Author Topic: Octuplets  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Oldtimer

• Trade Count: (0)
Octuplets
« on: January 30, 2009, 04:07:28 PM »
A woman in California recently gave to eight living babies.   She already had six and is a single mother.  Doctors implanted eight embryos, which is six more than usually are implanted at one time.  Neighbors commented that they had not seen her around the neighborhood recently, and she used to pull some of the other children around in a wagon.  She lives at home with her parents. 

One medical ethicist has already branded the implantation of so many embryos as being very close to medical malpractice.   I think that this is one of those things that, while they can be done, should not be done.  I would like to see the doctors have to pay support for the children until they are 18.  I hope the parents are multimillionaires, so they can fully support this litter. 

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Octuplets
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »
Well no wonder California is broke! Pretty sick if you ask me, what the heck is wrong with her and with the doctors.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »
Up until now I thought it was fertility meds. What happened here was wrong. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Buckhammer74

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 05:27:10 PM »
Single mother with 14 children...Irresponsible does not even come close to describing it. I feel sorry for those kids.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 02:57:14 AM »
Most of my Beagles didn't have that many pups.

She had a big litter......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Carl l.

• Avid Poster
  • Hunting,Fishing,Camping and Woodworking
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 03:56:13 AM »
Just my personal opinion only. Someone will donate her a new house, a Big van or bus and plenty of baby food and stuff. Some will give her money. She might have been paid for the implants. How much welfare will she get paid for 14 kids? She has done better than playing the stock market. I will have to wait and see. Carl L.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 04:50:55 AM »
Someone needs to donate her some Xanac or Valium or we will likely see 14 serious injuries or deaths when she finally snaps.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 04:52:39 AM »
it is none of our business

until  some democrats holds the tax payers responsible
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 04:57:53 AM »
 A very irresponsible way to get on national news. I do agree that she will probably get all kinds of sponsorship. To bad they didn't "fix" her while she was in Delivery.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 05:01:48 AM »
Wrong.
Why is it we require everyone to have a license to drive a car but any old dumbass can have a kid.  Much less 8 at one time.  It may not happen in our lifetime but one day there will be a time that people are going to have to be required to show proof that they are able to care and raise a child correctly BEFORE having a child.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 05:11:33 AM »
Wrong.
Why is it we require everyone to have a license to drive a car but any old dumbass can have a kid.  Much less 8 at one time.  It may not happen in our lifetime but one day there will be a time that people are going to have to be required to show proof that they are able to care and raise a child correctly BEFORE having a child.

Hey I agree with you 100%, but as we can see by the results of the last election, personal responsibility is considered a bad thing by todays standards. The liberal scum wants nothing more than to have a whole pile of people that take no personal responsibility and want a nanny state to run their lives. I for one want to have nothing to do with the liberal scum anymore, we have been compromising with them for too long, any compromise with them is wrong. We can see by the sad state of our country what compromise with this wrong evil culture of liberalism has brought.  They have no redeeming values or qualities what so ever.

I am for splitting up the country , I want nothing to do with the liberal scum and have no desire to listen to their lies and deceit. They do not deserve to be heard in decent company and are not deserving of the freedom we have in America.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 05:12:32 AM »
that  makes more sense  than  other oppresive laws

i  say if  they have  more than they can  raise  let a few  die

if  she  wasn't  supporting  the others she should have been  neutered
or  the hand outs  stopped  and  some allowed  to die
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 08:20:09 AM »
  To bad they didn't "fix" her while she was in Delivery.

They should have fixed her after the first six she had. The doctor that did the implants should have to pay for this mess until they kids are grown,educated and working for a living.

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 08:48:52 AM »
I just read that this woman is 33 years old. She has 14 children and the oldest is 7. She has a college degree and is currently working on her Masters.
This is absolutely insane.

bjm
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »
Someone's letting their repressed liberal scum tendancies show by trying to vilify the reproductive rights and freedoms we enjoy in our great nation.

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 10:17:40 AM »
More good news: the family will live in a three bedroom house with the mother's parents.  The grandmother filed for bankruptcy in the past year.  The oldest of the mother ::)'s children is seven years old.  I was at a Habitat for Humanity homeowner application meeting today and talked to a woman who was born in Scotland and was one of thirteen.  The older kids helped the younger ones.  In this case there is not enough age spread for that to happen.  Hope that the kids get out of the hospital soon, I understand that the cost for neonatal ICU is about $100,000 per day per child.

What all this adds up to is that this little experiment (I can't come up with any other word that GB and Matt would let me put up) is going to be paid for out of all our pockets.  And this happened in California, where there is already a serious budget crunch, and the courts just ruled that the state is going to have to shell out another $8 billion for hospitals for prisoners.  Happy, happy, joy, joy. ::)

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »
california welfare cheat. could'nt happen to a better state they are yelling they are broke while wasting money importing and trying joseph duncan who already is under a death sentence from a feed trial what are they going to execute him twice or just waste a million dollars on a public dog and pony show.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Buckhammer74

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 06:25:56 PM »
Someone's letting their repressed liberal scum tendancies show by trying to vilify the reproductive rights and freedoms we enjoy in our great nation.

DAMN!

How the hell can you justify this? You must be catholic. What this woman has done is just plain WRONG! I am not religious, but in my book this is a sin. Her parents are bankrupt, there is no father in the picture, and she is working on a masters degree? How in the hell can she be going to school? How in the world can she support these kids?

I have two children of my own. My wife has been pestering me for 2yrs to have another.  I love my wife, my son, and my daughter with all my heart. That is why I told her NO! I can only support what I have. In these times its getting even harder to do that.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 03:37:43 AM »
BUCK  you better give  her what she wants  or  she  may go visit  THAT  doctor

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 08:32:01 AM »
I don't care how many degree's that woman has. She off in the head.Oldtimer is right, since the doctors did this, they should be financially responsible for these children. Her parents lost their home, after they set her up with one. And now she wants $2million from media endorsments. If this was a fertility drug mishap, I could understand it. Not what they did. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »
I don't care how many degree's that woman has. She off in the head.Oldtimer is right, since the doctors did this, they should be financially responsible for these children. Her parents lost their home, after they set her up with one. And now she wants $2million from media endorsments. If this was a fertility drug mishap, I could understand it. Not what they did. gypsyman

the doctor  was just hired help

when   she filed bankruptsy 
or filed for a divorce
with 6 kids
she should have been  ordered to be steralized before the court would hear herr case
same  for anyone  prior  to getting welfare  should be nuetered

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 01:08:04 PM »
There are many in this country (Catholics) that will have a cow if this women isn't allowed to have all the children she wants.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
freedom  isn't  free
she  can  have all  she wants
and  if she can't survive with them  let   her and them die

or who ever wants to help  let them help  her
but don't  FORCE me to help her

Offline Questor

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 03:55:53 AM »
Personally, if I were to have 14 kids, I'd rather go about it the old fashioned way and get a little fun out of the process.
Safety first

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 05:36:50 AM »
if  we got a kid  for every time  we had'' fun''

i   would be ruling  over  a large city now ;D ;D

Offline Questor

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 07:38:05 AM »
Do you happen to know why a single mother with six kids would go on fertility drugs to have more kids? I have not seen anything related to the reasoning behind such a person having more kids.
Safety first

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 08:49:52 AM »
Only in America!
Looks like those babies are already paying their way!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28984255/?GT1=43001

Octuplets mom gets TV, book offers to tell story
The mother of the longest-living octuplets in the U.S. is in high demand

updated 4:57 p.m. MT, Mon., Feb. 2, 2009
LOS ANGELES - The mother of the longest-living octuplets in the U.S. is being deluged with offers for book deals, TV shows and other business proposals, but has not decided what she might do other than care for her children, her newly hired spokeswoman said Monday.

Hundreds of requests have been made since Nadya Suleman gave birth to six boys and two girls a week ago, said Joann Killeen, president of Killeen Furtney Group, a public relations company.

"She's the most sought after mom in the world right now," Killeen said. "Everyone wants to talk to her."

But Suleman, who remained hospitalized with her children Monday at Kaiser Permanente's Bellflower Medical Center, hasn't decided what she'll do next, Killeen said.

Some of the deals and requests for interviews involve offers to pay, said Killeen and her partner, Mike Furtney. They didn't reveal the amounts being offered, but Killeen noted that raising eight babies will be expensive, adding that Suleman plans to carefully review her financial opportunities.

"Right now her top priority is to be the best mom she can be to all her children," she said. "She's hired us to manage all of those opportunities."

The spokeswoman discounted some published reports that Suleman had already decided to host a television show on parenting. But she added that Suleman does want to eventually tell her story to the world.

"As soon as she's able, she will tell her story, and it's an amazing story," she said.

Suleman, a 33-year-old single mother, already had six children, ages 2 to 7 when she gave birth to her octuplets on Jan. 26. Slideshow

Her babies continue to grow stronger, the hospital said in a statement Monday. It wasn't immediately known when the octuplets or their mother would be released from the hospital. At the time of the births, doctors said the babies would stay about two months.

"This has been a very good week for the babies. It is always satisfying to be able to see a baby that was born premature continue to get stronger every day," said Dr. Mandhir Gupta, a neonatologist at the hospital.

The country's first set of octuplets was born to Nkem Chukwu of Texas on Dec. 20, 1998. A week later, the tiniest of the infants died of heart and lung failure. The surviving seven siblings celebrated their 10th birthday in December.

Suleman retained the Killeen Furtney Group to represent her last Friday. Furtney said the company, which normally handles corporate clients and crisis public relations, was referred to her by the hospital. Its clients include the Union Pacific Railroad and the California State Parks Department.

Suleman's mother told The Associated Press last week that her daughter has always loved children and had wanted to be a mother since her teens.

Suleman had all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, according to her mother, Angela Suleman, who is caring for the other six while her daughter is hospitalized.

Offline damascus-doug

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 10:49:57 AM »
freedom  isn't  free
she  can  have all  she wants
and  if she can't survive with them  let   her and them die

or who ever wants to help  let them help  her
but don't  FORCE me to help her

This statement really bothers me.  I do not agree with what she has done and feel that all she has done is created another burden on tax payers.  But to make the statement "if she can't survive with them  let   her and them die" tells me that the children are being judged for the stupidity of the mother.  How can we let them die?  Don't we kill enough babies everyday with abortion.  There are many families that are willing to adopt children so why in the world would letting them die even be mentioned.  As for the statement "i say if  they have  more than they can  raise  let a few  die", what happens if someone loses their job and has to get help in order to make end meet.  Do we just let the children die in the mean time.  I have 2 boys that I have/do/will give everything I can to them.  My oldest is autistic and I promise that right now I fell he has more sense about him than some do.  Instead of taking the punishment out on the most innocent why not look at the cause and try to look at ways to make sure this is not a common occurrence.  And yes I do not like the fact that we will be helping support her lifestyle more than her children which is a common theme with these type of cases.  Just my 2 cents.

Online gypsyman

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
Somebody had to implant those eggs. State ought to sue them for malpractice. Before another looney toon like this women does this again, state's should pass a law for the mother,(and father if she's married) to prove financial responsiblity. We can't stop some ignorant people from breeding, but this sure could have been avoided. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »
i am cracking up here.  some of the posters here are notorious for hating abortion, and then go all up in arms cause a woman actually wants her children.   ???

you know what?  maybe, just maybe she had a plan from the get go.  and it is looking like she is about to get PAID.  i dont approve of it, but that is my opinion and it aint worth much.  fact is IT IS HER RIGHT, and she exercised it.   we all get bent out of shape when someone wants to take our gun rights.  so it is alright for us to take someone else's rights because we dont like them?   sounds alot like......hmmmmm