Author Topic: Sellier and Bellot Ammo  (Read 984 times)

Offline 35Waylon

• Trade Count: (0)
Sellier and Bellot Ammo
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »
Anybody use this ammo?  I was thinking of buying some for my 357sig.  Just wondering if it was any good.

Offline Lee N. Fielder

Re: Sellier and Bellot Ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:09:40 AM »
I've shot quite a bit of it.  It's very good ammo and the brass cases are reloadable.  It's way better than the cheaper Russian steel-cased stuff.  S&B has been in business since 1825 so it's not like they're new kids on the block.

-Lee

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:16:40 AM »
I will second Lee N. Fielder on this.  I use S&B in 45, 9mm, 380, 32 and 25acp for pistol and have used their 38 Spl.  In rifle I use their 8x57, 303 Brit and 6.5 Swede.  All ammo is brass cased and reloadable.  Their ammo is made to original European specs and is not the watered down stuff American ammo makers try and pawn off on you.  I fyou shoot a European caliber or hunt with a older mil-surp, S&B ammo is the best bet.  Clean, not corrosive, reloadable, inexpensive and made to original specs.  Ya can't do better than that. 

Regarding the 357 Sig - most likely made to original specs.  They should have a chart available on their website that shows the ballistics of each offering.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 03:49:31 AM »
I have shot tons of S&B, I really like their 6.5x55, it performs very well on Texas sized whitetails and hogs.

I don't think you will find any problems with the .357 amm, I have shot a lot of 9mm , .40 and .45 produced by them.  It all works well and is as accurate as my old eyes.  I have been looking for a good buy on .357 Sig myself, but haven't found it at a reasonable (?) price.  I have a bunch of cases, guess I will buy a set of dies and start making my own.

Offline 35Waylon

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
Just ordered 300 rounds of S&B for 140 bucks delivered. Not a bad deal I thought.  I am anxious to see how it shoots.

Offline Ireload2

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »
I reload quite a bit and I shoot S&B to get the brass at a reasonable cost.
I have shot quite a bit of 8X57 without a problem. My brother has shot nearly 1000 rounds of 40 S&W
without any problems.

Offline fastbike

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »
One minor caution about S&B. At least for my .223, I quit reloading S&B brass. For whatever reason, I have a great deal of difficulty decapping this brass. Seems to me that the crimp is much stronger than any Lake City or similar military brass, so I just don't shoot S&B in .223 any more. No problems with the actual shooting or with other calibers.

Offline 35Waylon

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 02:57:14 PM »
Went to the range this weekend to try out some of that S&B.  Very impressed!  Recoil was a little stiff out of my Glock 32 but I am very happy.  I will be buying some more S&B.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 05:43:23 AM »
I've shot some and I have no problem with it.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline George63

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »
cleaner than a lot of lower price handgun ammo

Offline the jigger

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 10:47:37 AM »
I have not shot their ammo but I really like their pistol brass. I load 9mm,38Spl,
357Mag,40S&W,& 45ACP. The primer pockets are a bit snug but has never caused a problem.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!