Author Topic: Another evil gun  (Read 795 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Another evil gun
« on: January 21, 2009, 03:37:23 AM »
Just read on the Fox news page, were down in Florida, at a stage company, an actor got shot. Seems the vice president,director, or whatever he calls himself,(I think idiot would be appropriate!!) picked up a ''prop gun'', pointed it at one of the actors head's, and pulled the trigger. Luckily, his aim was off, and grazed his ear. They didn't say if it was just a blank, or loaded with real ammo. I know what we'll hear in the next day or 2. It was the prop mans fault, the guns fault, NRA's fault, the manufacturer's fault. I think they ought to try the moron on attempted murder charge's. I believe there have been at least 2 actors killed like this. The only consolation might be,if they didn't breed yet, maybe the gene pool might go up in IQ.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Another evil gun
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 03:44:49 AM »
I hadn't read about this yet, but it goes to show you that the guy knew nothing about firearms.  The first and golden rule of guns is to treat them all like they're loaded (with real bullets). 

Pointing a gun at anyone trying to be funny is grounds for a thorough @$$ kicking.  I bet this guys heart just about stopped when he realized what a bonehead move he just pulled. 

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 03:56:27 AM »
i few  years  ago  in Jacksonville Florida

a black  minister was preaching  the evils  of  guns to his congregation

he pulled a gun  LOADED WITH BLANKS

definitely blanks

put  it to his   head to show how evil  the gun was  and shot himself

the concussion from  the BLANK  killed  him  in front  of them all

this  is the man  they  turn  to for advice  so what does that tell  you about them

now  that is cleaning up the gene  pool

i  would wager the  IQ of  gunshot deaths  involve people of below average IQ
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
Saw it on the news. Real gun, live ammo. Bullet hit ear and scalp. What an idiot. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »
Brandon Lee, son of Bruce Lee, was killed  during the filming of  "The crow".(1994)

Because the movie's second unit team was running behind schedule, it was decided that dummy cartridges (cartridges that outwardly appear to be functional but contain no gunpowder or primer) would be made from real cartridges by pulling out the bullet, dumping out the gunpowder and reinserting the bullet.
 However, the team neglected to consider that the primer was still live and, if fired, could still produce enough force to push the bullet off the end of the cartridge.
 At some point prior to the fatal scene, the live primer on one of the constructed dummy rounds was discharged by persons unknown while in the pistol's chamber.
 It caused a squib load, in which the primer provided just enough force to push the bullet out of the cartridge and into the barrel of the revolver, where it became stuck.

The malfunction went unnoticed by the crew, and the same gun was used again later to shoot the death scene, having been re-loaded with low-power black powder blanks.
However, the squib load was still lodged in the barrel, and was propelled by the blank cartridge's explosion out of the barrel and into Lee's body.
 Although the bullet was traveling much slower than a normally fired bullet would be, the bullet's large size and the point-blank firing distance made it powerful enough to fatally wound Lee. :'(

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »
Boy you talk about dumb luck. I have heard of this actor dying in a movie but never heard the details till now. That just sucks big time. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 11:45:56 PM »
The incident in Florida, if I heard right, was a group of Seniors putting on a play ( forgot what it was, I have a vision of 80 year olds putting on "Billy the Kid" ). One of the flue-hairs brought a gun from home to use, "didn't know it was loaded", and gave someone a new part-line in their scalp!!
Speaking of Movies/TV shows, don't forget about 15 years ago there was a TV series with some "hunky" male lead ( Jon Eric-Hux...something ). During a break in filming, he put a .44 mag with blanks to his temple, pulled the trigger for fun, and the blast dislodged a check of skull, into his brain ( obviously something he did not use to fullest extent!), coma, brain dead, family pulled plug and donated organs.
It never ends!
Mark

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 06:07:01 AM »
I have to admit I did a very very very stupid thing as a kid. I must of been around 11 or 12 years old. I think about it today and wonder how I could of been so stupid. Well anyway me and my best friend were playing around with my Marlin 22 LR. I got some 22 blanks from somewhere. I don't remember where I got them from now but it was summer time and we did not have shirts on. I wanted to scare him so I loaded a blank and fired the rifle about 6 or 8 inches from his chest. He ended up getting powder burns from it. I still can't believe I was that stupid. I guess I did it because I was just young and stupid. :o :-[ Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 06:17:08 AM »
Was Plaxico Burris in that movie? You just can't grab a gun that is laying there next to someones wallet and assume it is a prop gun-LOL

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 06:26:55 AM »
If memory serves me right-wasn't brandon lee killed by a "blank gun"?

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 06:27:47 AM »
sorry zombie-didn't see your post!

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »
GatCat, that's the one I was thinking of. Wasn't it kind of a McGiver type show? What I can remember was his mother on some tv interviews, just blasting away,(pun intended), on how dangerous guns were. Wonder how she would have reacted if he walked out in front of a bus!
What should be done, because most of these numbnuts have never actually been around firearms, is the prop guys should sit down and give them a 1-2hr. training lesson in firearms.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »
Or make them go to gun safety-oh but movies would be boring then!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 11:27:52 AM »
I have to admit I did a very very very stupid thing as a kid. I must of been around 11 or 12 years old. I think about it today and wonder how I could of been so stupid. Well anyway me and my best friend were playing around with my Marlin 22 LR. I got some 22 blanks from somewhere. I don't remember where I got them from now but it was summer time and we did not have shirts on. I wanted to scare him so I loaded a blank and fired the rifle about 6 or 8 inches from his chest. He ended up getting powder burns from it. I still can't believe I was that stupid. I guess I did it because I was just young and stupid. :o :-[ Dale

dale.....you still  smoke
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.