Author Topic: How do people get jobs in the Firearms industry?  (Read 297 times)

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
How do people get jobs in the Firearms industry?
« on: January 19, 2009, 03:22:04 AM »
I've been reading a lot about the recent SHOT show and I was curious about how all these people got started in the firearms industry.  Do most of these people start out having gone to a gunsmith school, regular college, military, or work up from the shop floor?

I've always been curious about what it'd be like to work for either a firearms maker, ammunition maker, or some blend of the two.  I'd just be curious about how to get started in the industry.

Anyone here work in the firearms industry?  How's it going?

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: How do people get jobs in the Firearms industry?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »
Open a gun shop. Or set up at gun shows. Yes, you to can be self employed, and living the life of luxury. Be your own boss. Only thing you might have to worry about now is the new gov't coming in, might not like you very much. Either outlaw what you do, or, tax you to oblivion. Ah yes, after 22 years, still haggling with customers that think $1.25 for a bore brush is too much. It's what I live for. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman