Author Topic: Do I REALLY need to get parralax reset on this scope ?  (Read 459 times)

Offline bcraig

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
Do I REALLY need to get parralax reset on this scope ?
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »
Hi, I just picked up a used Leupold 3x9c x50 at a good price and plan on putting it on a Ruger 10-22 for squirrel hunting. I have heard that big game scopes need to have there parralax reset for the types of ranges that using a 22 on squirrels will present(15-75 yards) Yes ,NO? I think technically that it might be better to do that but in reality is it a big deal? What type of point of impact change would result from using the scope just like it is ?Idont know if the parralax is set at 100 yards or 150 yards at the factory.Thanks ,Craig

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Do I REALLY need to get parralax reset on this scope ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 01:59:28 PM »
That scope will have its paralax set @ 150.

I prefer either 50-75 yardage setting OR adjustable paralax on my rimfires.

I say try it and see what you get. Worst case you send it back to Leupold and have it changed, no big deal and not expensive. I have done it a couple times. They actually have a M8 scope of mine now getting a reticule change...

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 02:34:35 PM »
no you are suffering from the "new toy syndrome" how did we ever live without a paralax adjustment? Things were great then someone came up with a new toy and now anything that doesn't have wont work anymore and never did.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »
center  your  eye right behind and it should not matter
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.