Author Topic: Final score Steelers 27 Cardinals 23! SUPER BOWL XLIII! Live victory parade.  (Read 2700 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: Tomorrow is the big day. SUPER BOWL XLIII
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »
This is what Cheese is going to see on that new TV. :D ;) ;D Oh this makes post 4,000 for me. ;D Dale

Dale,

All I can say about that is, remember December 25, 1995: Packers 24, Steelers 19. Pigpen, err Thigpen drops the game winning pass from O'Donnell with 6 seconds left - Packers win the Central Division title. :D :D

Congrats on the post 4000.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
Dale, don't cry, The Steelers also went on to the playoffs that year.  Did I forget to mention that? ;D ;D
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
Dale, don't cry, The Steelers also went on to the playoffs that year.  Did I forget to mention that? ;D ;D
OK then. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 03:08:21 PM »
Hey if we win tomorrow you guys can count on a page of similes. Dale ;D ;D ;D

Offline Redtail1949

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 03:08:56 PM »
Without a doubt Green Bay has the most loyal fans in America.

Not much into football this year, but Pittsburg has the edge on this game. Yet the Cardinals could  pull off an upset, thats what makes it worth watching.

God how I miss the days of the Packers and not to forget the Cowboys way back when. That was some football.

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: Less than 18 hours till SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »
OK. I guess you guys can tell I have been counting down with this thread for days now. The Steeler nation is only hours away from claiming their 6TH Super Bowl victory. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Trust me you guys will be filled on this thread during the game. I know we can do it!!!!!!!!!!! I really believe this. ;D Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: Less than 18 hours till SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »
Here we go Steelers here we go. ;D ;D ;D ;D Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: 9 hours till SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 04:45:26 AM »
This ia very cool. 8) Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: 9 hours till SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 05:43:27 AM »
Wow!!!!!!! These kids are good. Dale[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DkTflRQzCZg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DkTflRQzCZg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Offline mrbigtexan

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Four days till the Super Bowl.
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 10:20:04 AM »
Yea you guys just wish. :o ;) ;D

One thing I've noticed about fans in some football cities is that when their team is having a bad year, or with some, even when their team is having a good year, their stadium doesn't seem to sell out all the available tickets. With the Packers it doesn't matter if they are on the way to the Super Bowl or down in the cellar of the league, Lambeau Field is sold out and the fans that couldn't get tickets are out on the street begging to the ticket scalpers. Even the Packer pre-season games usually sell out all tickets. Then there's the famous 30 year waiting list to get Packer Season Tickets. Imagine that: Your daughter (think you mentioned before that she is in her early teens) could sign up for Packer Season Tickets (not that she would want them ;) ) today and and she probably wouldn't get them until she was well into her 40s.

I'm betting the Steelers also have a loyal fan base better than most.

Edited for typos
c'mon, we all know that the Cowboys are Americas team ;) :-X

Offline Skunk

Re: 5 hours till SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »
c'mon, we all know that the Cowboys are Americas team ;) :-X

;) It sure can't be denied that the Boys have a huge fan base.

Mike

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: HERE IS THE KICK OFF OF SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »
We are now into the second quarter now. Steelers 10 Cardinals 0. :o ;D Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: HERE IS THE KICK OFF OF SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 02:02:21 PM »
OK. here is the half time report!!!!!!!! ;D Steelers 17 Cardinals 7. James Harrison ( Silverback ) is the man. In the remaining seconds of the first half he intercepted the ball and ran it back 100 yards for a TD with no time left on the clock. This is the longest play in Super Bowl history!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: Half time report!! SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 02:09:53 PM »
Guys I am so happy I am jumping up and down. Dale ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »
Well Dale I'm glad to see that something is going your way for a change!  :)  Go STEELERS!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2009, 02:42:51 PM »
Guys I am so happy I am jumping up and down. Dale ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

4  on the rictor scale
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Skunk

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 02:50:40 PM »
He's going to be getting his carpenter tools out and fixing the hole in the floor before the game is over.
Mike

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »
ANY MORE RUM LEFT?  ;D

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
ANY MORE RUM LEFT?  ;D
Yep but I am hitting it hard. ;D Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
The Steelers pulled it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dale ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »
Guys I just knew we could do it deep down in my heart. I have finally calmed down a little and knew Big Ben and our receivers would not let us down. I really can't express how happy I am. Dale];D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;];D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;];D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 05:19:03 PM »
I think this game may go down in history as one of the best!!!! Dale ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »
Looks like the the guys in Pittsburgh are also very happy. The thing is they have resorted to setting fires. Why do people have to set fire to something in the street. Dale

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2009, 05:47:53 PM »
Here are the Highlites of the game. Dale
[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1nXrBUjR24&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1nXrBUjR24&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: Final score Steelers 27 Cardinals 23!!! SUPER BOWL XLIII!!!!!
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
Here is a run down. Dale ;D ;D ;D

TAMPA, Fla. (Feb. 1) -- Their Steel Curtain shredded, Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh offense ended a Super Bowl of incredible swings with a final-minute touchdown for a historic victory.
Super Bowl XLIII StorylinesMark J. Terrill, AP12 photos   Ben Gets Stopped Short: Pittsburgh takes the opening kickoff and drives deep into Arizona territory. On a third-and-goal, Ben Roethlisberger appears to score a touchdown but, after a Cardinals challenge, the play is overturned. The Steelers wind up with a field goal and a 3-0 lead.(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)
Super Bowl XLIII
Ben Gets Stopped Short: Pittsburgh takes the opening kickoff and drives deep into Arizona territory. On a third-and-goal, Ben Roethlisberger appears to score a touchdown but, after a Cardinals challenge, the play is overturned. The Steelers wind up with a field goal and a 3-0 lead.
Gary Russell Finds the End Zone: Russell bumps the Pittsburgh lead to 10-0 early in the second quarter, plunging in from one yard out.
Cards Strike Back: Arizona quickly answers Russell's TD run, driving 83 yards in nine plays and capping that drive off with a Kurt Warner-to-Ben Patrick one-yard touchdown pass.
Harrison's Record-Breaking Interception: With Arizona setting up to take the lead before halftime. James Harrison swings the momentum back in Pittsburgh's favor. He intercepts a Kurt Warner pass and rumbles 100 yards for a touchdown on the longest play in Super Bowl history.
A Well-Deserved Rest: After outrunning the entire Arizona team, James Harrison sprawls out exhausted in the end zone, where he requires treatment from Pittsburgh's trainers before heading into the locker room with a 17-7 lead.
Padding the Lead: Steelers kicker Jeff Reed accounts for the only points of the third quarter with a short field goal that gave Pittsburgh a 20-7 lead.
Fitz's First Score Larry Fitzgerald finds no room to maneuver for three quarters, but Arizona's superstar gets on track early in the third. His leaping touchdown grab pulls Arizona within six with less than eight minutes left.
Arizona's Defense Makes a Play: The collective collar of Steeler Nation tightens even further with 2:58 to play, as a holding call on Pittsburgh results in a safety, making the score 20-16 and giving the Cards the ball back.
Larry Gets Loose Again: Arizona storms into a stunning lead late in the fourth quarter, with Larry Fitzgerald catching a pass over the middle and going 64 yards to pay dirt.
Santonio Saves the Day: Trailing for the first time all game, Pittsburgh drives the length of the field in the final moments. Ben Roethlisberger caps the heroic march with an incredible TD pass to Santonio Holmes, who keeps his feet inbounds, and locks up the MVP.
Santonio Holmes made a brilliant 6-yard catch deep in the right corner of the end zone with 35 seconds remaining Sunday night, lifting the Steelers to a record-setting sixth Super Bowl win, 27-23 over the Arizona Cardinals.
It was one of the most thrilling finishes to the NFL title game, certainly equaling last year's upset by the New York Giants that ended with Plaxico Burress' TD catch — with 35 seconds left, too.
But this one was even wilder.
The Steelers (15-4), winning their second Super Bowl in four seasons, led 20-7 in the fourth quarter, only to see Kurt Warner and the Cardinals stage a remarkable rally to go in front 23-20 with 2:37 remaining.
Warner hit All-Pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald in stride for a 64-yard touchdown with 2:37 left. Already owning a slew of postseason receiving marks this year, Fitzgerald sped down the middle of the field, watching himself outrun the Steelers on the huge video screen.
Fitzgerald could only watch from the sideline as Roethlisberger engineered a 78-yard drive to win it in what resembled Heinz Field South. With waves of twirling Terrible Towels turning Raymond James Stadium into a black-and-gold tableau — Steelers fans supporting their beloved team, the economy be damned — Pittsburgh's offense rescued the title.
Holmes was selected the game's MVP.
"Great players step up in big-time games to make plays," Holmes said. "I kind of lost a little composure, you know, but I knew our defense would give us a chance to make it back."
Super Bowl Halftime Show PhotosReuters123 photos   Bruce Springsteen performs during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLIII football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa, Florida, February 1, 2009. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme (UNITED STATES)(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)
Super Bowl Halftime Show
Bruce Springsteen performs during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLIII football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa, Florida, February 1, 2009. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn (UNITED STATES)
The E Street Band performs during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLIII football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa, Florida, February 1, 2009. REUTERS/Steve Nesius (UNITED STATES)
Fireworks explode as the E Street Band performs during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLIII football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa, Florida, February 1, 2009. REUTERS/Scott Audette (UNITED STATES)
Bruce Springsteen (L) acknowledges E Street Band members, including Steven Van Zant (2nd L), Max Weinberg (2nd R) and Patti Scialfa during their halftime show performance at the NFL's Super Bowl XLIII football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa, Florida, February 1, 2009. REUTERS/Hans Deryk (UNITED STATES)
Fireworks explode as Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band perform during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLIII football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa, Florida, February 1, 2009. REUTERS/Mike Carlson (UNITED STATES)
Bruce Springsteen is surrounded by fans as he performs during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLIII football game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa, Florida, February 1, 2009. REUTERS/Brian Snyder (UNITED STATES)
The stunning swings overshadowed James Harrison's record 100-yard interception return for a touchdown to end the first half. That looked like the signature play until the final quarter, when both teams shook off apparent knockout punches to throw haymakers of their own.
Big Ben and Holmes struck the last blow, and when Warner fumbled in the final seconds, the Cardinals' dream of winning their first NFL crown since 1947 were gone.
"I said it's now or never, I told the guys all the film study you put in doesn't matter unless you do it now," Roethlisberger said. "I'm really proud of the way they responded."
The Cardinals (12-8-1), playing in their first Super Bowl and first championship game of any kind since 1948, lost their composure after Harrison's heroics. They had three penalties to keep Pittsburgh's 79-yard drive going, a 16-play march that ended with Jeff Reed's 21-yard field goal for a 20-7 lead.
And they couldn't get Fitzgerald free until very late. But boy did he get free.
The All-Pro who already had set a postseason record for yards receiving and had five touchdowns in the playoffs was a nonentity until an 87-yard fourth-quarter drive he capped with a leaping 1-yard catch over Ike Taylor. He made four receptions on that series on which Warner hit all eight passes for all the yards.
And then he struck swiftly for the 64-yarder that put Arizona within minutes of a remarkable victory.
A victory that didn't happen because the Steelers are as resilient as they come.
Pittsburgh looked like the offensive juggernaut to open the game, smoothly driving 71 yards in eight plays. But the 72nd yard that would have given the Steelers a touchdown never came.
Super Bowl RingsNFL / WireImage.com42 photos   The NFL pays for up to 150 Super Bowl rings at $5,000 per ring. Above is the Super Bowl XLII version presented to the N.Y. Giants after a 17-14 win over New England at University of Phoenix Stadium. Eli Manning was MVP. Click through to see all 42 rings.(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)
Super Bowl Rings
The NFL pays for up to 150 Super Bowl rings at $5,000 per ring. Above is the Super Bowl XLII version presented to the N.Y. Giants after a 17-14 win over New England at University of Phoenix Stadium. Eli Manning was MVP. Click through to see all 42 rings.
Super Bowl XLI: Indianapolis 29, Chicago 17 at Dolphins Stadium in Miami. Peyton Manning was MVP.
Super Bowl XL: Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10 at Ford Field in Detroit. Hines Ward was MVP.
Super Bowl XXXIX: New England 24, Philadelphia 21 at ALLTEL Stadium in Jacksonville. Deion Branch was MVP.
Super Bowl XXXVIII: New England 32, Carolina 29 at Reliant Stadium in Houston. Tom Brady was MVP.
Super Bowl XXXVII: Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Dexter Jackson was MVP.
Super Bowl XXXVI: New England 20, St. Louis 17 at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans. Tom Brady was MVP.
Super Bowl XXXV: Baltimore 34, N.Y. Giants 7 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. Ray Lewis was MVP.
Super Bowl XXXIV: St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Kurt Warner was MVP.
Super Bowl XXXIII: Denver 34, Atlanta 19 at Pro Player Stadium in Miami. John Elway was MVP. It seemingly had when Roethlisberger's short run was ruled a TD. Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt challenged, and the score was overturned, leaving Tomlin his first difficult decision.
He took the points, Reed's 18-yard field goal, the shortest in a Super Bowl since 1976.
After forcing a punt, the Steelers kept the ball the remainder of the first quarter — 11:28 in all, outgaining Arizona 140-13, getting seven first downs to one for the Cardinals. As Warner and the usually potent Cardinals' offense watched, frustrated, from the sideline, Pittsburgh plowed it in on Gary Russell's 1-yard run to make it 10-0.
When Arizona finally got the ball back, it suddenly put the Steelers off-balance with short passes — and one huge play.
Warner had enough time to shine the NFL Man of the Year trophy he received just before kickoff, then hit Anquan Boldin streaking from left to right. He was upended at the Pittsburgh 1, and Warner's lob to Ben Patrick got Arizona on the board. It was the tight end's first touchdown this season.
Arizona's defense then emulated the Steel Curtain with a big play. Bryan Robinson tipped Roethlisberger's pass high into the air and Karlos Dansby corralled it at the Pittsburgh 34. The Cardinals got to the 1, then, perhaps jealous, the Steelers' D asserted itself — magnificently.
Harrison, the defensive player of the year, stepped in front of Boldin at the goal line, picked off Warner's throw and began a journey down the right sideline to the longest play in Super Bowl history.
Harrison ran past or through most of the Cardinals, nearly stepped out of bounds at one point, and was dragged down by Fitzgerald as he fell to the goal line. The play was reviewed as several Cardinals knelt on one knee, exhausted from the chase and disheartened by the result.
The previous longest play was Desmond Howard's 99-yard kickoff return for Green Bay in 1997.

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »
arizona's qb was better than pitt's, the defense was better, and they still lost. due to one lucky pass and lucky catch at the other end, and the fact that the Steelers had 11 men and 4 officials on their side all night. take away the bogus calls and it would have been a closer game. then i think the better qb and better defense would have made a difference.

honestly it was like watching the Yankees win the world series. every announcer was slobbering all over them and bragging them up all game, and it made me wanna puke to hear their guy talk about thanking Obama in the postgame interview.

not to start a fight...just a little of the "other side of the fence."

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »
The Steelers pulled it off, but don’t tell me your “pucker muscles” weren’t working full time during the last 2 minutes.

It was a much better game than most expected, one must show the Cardinals some respect for a great performance.  Both offense and defense performed well; too bad they had to lose.  It was a hard game to watch, I am a Steelers fan, but I also found myself pulling for Kurt.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2009, 07:00:54 PM »
It was a nail bitter to the end. We pulled it out and you did not. I would also be bitter if the Steelers lost this game so I can not blame you for being upset. Dale

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2009, 07:03:09 PM »
The refs also felt that the steelers should win the game- Dale- have a drink for the refs!

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »
The refs also felt that the steelers should win the game- Dale- have a drink for the refs!
That is pure BS!!!!!!!!!! >:( I have had enough rum for me and the refs at this point. We won fair and square. If the Steelers had lost I would be upset but I would never blame it on the refs or anyone else. For you guys that feel that way you are sore losers. I happen to be a happy winner and nothing you say can take that away from me or the Steeler nation. ;D Dale