Author Topic: Can I talk to you guys like friends and not get beat up over it?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Can I talk to you guys like friends and not get beat up over it?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »
I can feel the pain; lots of people are really hurting.  I knew things were bad, but really didn’t know how bad until I volunteered to work a telethon for the West Texas Rehabilitation Center.  I worked two nights this week calling past donors to see if they would make a pledge for this year.  About 40% of the folks I talked to said they were currently in a financial situation that prevents them from contributing at this time.

I have never been in a situation like yours but I understand fully.  Just keep your head up and keep looking, as my old grandfather use to say, “There is a horse for every rider.”  I am sure here is a job for you too, just don’t give up.

Good luck, we will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 11:04:15 PM »
Dale, you may have to broaden your search to include jobs other then carpentry. I reasize that is your background, and I'm sure that you are good at it, but until something in that field opens up, don't close your mind to ANYTHING that brings in money, even if it is less then your are used to earning. Asa someone else mentioned, check the Craigslist classified, checking ALL job forums. Even a parttime gig here and there bring in some $$.
Check with your local high school or trade school that have auto repair classes...with some luck maybe they can use your van as a class demonstrater in making the needed repairs.
If your wife does not get paid for taking care of your mother, check into your State Social Services programs, they may be able to pay.
Check with your local Employment Security office, for job listings.
Etc.,Etc.
Be creative, resourcefull, and followup on any/all leads.
Good Luck!
Mark

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 02:26:58 AM »
ok here comes the bad one.  Dale I certainly understand your problems.  But, there must be a want ad section in the local paper. if I were you I would be pounding on very door there was a job vacancy to support my family on the days I wasnt working.  Any job is better than no job. Time to think about some different lines of work.  This is not anything I have not said to you before. Walmart hires as well as other places.  Time ot broaden the horizons and man up
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
I guess that brought this to a screeching halt
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline weasel

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »
Hey, exactly what I did.