Author Topic: Backyard hare  (Read 977 times)

Offline cccombo

• Trade Count: (0)
Backyard hare
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:14:25 AM »
After a quiet Sunday arvo surfing the net and keeping the kids happy, I went to the kitchen to start an early dinner, it was 5pm, i looked through the window and not expecting anything, I saw two hares ;D

Excited i swiftly moved to the gun locker and unleashed my newly acquired FX cyclone

Having never shot a fury critter with an airgun, that & the last couple of spotlighting trips have been cancelled dew to rain, I was a bit nervous as I quickly snuck round the back in between the shed and the water tanks

Slowly I edged my gun round the corner, the crappy temporary bushnell banner scope gave me enough light to work with, I aimed and snapped a round off just down and back from the eye

the result:

I aimed at the other hare but he was to quick for me, next inspector gadget, next time!

Offline kombi1976

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Backyard hare
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »
Top work, cccombo.
Those air rifles must be really good.
Living in a country town I regularly see hares on the edge of town or in newly developed housing areas where there are still expanses of grass.
A good hi-powered air rifle would definitely do the trick.
Either that or a bow.
8)

Cheers & God Bless

.22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 NE 3"

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Re: Backyard hare
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »
That will be good in your Pot!
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html