Author Topic: Do you think this is right?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Do you think this is right?
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:55:33 AM »
Do you think this is right? The police in the video shoot a suspect in the back while running away. They had dogs there they just should of released the dogs on him. I see no need for them to shoot him. Dale

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1231263724
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Do you think this is right?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 04:36:56 AM »
they  continued  to fire after  he was down  too
they could have chased  him with a car  he  had  no where close  to hide

better  get  used to  it  the democrats will  sent  the same cops  and drug  enforcement  teems 
to get your guns  one  day  bebore too  long
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:23:37 AM »
IMO, police work has become to militarized.  Good police work has been replaced by a kick the door down and drag them out dead or alive mentality. 

Remember Ruby Ridge?  Waco?

What the feds do eventually finds it's way to state and local government.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:46:40 AM »
Where is the non leathel force? On the other hand stop should mean stop
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:16:18 AM »
I guess he should have stopped when they told him to. ;)

Spanky

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 08:32:58 AM »
When I guy with a badge and a gun tells you to do something, it's best to listen.  ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 08:36:25 AM »
That first shot was a warning shot.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »
and  when  they tell  you  to  turn  in your  gun  you  better
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Brett

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 09:08:56 AM »
and  when  they tell  you  to  turn  in your  gun  you  better

I said it's best to listen I didn't say I always do.  ;)   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 10:02:19 AM »
Looks to me like at the end they are putting the guy in the car?????? maybe it was  non leathel force???? the shot would sound close to the same. may have been beanbags or rubber bullets HURTS LIKE CRAP!!!!!!

Offline eod20

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
  • stinker
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 10:09:15 AM »
the subject was obviously a fleeing FELONY subject, there was a high speed chase that ended in a bad accident and the subject then refused commands, turn the volume up and you can hear the officers giving repeated commands to the subject , which HE  refused to obey    and you can hear the officers state that he has something in his hands that he pointed at them.   and that is life not a movie    when someone is shot they do not just fall over and stop what they were doing to get shot, they sometimes continue to fight and try to injure the police like shoot at them.     when he got shot and went down and we lost sight of him we can not say what happened.    under the federal standard what that video showed was a legal use of deadly force 
looking for ejectors - 308, 8mm, 35 rem, 25-20, 32-20, 357 mag, 45LC

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 10:13:41 AM »
I still think they should of turned the dogs loose on him first. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »
It looks like the end of a high speed chase- innocent people don't run-either in their cars or on their feet when they are stopped. We can sit at our monitors and evaluate and reevaluate what the cops should have done in a situation that in real life happens in a split second. Sometimes they make the right decision, sometimes they make the wrong one.-I know for a fact- If I am stopped by the police- I am sitting in my seat-with my hands where they can see them. I was drawn on by a cop once when I was pulled over for having a headlight out. I got out of my truck to check the headlight because I didn't believe him-oops, I didnt see his partner standing on the other side of my truck with his Glock centered on my forehead! The cops, just like you and I, want to go home to their wife and kids at the end of their shift.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
Clearly some are mourning this Boy Scout. 

http://www.kget.com/mostpopular/story/Officer-involved-shooting-leaves-one-man-dead/BJhORs8gJUehzGb1aZDcBQ.cspx#BBECDEEMBEDEDPLAYER

I think it was a good shooting.  Police dogs get shot and stabbed all the time.  The dogs are not there to be scarified.

Do you think the neighborhood where this started will miss him!

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »
This guy could have been a real low life piece of crap with a record a mile long. His life is still worht more than a dogs life. The dog is just an animal no differernt than the groundhogs I shoot. Or the deer you shoot. Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »
It looks like the end of a high speed chase- innocent people don't run-either in their cars or on their feet when they are stopped. We can sit at our monitors and evaluate and reevaluate what the cops should have done in a situation that in real life happens in a split second. Sometimes they make the right decision, sometimes they make the wrong one.-I know for a fact- If I am stopped by the police- I am sitting in my seat-with my hands where they can see them. I was drawn on by a cop once when I was pulled over for having a headlight out. I got out of my truck to check the headlight because I didn't believe him-oops, I didnt see his partner standing on the other side of my truck with his Glock centered on my forehead! The cops, just like you and I, want to go home to their wife and kids at the end of their shift.
Back in the 80's I went back to my home town( for a visit ) after living in FL for a few years. I was driving a red Blazer with a very loud stereo system. I had the music cranked and I ran a yellow light or you could call it orange. I had all my windows tinted very dark. You could walk up to this SUV and not see in at all even with your hands cupped around your eyes. Well the local cop that pulled me over came to my door with his gun drawn. I really don't blame him he could not see me. Besides I had FL plates and a loud stereo. I fit the description of a drug dealer. I rolled down my window and all was good I knew the cop. This would have been very different if he did not know me. Dale

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 11:26:18 PM »
If you cause stress you have too deal with the stress you cause.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline beerbelly

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »
I watched the video several times. I can see no excuse for shooting that guy! He was running away, with his back to the cops. There is no way he was a threat to them. They could have let the dogs go and he would have been in custody in two minuets flat, begging the cops to get he dogs off him. If they are that cowardly they are in the wrong line of work!
  In my opinion they should be tried for murder. Just remember if they can do it to him and get away with it , they can do it to you!
                                                     Beerbelly

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 01:45:14 AM »
Too bad he didn't die, now we have to feed and house him.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 02:00:23 AM »
ditto!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 03:45:41 AM »
I watched the video several times. I can see no excuse for shooting that guy! He was running away, with his back to the cops. There is no way he was a threat to them. They could have let the dogs go and he would have been in custody in two minuets flat, begging the cops to get he dogs off him. If they are that cowardly they are in the wrong line of work!
  In my opinion they should be tried for murder. Just remember if they can do it to him and get away with it , they can do it to you!
                                                     Beerbelly

I must have missed something, i didn't see anyone killed, they had him on his knees and he walked to the police car.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 04:04:50 AM »
This guy could have been a real low life piece of crap with a record a mile long. His life is still worht more than a dogs life. The dog is just an animal no differernt than the groundhogs I shoot. Or the deer you shoot. Dale

they  did not have  to shoot  him
in  hind  sight  tho  it  is  to bad  he   didn't die

the dogs life is more valuable than  this  man
a ground hog  is more valuable than  this mans  life
better  to see him  die  than  a mosquito at  your deer stand

Offline eod20

• Avid Poster
  • stinker
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
do more research before you comment    the person put into the car was not the subject     the subject car jacked that vehicle and shot the owner moments before the chase which resulted in that accident     the subject was known to be armed and to have just shot a civilian  and he did die after he was med-evaced to the local hospital    if you haven't been there be careful with your judgement     that shooting will be ruled justified under both federal and California laws   as it should be
looking for ejectors - 308, 8mm, 35 rem, 25-20, 32-20, 357 mag, 45LC

Offline powderman

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »
I reckon he shoulda folowed orders???? Good shoot. I have no tolerence for punks. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jimster

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »
Well, considering he was armed, or could have been,  he could have hurt the dogs. :-[ 

If it was MY dog, I shoot the criminal to protect my dog.  ;)

If you don't want to get beat up or shot, don't run from police officers. 

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »
I think the law enforcement did the right thing. 
This perp had already demonstrated extreme violent behaviour, he was armed and doing everything in his power to evade arrest.  He was desperate enough to do anything, and had he been able to get away, he most certainly was capable of anything.   Every person, on foot or in a car, within a 1 mile radius, would have been at risk of a violent attack.
" we are screwed "

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »
The reason why they shot the guy is because bullets are cheaper than taking the dog to the dentist. The poor dogs teeth would have rotted out if he would have bitten the man.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
This may sting---think before you respond.
Folks get killed, folks kill.
I don't really have an issue with things I can't change--well, because no one can change these things.
IF, you do the crime expect to have too suffer. You probably don't want too accept the responsibility and your momma will cry and folks will want too hang the cops but you probably are going too have suffer, your momma will cry and folks will soon forget about you, your momma and hanging the cops.
Life sucks if you are a looser, and I don't care if your momma crys or doesn't.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline jlbeebe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »
I don't have much love for law enforcement but I can't blame them for this shooting. If this guy had gotten away and shot someone else (like someone you care about) everyone would blame the cops for not stopping this guy when they had the chance. This is one less creep we have to spend money on. The cops did the right thing and I'm glad I didn't have to do it. ;D ;D

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 02:00:02 AM »
"In my opinion they should be tried for murder. Just remember if they can do it to him and get away with it , they can do it to you!"
                                                     Beerbelly

Watched it many times you say huh? Trying to try these police men for murder would be like burying the survivors of a plane crash.

The police did the right thing, they had a dangerous felon who was trying to flee they were within theirs rights to use deadly force to stop him.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.