all.

It is clear to see how we got into this mess.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline jimster

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »
Yep, if they want to take an AR, an M1, a pump shotgun, a Thompson,  they will darn sure decide if you should have a 30-30 as well, and they can tell you to put a plug in it so it holds three rounds, and maybe tell you to use rubber bullets in it too.  And nomosendero hits it on the head, you have a 30.06 with a scope, you have a long range sniper weapon...cause guess what, that what a sniper uses.  You won't have that long either.  You go along with anything and be complacent, they will take it all.  They already have in some States,  and that is because the States have the power to regulate this themselves.
You only want your 30-30, you best fight for the right of others to have an AR, or you won't have a thing.  Count on it.