Author Topic: Thank You 'W'....for Signing the Most Draconian Gun Law Ever...  (Read 752 times)

TM7

Thank You 'W'....for Signing the Most Draconian Gun Law Ever...
« on: January 16, 2009, 10:42:33 AM »
President Bush Signs H.R. 660, H.R. 3690, S. 863, and H.R. 2640 (also known as the Veteran's Gun Ban Law) :

H.R. 2640, the "NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007," which requires accurate information on individuals prohibited from possessing firearms to be transmitted by State and local government and Federal agencies to the Justice Department-administered National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS); and provides incentives for facilitating electronic transmission of such information to NICS.

Our strategy going forward must be to EXPOSE this bill and every alleged "conservative" that supported it. - I tried for the better part of 6 months to stop this, and the sad part is... The few of us that got out in front of 2640, were left for dead. -

The double dealing that went down here should be brought out into the light of day.

We were sold out by the NRA, the GOP, the media, our congress, and the President. - I ask you to call out these people in anyway you know how, and to work on the state level to stave off this attack on liberty. - For now the street actions are called off, but I hope you will SCREAM about this until we get some satisfaction.

fyi........     http://www.restoretherepublic.net/Texspitfire/blog/2127/

check it out.....TM7

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Thank You 'W'....for Signing the Most Draconian Gun Law Ever...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »
I hope that before the arguing, folks will actually read and understand the bill(s).  When the big donnybrook over 2640 started here a little over a year ago I was surprised to find that the bill was significantly different than represented.

The bills were signed over a year ago.  This is 2009 and I believe law abiding gun owners face much bigger challenges in the near future.  Argue about yesterday or work on today and the future.   
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:44:58 AM »
GB said NRA was no good for shooter and hunter .  >:(  >:(

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 11:53:55 AM »
we need to support the Second Amendment Foundation and GOA, they are more active than the NRA at the local levels the n.r.a. has seemingly confined itself to a lobbing effort at the federal level.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »
we need to support the Second Amendment Foundation and GOA, they are more active than the NRA at the local levels the n.r.a. has seemingly confined itself to a lobbing effort at the federal level.

Nether group has actually done squat for gun rights, big talk no action. Name one bill they defeated on there own..... Wake me up in ten years when you find one.

Wait tell Obroma gets in, it is only going to get worse.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »
and the gun control becomes more encompassing
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
And let us not forget the RealID Act goes into effect nation wide in march... get ready for your chip....

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
I hope that before the arguing, folks will actually read and understand the bill(s).  When the big donnybrook over 2640 started here a little over a year ago I was surprised to find that the bill was significantly different than represented.

The bills were signed over a year ago.  This is 2009 and I believe law abiding gun owners face much bigger challenges in the near future.  Argue about yesterday or work on today and the future.   
Don't think there is much to argue.
..TM7

You're right.  I don't see much to argue about either.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »
And let us not forget the RealID Act goes into effect nation wide in march... get ready for your chip....

Matt

Not sure I know about that. What is the realid act you speak of. POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cement Man

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 03:01:07 PM »

Torpedoman,
I live in a rural area of NW Illinois.  Not the best state for a gun owner, for sure.  I belong to two gun clubs.  Both are NRA affiliated, actively engaged in training, gun and hunters safety.  I belong to the Illinois State Rifle Association - I think a very active and effective organization that organizes shooters days in the state capital and approriate demonstrations throughout the state..  Along with about every conservation group you  can imagine, we have our "Friends of the NRA" fundraisers, etc. in the surrounding counties.  From the NRA, the ISRA, and various other sportmens' organizations we get alerts on issues, guides to contacting our legislators, and so on, and I think we are pretty well informed.  What I am saying is that there is a lot of NRA, or NRA presence out here where I live.  There also sadly seems to be a lot of apathy amongst gun owners and shooters.  They just don't seem to care, even in the face of facts. To me that is a shame.

The last thing I want to do is argue with you, and I respect your opinion - but truth be known I just can't recall seeing anything out here that GOA does on the ground at the local level.  I am sure I have gotten solicitations from them, but can't recall any real presence of theirs around here.

What am I missing with them?

Added:  Sorry, I didn't mention the 2nd amendment foundation - I don't really see anything on the ground locally from them either.  I would support them as well if I did and they accurately represent the issues.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »

Well this bill does suck but you are right, much bigger challanges are ahead. But it does not take a Rocket Scientist
to understand why this thread was started today, so let's play along please.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »

Matt

Not sure I know about that. What is the realid act you speak of. POWDERMAN.  ??? ???

Have a look at this topic the link is in first post
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,124308.0.html

Matt

[EDIT]
After doing a little research the deadline has been pushed from 3-2-09 to 12-1-09 and now to sometime in 2011 guess the fact it was going to cost each state 40 billion dollars kind of put a stop to it for the moment.
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein