Author Topic: California  (Read 776 times)

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
California
« on: January 09, 2009, 04:26:56 AM »
Poor California!  That state just can't catch a break.  First off it is practically bankrupt and asking for Federal handouts to pay its workers.  Now there is rioting in Oakland.  Has anyone seen the video of them attempting to destroy a police car?  How are they gonna pay to fix it?  I imagine that they will just add the damages to the total they want from our tax dollars.  Oh did I forget to mention that earthquakes shook southern Cali last night?  If I was one to believe in Karma I would say that the residents and/or government of California has done something very bad to deserve financial struggles, rioting, and quakes all at the same time!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: California
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 05:55:14 AM »
This is just a minor incident, in what is, I'm afraid, many things to come. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 08:18:43 AM »
Actually California only gets about 70% of the tax dollars it give to the Federal government.  Are you one of the "Free Cheese States."
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
Poor California!  That state just can't catch a break.  First off it is practically bankrupt and asking for Federal handouts to pay its workers.

No doubt about it. The people who run our state have run it into the ground.
They all should be wearing orange jumpsuits and be locked up in my opinion.

Now there is rioting in Oakland.

There is rioting in Oakland because a transit cop shot a black guy in the
back and killed him. That tends to get people upset. It doesn't justify rioting. Nothing
does.

Has anyone seen the video of them attempting to destroy a police car?  How are they gonna pay to fix it?  I imagine that they will just add the damages to the total they want from our tax dollars. 

Oh did I forget to mention that earthquakes shook southern Cali last night?

There is earthquakes here all the time. Believe it or not you get used to it.
I have lived here all my life. (49 years) It's just part of the deal the way tornadoes
are in the Midwest and hurricanes are along the gulf coast. If God says your time
on earth is up there's not much you can do about it. No matter where you live.

If I was one to believe in Karma I would say that the residents and/or government of California has done something very bad to deserve financial struggles, rioting, and quakes all at the same time!

Hey, bad stuff is happening all over right now. Not just in California. It's
not all bad out here though. The weather around San Diego is usually fantastic. I'm
going down to the beach tomorrow morning at 8:00 A.M. and do some surf fishing
in shorts and a t shirt and I won't be the least bit cold. Believe it or not there a lot
of conservative people who live in our state. The area around San Diego has a lot
of military and retired military people as well as people like you and me who love
their God, their country, and their guns. It makes us sick to see what is happening
to our country as well as our state. It still is a beautiful place in many ways.
We're not all a bunch of tofu eating, late drinking, tree hugging, hybrid driving,
BHO loving, anti gun, atheists.

Robert

Heather

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:28:51 AM »
Robert, I hope for your sake and California's that the voters of the state will wake up and stop sending the same liberals to Sacremento.  I also live on the left coast and see our state sliding further into the exact same kind of mess California is in.  I'm afraid that things will have to get much worse before people have enough and quit electing Dumbycrats.

Man I thought you guys were getting back on track when you threw Gray Davis out, but there must be something in the water down there, because the Governator has really let you all down.
Swingem

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 04:03:11 AM »
Magooch,
Your right. The governor turned out to be a total joke! Instead of addressing real important
issues he wants to do stupid things like increase the aid to illegal aliens and make the
pollution standards tougher for the auto manufactures and industry. Talk about Nero
fiddling while Rome is burning. He's no different than about 98% of the politicians that
we have today all over the country. When they are running for office they claim that they
will change everything for the better if they are elected. However when they finally do get
elected they tell their constituency "screw you! I'm voting for what I want." It happens
all the time.

Robert

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 07:43:51 AM »
I just assumed this thread was going to discuss shooting unarmed people laying on the their stomach restrained.  If I lived in Oakland and that lowest form of human pig was still walking the streets I'd be rioting too.

[yt=425,350]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKy-WSZMklc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKy-WSZMklc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/yt]

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 08:05:30 AM »
2 year vet?  That's an ironic statement... Looks like an accidental discharge to me.  I'll bet 10 bucks this dude was going to draw his Glock and press it against the perp and accidently popped one off... Not good...as there were already 2 cops restraining the dude... But by far no means for rioting... :(
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »
IMHO PEACEFUL protesting was justified.  On the other hand rioting in the streets seems to be the only way to get anyones attention these days.  If people were half as concerned about what our country is us collectively as they are about what one cop did to one citizen we would see mass rioting EVERYWHERE!!!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 01:50:36 PM »
Good Point...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »
From everything I have seen on the surface the shooting of the man at the Oakland B.A.R.T. station was not legally justifiable.  I will wait for the investigations to be completed to learn the how and why of the case.  There are those who are protesting in a constructive manner and those who are out to destroy.  Currently Oakland P.D., B.A.R.T, the district attorney are conducting investigations into the shooting.  The California State Attorney General has assigned a monitor to the case. 

Most likely, but not publicly the United States Attorney in San Francisco, for the Northern District of California and the F.B.I. are keeping up to date incase there are allegations of civil rights violations.

The City of Oakland has been struggling with the highest or nearly the highest crime rate in the State of California.  The City has made some progress and it is unfortunate that the hard working people in the City have to pay for the damage caused by bottom feeders. 

Back in my school days I had a friend who lived the good life in the country, and all he wanted was to become a cop.  His training started early and he developed skills with a handgun, and rifle.  He went to a four-year college and obtained a degree in criminal justice.  I was shocked to learn that he applied and got a job with Oakland P.D.  For a man who likes action it was ideal job.

During my L.E. career I got to visit Oakland a couple of times, once for weeks, and for a few hours on another case.  Like many big cities there is rank poverty, and there are some very high price homes.  Oakland has been suffering white flight for many years.  I went to the net to find crime comparisons for the City of Oakland.  When it is compared to most California cities Oakland has the highest crime rate.  I was surprised when I compared it with Birmingham, Alabama.  Birmingham, the city of my mother’s birth, must be one tough city.  Birmingham exceeds Oakland and the National Crime average numbers.  While Oakland has fewer murders, it has more aggravated assaults.  Oakland also exceeds in car theft. 

http://oaklandca.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Oakland&s1=CA&c2=Birmingham&s2=AL

Oakland is a tough city to be a cop in, to run a business, and raise a family in.  This does not excuse the shooting.  But there is no excuse for rioting in the streets.  Many citizens have gone to local, State, and County government and have voiced their concerns.  Government is listening to those concerns and taking action.  In many cases it is the same people who complain about lynch mob mentality when a black man is accused of a crime.  I do not know the ethnic background of the shooter in this case, but it is clear that many in the community that decries the lynch mop are now leading the mob.

Does the mob actions make sense, the other night I watched a black businesswoman cry when she viewed the damage the mob caused to her business. 

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_11405848?source=most_emailed
At times crime spills out of Oakland into other areas.  During the past year four black suspects enter the nearby University of California Berkley campus during daylight hours.  They robbed students who were working outside in common areas of their computers, and money. http://www.calstate.edu/pa/clips2007/september/14sept/crime.shtml

A few earthquakes have impacted Oakland,

For those that are interested in California’s suffering we have our own earthquake map and monitoring system. http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Some of the black helicopter people feel that California earthquakes are actually Nevada folks trying to level the Sierra-Nevada Mountains to allow winter storms to drop more moisture on Nevada.  Wink!

Unfortunately California Government is a dismal mess and folks in the rural counties have little sway in the role of government.

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 06:32:46 PM »
The VAST majority of crime in nearby B'ham is black crime and a huge amount black on black crime. They kill each other there at an astonishing rate. But hey Anniston is closer and much smaller but I think it has a higher rate or at least did last time I heard. Again most black and most murders black on black.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
You got me going Bill and I ran the numbers for Anniston.  One nasty town, but Birmingham has them beat when it comes to murders and rapist.  My mother most likely rolling over in her grave hearing what has become of Anniston and Birmingham.

Oaklands crime is mostly black on black.

Within the last few weeks the History Channel had a program saying that before WWII California had a very small black population.  During the war a large number of black migrated from the South to California to find work.

One of the most notable early pioneers was James Beckwourth.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Beckwourth

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 04:48:33 AM »
Oakland might have the highest violent crime rate for California, but most of the crime takes place in Sacramento.  The same as most of the crime in our state happens in Olympia.
Swingem

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 05:42:58 AM »
Since I stopped taking the Anniston Star I've not looked at the figures lately. Anniston used to have the highest per capita murder rate in the state almost all blacks killing blacks. The paper is owned by one of the premier antigun guys in the country so I don't put money in his pocket.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!