Author Topic: The Plague Can Be Cool  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
The Plague Can Be Cool
« on: January 19, 2009, 11:07:43 AM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2146286.ece

ANTI-TERROR bosses last night hailed their latest ally in the war on terror — the BLACK DEATH.

At least 40 al-Qaeda fanatics died horribly after being struck down with the disease that devastated Europe in the Middle Ages.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: The Plague Can Be Cool
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:38 AM »
We can only hope it kills them all. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
It would be nice if when posting things like this you'd copy and paste the article as well for those of us less inclined to click links to unknown and untrusted sites and for those on dial up connections. Always be sure to give the link tho for credit. I pretty much never click links like this.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »
Gods hand??? I hope it gets them all. POWDERMAN.   ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »
Lets get this straight GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »
O God does have something to do with it. Now I suspect God may have sent the CIA to help him out with this, but it was Gods work none the less. BTW I have had my plague vacinations as all soldiers did have you?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
To many get killed in the name of GOD. Man needs to take responsibilty for his own actions and not pass the buck. No i have not had the vaccine
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 02:19:33 PM »
Lets get this straight GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

God has everything to do with everything.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »
Between the choice of God delivering a little justice and the CIA training attack fleas, I think that God is more likely to have done a little weeding. ;D

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
ANTI-TERROR bosses last night hailed their latest ally in the war on terror — the BLACK DEATH.

At least 40 al-Qaeda fanatics died horribly after being struck down with the disease that devastated Europe in the Middle Ages.

The killer bug, also known as the plague, swept through insurgents training at a forest camp in Algeria, North Africa. It came to light when security forces found a body by a roadside.

The victim was a terrorist in AQLIM (al-Qaeda in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb), the largest and most powerful al-Qaeda group outside the Middle East.

It trains Muslim fighters to kill British and US troops.

Now al-Qaeda chiefs fear the plague has been passed to other terror cells — or Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.

Advertisement

One security source said: “This is the deadliest weapon yet in the war against terror. Most of the terrorists do not have the basic medical supplies needed to treat the disease.

“It spreads quickly and kills within hours. This will be really worrying al-Qaeda.”

Black Death comes in various forms.

Bubonic Plague is spread by bites from infected rat fleas. Symptoms include boils in the groin, neck and armpits. In Pneumonic Plague, airborn bacteria spread like flu.

It can be in the body for more than a week — highly contagious but not revealing tell-tale symptoms
The al-Qaeda epidemic began in the cave hideouts of AQLIM in Tizi Ouzou province, 150km east of the capital Algiers. The group, led by wanted terror boss Abdelmalek Droudkal, was forced to turn its shelters in the Yakouren forest into mass graves and flee.

The extremists supporting madman Osama bin Laden went to Bejaia and Jijel provinces — hoping the plague did not go with them.

A source said: “The emirs (leaders) fear surviving terrorists will surrender to escape a horrible death.”

AQLIM boss Droudkal claims to command around 1,000 insurgents. Training camps are also based in Morocco, Tunisia and Nigeria.

AQLIM bombed the UN headquarters in Algiers in 2007, killing 41. Attacks across Algeria last year killed at least 70 people.

In an interview last July, Droudkal boasted his cell was in constant contact with other al-Qaeda “brothers”.

a.west@the-sun.co.uk

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »
wonder what they would give up for a cure?
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
I'd be FAR MORE CONCERNED they gave it to themselves with plans to spread it as a weapon of terror. Just sounds like maybe they didn't plan on it taking them out so soon. I'd look for news of it spreading by contact with these folks as a new terror campaign.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:06 PM »
Graybeard, as soon as I heard this story, I thought the same as you reflected...WHAT IF, they are experimenting with The Plague, with the thought of infecting "suicide carriers"? Put them on international flights, and with the closed (recycled) air systems planes have, everyone would be exposed...now factor in connecting flights and crowded airports, 10 volunteers on different flights, 200 people on each flight=2000 infected. If half ( 1000 ) take addtional, connecting flights, then 1000 infected X 200 per plane =200,000 exposed, plus those in airports, and in 24 hours, with the "suicide carriers" taking additional flights ( as many as possible, for max effect..after all, the same scum used airline schedules to arrange 9-11 ). it would be easy to see several million affected/infected. And those numbers are conservative. How about 50 "suicide carriers" on different, short flights, with maybe 5 connecting flights in a 24 hour "window", and maybe visits to crowded malls,= many millions.
Heck, IF the plan is in effect, how about flights RIGHT NOW to the Presidential Innaugeration, mingle amoung the crowd, with all the flights those folks represent, and maybe 20 million could be exposed!
Not that big a stretch of the immagination, really.
Or, down the road, exposed carriers going to Pro-sport games, on one weekend, think of the numbers!
Mark

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 02:30:38 AM »
Bubonic plague is spread by the bite of an infected flea commonly carried by rodents. I doubt it can be easily passed from one person to the next, but I could be mistaken. Kind of speaks about the living conditions the terrorists have for their soldiers.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 05:14:06 AM »
Bubonic plague is spread by the bite of an infected flea commonly carried by rodents. I doubt it can be easily passed from one person to the next, but I could be mistaken.

The plague is very contagious, especially in the pneumonic form.  A person can be healthy in the morning an die in the evening of the pneumonic form of the plague.  The plague takes three forms:  Pneumonic, bubonic and septicemiac. 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 05:16:00 AM »
As long as it takes the Islamic form, I'm ok with it.

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 05:20:21 AM »
Bubonic plague is spread by the bite of an infected flea commonly carried by rodents. I doubt it can be easily passed from one person to the next, but I could be mistaken.

The plague is very contagious, especially in the pneumonic form.  A person can be healthy in the morning an die in the evening of the pneumonic form of the plague.  The plague takes three forms:  Pneumonic, bubonic and septicemiac. 
Pneumonic Plague, airborn bacteria spread like flu.
Yep, can be passed easily.
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 06:06:00 AM »
I did get a Laugh out of That
As long as it takes the Islamic form, I'm ok with it.

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 06:29:46 AM »
Pneumonic plague is not very contagious because it is too contagious.  Most outbreaks are found out because someone who left a village comes back a few days later and finds everyone dead, including the animals.  If infected, the sufferer would not live long enough to get to and airport.  Bubonic plague could be spread if you got the pus from the bursting buboes on a wound and it could get into the bloodstream.  As an infectious agent, plague and most bacterial infections would make poor weapons.  Viruses, which can be freeze-dried and stored, work much better.  That is why there has been so much work with anthrax.

Most human infections are the result of outbreaks in the animal population.  Poor sanitation would make for excellent growth in rodent populations, and I doubt that Al-Quaida does much by way of picking up trash and empty food containers.  Plague is endemic in San Francisco, but we see few outbreaks because we have excellent public sanitation. 

I still like the idea of CIA trained attack fleas and Rambo rats.  Wouldn't it make a great Disney movie?  Maybe they could come up with a new character like Mickey Mortality.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 06:45:20 AM »
It sounds to me more of a Mossad activity.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 06:48:42 AM »
And we are called filthy infidels go figure !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline powderman

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
All the more reason not to take any prisoners.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 01:50:48 PM »
I'd be FAR MORE CONCERNED they gave it to themselves with plans to spread it as a weapon of terror. Just sounds like maybe they didn't plan on it taking them out so soon. I'd look for news of it spreading by contact with these folks as a new terror campaign.
This thought occured to me also last night what if it was an experiment to find out how many it would take to carry the disease somewere that there would be large crowds and a few infected people could cough on thousands of people thers a scary thought. Our country with all the cruise missles and rockets has a tendancy to forget that a mule is a perfectly good delivery system.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »
There is immunisation for plague.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
There is immunisation for plague.
  Yep and i'll bet that we have on hand enough to cover the washington crowd and their famlies and some of the military ,but i dont think i've had my shot got yours?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 03:44:24 PM »
Well I had had mine, don't know how long it was good for. Was giving back in my military days, made you slightly feverish.

Offline jgalar

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 03:33:28 AM »
The plague is alive and well in North America. Carriers are ground dwelling rodents and spread by fleas. When you ping that prairie dog leave it be. Its easily diagnosed and cured. Small Pox is more of a concern if that gets let loose again.

Offline magooch

a
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 02:37:22 AM »
So al Qaida has the "black plague", well if y'all haven't noticed, we've got ours too--it's in the White House.
Swingem