Author Topic: Browning LH T-Bolt  (Read 2149 times)

Offline WayneS

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Browning LH T-Bolt
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »
  Yes i know this is an old post...  BUT it's still relevant, the LH T-bolts are left hand bolt, with a "right hand" action...  I HATE that!

DM

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »
I tried soooo hard to like it. Browning is a great name.
Ended up getting a true LH bolt action made in the Czech Weapons Factory.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
I tried soooo hard to like it. Browning is a great name.
Ended up getting a true LH bolt action made in the Czech Weapons Factory.

I don't blame you...  I wanted one in 22WMR, but i don't want a half LH gun!  For what they cost, they should do them right!  I guess i'll have to live with my old T-bolt in 22lr,

And my Remingtom 597M.

DM

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
 Yes i know this is an old post...  BUT it's still relevant, the LH T-bolts are left hand bolt, with a "right hand" action...  I HATE that!

DM

They are?  Interesting....  My Remington 788 is like that.  I actually like the setup.

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:24:33 AM »

DM

They are?  Interesting....  My Remington 788 is like that.  I actually like the setup.

What's to like?  They throw the empties across in front of your face, and they are a PITA to load single shot!  Same with the Rem. LH 580 series that i have.  I sure wouldn't pay Browning prices to get something half done...

DM

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »

DM

What's to like?  They throw the empties across in front of your face, and they are a PITA to load single shot!  Same with the Rem. LH 580 series that i have.  I sure wouldn't pay Browning prices to get something half done...

DM

My semi-autos, pumps and lever-actions throw empties across in front of my face, too.  Doesn't bother me a bit.  As for loading single-shot, I'm cross dominant, so I shoot left-handed and left-eyed, but I'm actually right handed.  No problem loading single-shot here.

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »
  Like many left handed folks, i can use either hand too...BUT, i shouldn't have to, as it's "supose to be" a LEFT hand rifle!  It isn't, and i vote with my dollars...  They get a NO vote.

DM

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 02:40:56 AM »
I guess we'll chalk this one up to "different strokes for different folks", then.  I understand your position, and I find no fault with it.  Just cause I like the LH bolt, RH eject doesn't mean you do or should.  The fact that the Browning T-Bolts have that feature/functionality/flaw will make me take a closer look at them next time I go looking for a bolt-action rimfire.

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 04:09:58 AM »
I guess we'll chalk this one up to "different strokes for different folks", then.  I understand your position, and I find no fault with it.  Just cause I like the LH bolt, RH eject doesn't mean you do or should.  The fact that the Browning T-Bolts have that feature/functionality/flaw will make me take a closer look at them next time I go looking for a bolt-action rimfire.

Some people are brand loyal, i'm not, if it isn't right i vote with my $$.  The fact that i can't use my left hand to load it or clear a round without turning the gun over, is unacceptable for a LH firearm.  They did it "right" once before, they are just cheapoing out now...

BUT, if they choose to loose sales, and then complain not enough folks bought them, so be it...

DM

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 09:08:05 PM »
True, there are people who are brand loyal.  I assure you this is not the case with me, as I've never owned or even fired anything made by Browning.  The more I look at their left-handed offerings, though, the more likely I am to look for a Browning for my next bolt-action purchase, rimfire or not.

You have every right to spend your money on what you want, and to not spend your money on something that you are dissatisfied with.