Author Topic: Coyote: Calling duration?  (Read 462 times)

Offline buckshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Coyote: Calling duration?
« on: January 18, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »
I have experimented with all sorts of different coyote calling techniques here in the hills of south eastern Ohio.  So fare, I have only been able to call in and shot at one coyote.  My question is this: How long should my calling sequences last?  For example, should it be" 1 minute on 5 minutes off" or " 2 minutes on 10 minutes off?" 

I would like to say that I believe I have called in coyotes on several occasions, but did not get a shot.  I am using full camo, playing the wind, and using sun light and natural barriers to my advantage.  So, if I could just figure out what durations to use, I think I will have much more success. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

buckshooter   
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan