Author Topic: THAT PILOT IS A HERO  (Read 411 times)

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
THAT PILOT IS A HERO
« on: January 16, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »
He said-
He was "doing his job"
How many of us have said: thats not my job, when asked to-
empty the garbage can
change the kids diaper
sweep up after the last shift
finish a part that the last guy didn't have time to finish:

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
Re: THAT PILOT IS A HERO
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 02:56:46 PM »
He walked the aisles twice to make sure everyone was out after the crash landing. Pretty sure the last MTC driver I saw would have had two heart attacks before he saw the last row!

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
Everyone on that plane was fortunate that this guy was the captain.  Not only cool in an emergency, he had incredibly good credentials and experience to handle the situation, he was indeed conscientious and heroic and did his job fantastically.  I sure am glad for everyone on the plane and for their families.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »
Thank you CM:We pay our sports heroes in this country millions of dollars to catch a freekin' football,or hit a fastball,when we have the real heroes putting out fires, catching crooks, and landing jets on the hudson hen REAL  LIVES are on the line!? what in the world is wrong with this country?

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:45:31 PM »
Thank you CM:We pay our sports heroes in this country millions of dollars to catch a freekin' football,or hit a fastball,when we have the real heroes putting out fires, catching crooks, and landing jets on the hudson hen REAL  LIVES are on the line!? what in the world is wrong with this country?

Well said. ;)

Spanky

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more.  It has turned me off on professional sports as I just don't enjoy watching a bunch of millionaires running around.  High school football?  Much more exciting to me.  We can't forget other real heroes - loving parents taking care of their handicapped children, loving children taking care of their elderly parents, people who work in food pantries, disaster relief, fighting forest fires, our military - well, we have lots of heroes.  They just don't get the fame and fortune but they are real heroes.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »
I agree this pilot did a great job and saved many lives but I still have to say GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 03:54:37 PM »
we have lots of heroes.  They just don't get the fame and fortune but they are real heroes.

That's the thing about REAL heroes...  They don't do it for the fame and fortune. ;)

Spanky