Author Topic: USH 20 gauge, scope & rings help  (Read 485 times)

Offline Michigander65

• Trade Count: (0)
USH 20 gauge, scope & rings help
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »
I have a new 20 gauge USH and would like to put a Bushnell Banner scope -1.75x4x32 on it. What are the best rings for my application?

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Re: USH 20 gauge, scope & rings help
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:21:58 PM »
Good luck with getting that scope on the USH. I tried one with high rings and the power ring kept hitting the top of the hammer when positioned where I wanted it. Ex high rings might work, but I never tried them. If you haven't bought the scope already, try a different scope that has a smaller ocular bell and power ring. I have used the 1-4 Leupold 0r the 1-3 Weaver. Both these scopes are 20mm, with a small bell and power adjuster and work with high and/or sometimes medium rings. In my experiences they are real nice scopes with enough eye relief to boot, especially the Leupold.

In the H&R centerfire section look under the thread started by Duce labeled FAQ's This thread if you scroll down will give you all the info you would need on any shotgun question or handi-rifle question for the most part.

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »
I mounted that scope in a Trophy series on my 20 USH. I used extra high weaver quad locks. They may not be the best rings but, it does allow the ocular bell to clear the hammer. Good luck, you'll enjoy the 20 ga.   JamesIII

Offline Michigander65

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:04:15 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.