Author Topic: Kahr CW 40 Versus Springfield XD Series sub compact  (Read 1947 times)

Offline southarkrob

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Avid Poster
Kahr CW 40 Versus Springfield XD Series sub compact
« on: January 26, 2009, 03:37:07 PM »
I recently purchased  a Kahr CW40 and like the size of it...but it is kinda rough on the hands shooting it...I looked at the Springfield XD subcompact series....I really like how they feel...I like that you can use the hi-cap or the shorty mag.... I haven't made my mind up on a 9mm or a 40 yet...i am thinking in the sub compact handguns a 9mm would be easier to shoot...due to less recoil...would I be nuts to trade my Kahr??? Just looking for some feedback...does anybody carry the XD subcompacts????thanks Robbie

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kahr CW 40 Versus Springfield XD Series sub compact
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
Don't trade.
Buy another.
I trade nothing and keep All, unless it is a real bummer.
If, for no other reason, it makes me think pretty hard about the purchase.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline southarkrob

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 04:12:56 PM »
Did what ya said WilliamLayton...bought the Subcompact XD 40 cal ....I think the XD is an awesome deal at $450 with 2 mags and a holster and mag pouch.. can't wait to shoot it.

Offline Leatherstocking

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
I just saw the thread and was gonna' give you my thoughts on the XD subcompact, but I see you already went for it. Good choice! I have an XD-9 subcompact and I love it. I think it is a great gun.

Have you shot that XD-40 yet?
NRA Life Member
New York State Conservation Council Member

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise" - Aldo Leopold (1949)

Offline rquack

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:09:13 PM »
I own a Kahr CW9 and a XDsc  9mm. Two totally different guns. The XD is larger capacity, better trigger, more accurate [at least for me, only shot the  Kahr 3 times]. But the Kahr excels as a concealed carry weapon; slim, light, exceptionally easy to conceal. I carried the XDsc for 2.5 years; it's a great gun, just a bit heavier, thicker. Two different guns, I'll never get rid of the XDsc, or the full size XD I also own; they're great guns. I still carry the XDsc on occasion. You'll like each for their own unique characteristics.

Offline southarkrob

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:13:28 AM »
I wound up trading the 40 for a XD9 SC...I watched a guy at the range shooting a SC40 and it looked like it had alot of recoil...I decided to go with the 9 due to lighter recoil and cheaper ammo...I haven't shot it yet either... I really like this gun...I think I am gonna like both of them ...the CW40 for concealed carry....just not gonna shoot it a whole lot...

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 04:10:41 PM »
I have the XD 9 Subcompact.   Love it and it is accurate.  Never had a feed problem or anything and it has had about 2500 rounds sent downrange.  Shoot both factory and reloads.   I give high marks for the XD's.   Not a lot of experience with the gun you mentioned.   

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 06:17:54 AM »
If you're planning on carrying the CW40, it would be the one I would shoot the most.  You need to make sure the bug are worked out, first.  I own two Kahrs and they need a break-in.  200 or so rounds should do.  You may find that you want to swap the guide rod for the stainless version after the spring chews the stock one up a good bit.  Second, proficiency with your carry weapon cannot be overemphasized.