Author Topic: Online auction prices seem to be getting closer to where they used to be.  (Read 647 times)

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
I checked on a online auction today to see if people were still paying arms and legs for rifles.  For most of what I saw there are still people paying a little bit too much, but not the crazy prices they used to be.  Don't get me wrong there are still plenty of rifles with huge buy it now prices, but I didn't see too many bids on grossly overpriced rifles.  I hope this is a sign that prices are going to start going back to normal.

Is anyone else noticing this or am I way off about the buying frenzy starting to slow down.  What are you guys seeing?  I just want to buy some reloading supplies again without going broke in the process.

Offline radio2

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Prices are still way to high for me as most dealers are just now getting stock, only to fill back orders.  Maybe in a few more months prices will come down, I will wait and see!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
deals are there if you search. But by deals anymore i mean someone selling at suggested retail. Before id sometimes find an ar that was sitting on the shelf that didnt sell and you could dicker price. that doesnt happen anymore. They fly off the shelf as fast as the dealers around here can get them so they have no reason to discount them.  Im fortunate enough to have a couple dealers that are freinds and still will sell me guns at cost.
blue lives matter

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
Im fortunate enough to have a couple dealers that are freinds and still will sell me guns at cost.

You're a lucky man!  I need friends like that.

Offline hillbill

i go on gunbroker quite a bit and when yu check completed listings it seems bout 75% of guns listed dont sell. some are priced so high its like the dealers are trying to git rich off each gun.i realize they have a lot of overhead and god knows what it will cost to keep a current ffl in the future but ill continue to git my stuff from individuals.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
I think the panic buying has passed, for now.  It will come back as soon as they mention another assult weapons ban, but for now at least the ridiculously priced guns aren't selling.