Author Topic: Swivel Gun  (Read 5897 times)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Swivel Gun
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2009, 05:02:13 AM »

I'd like to be able to fire my G.B. carronade (on a naval carriage) from inside my hatchback Picasso, with the hatch open.......the problem is - The flash from the vent would probably blow my glass roof out.

"Those who ride in glass cars should not throw (nor shoot) golf balls"  ;D

So Confucious was an artillerist too ?

This is probably an exaggeration on my part, but it sure seems like every time I look at something that it is either stamped, etched, painted or labeled "Made in China"; so to give credit where credit is due, the "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" credits your countryman Geoffrey Chaucer with being the originator of this old adage in his work 'Troilus and Criseyde' (1385).
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Samurai5

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2010, 11:55:26 AM »
LoL. took me awhile to find this post.  I wanted to give an update.  Both mounts work well and the lead ball will shoot at a distance well.....at pretty much anything you can see.  I DEFIANTLY want to try steel balls now however.  The recoil is harsh...but the mounts seem to be working. Windows fine however the smell lingers in the vehicle for a few days.  ;)
Who is John Galt?

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
Thanks for the update, Samurai5. If you get the chance, next time you fire the "tail gun" take some pics, or better yet, a vid.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.