Author Topic: Anyone going to Denny's on Tues. Feb 3, 2009?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Anyone going to Denny's on Tues. Feb 3, 2009?
« on: February 02, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »
Is anybody going to Denny's Tuesday between 6AM and 2PM??? 

They advertised on TV during the Superbowl (twice) that they were giving away a free Grand Slam breakfast to everyone in America at that time.

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Anyone going to Denny's on Tues. Feb 3, 2009?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »
Bet they would have a heart attack if they looked in the parking lot and scene about 200 car loads of people coming in. :o :o

Offline dukkillr

• Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:18:24 PM »
My time is worth more to me than the value of a free breakfast. 

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »
Yea. I just talked to my wife about it. I think we might just go. We would also take my mother she has not been out in a while. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline flintlock

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »
I'd take them up on it, never eaten at a Denny's and I don't even know where one is...

Guess I'll eat at Biscuitville with my buddies again in the morning...

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 02:52:38 PM »
I am,
My time is worth more to me than a free breakfast too, but a meal that I don't have to wonder how to pay for it is priceless... You are lucky duckkilr, you can still be smug about your job, wait till you get laid off!

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 03:29:52 PM »
I am,
My time is worth more to me than a free breakfast too, but a meal that I don't have to wonder how to pay for it is priceless... You are lucky duckkilr, you can still be smug about your job, wait till you get laid off!
Not much chance of that. If I recall right he is a defense lawyer. As long as there are criminals he will have a job. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »
I am,
Not much chance of that. If I recall right he is a defense lawyer. As long as there are criminals he will have a job. Dale

For what they charge... most lawyers should be considered criminals.
The legal sytem is just as corrupt as the political system.

Spanky

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 04:12:09 PM »
LOL-Dale
I forgot about that-His clients are gonna be there anyway.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 06:00:01 PM »
I am,

Spanky
I work for myself defending the rights granted by the constitution.  If you have a problem with that you should take it up with the founding fathers.  I'm always amazed at the people who pick and choose the rights they think people deserve.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »
The founding fathers are rolling in their graves at the way the Constitution is being trampled upon by people supposedly defending the rights granted by it. ;)

Spanky

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »
99% of the lawyers make the other 1% look bad. :D :D

The grand slam is a good break fast, I'm not sure I'll be getting any where near a Dennys today or I'd take them up on it. As far as having time or your time being more valuable than that, if your life is that hectic I truly feel sorry for you. It runs from 6 AM to 2 PM if you don't have time  for lunch you surly have a terrable life.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 02:54:25 AM »
The closest Denny's to me is over 20 miles away, so by the time I use up the extra gas, it ain't free. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 03:03:33 AM »
The closest Denny's to me is over 20 miles away, so by the time I use up the extra gas, it ain't free. gypsyman

About 125 miles for me. I ate at a Denny's about 15 years ago while staying over night in Milwaukee. Once was enough.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 03:27:17 AM »
the stuff i see on here never ceases to amaze me.  now we slam on a guy for having educated himself and getting a secure job as a result.  i guess he is as big a s.o.b. as me because i am a union member. 

some of you people really need to take a walk.   ::)

Offline Questor

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 07:39:27 AM »
I went to a Dennys a few months ago. Greasy, excessive quantities, salty. Disgusting.
Safety first

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »
I work for myself defending the rights granted by the constitution.  If you have a problem with that you should take it up with the founding fathers.  I'm always amazed at the people who pick and choose the rights they think people deserve.

You and me both... uterly stupid...

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »
the stuff i see on here never ceases to amaze me.  now we slam on a guy for having educated himself and getting a secure job as a result.  i guess he is as big a s.o.b. as me because i am a union member. 

some of you people really need to take a walk.   ::)

I'm not slamming him at all.
I said "most" not "all"... dukkillr could be the best attorney who ever lived for all I know.
If he took my statement personally... I'm sorry for that.
As far as the Constitution being defended... the election just proved that ain't happenin' ;)

There's nothing wrong with being a union member.

As far as whether or not you are an "s.o.b."... That's on you. ;)

Spanky

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »
This used to be a thread about free food and breakfast on Denny's...but an hour an a half ago it ended. 

I didn't get there myself.  My "steel horse" is in the "metal barn" getting fixed.  I'm still hungry though. 

Hope it went well for Denny's and it's emplyees.  Pretty aggressive "buying breakfast for America".  Wonder what it cost the corporation?

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »
Yesterday was my father-in-laws 87th birthday.  He has seen a lot in life, including four years in the Army Air Corp in Africa, Europe, and flying over the hump.  Having survived that I did not want to take him to Denny’s for a free breakfast this morning.  I had to go into town anyway and I invited him to brunch.  I like the Grand Slam but it is not worth being in a crowd.  I drove by Denny’s and the crowd was out the door into the parking lot.  Good for Denny’s.

We had a good breakfast of sirloin, eggs, potatoes, toast, and coffee for a total of $17.00 at a locally owned restaurant.  I had not had my morning coffee yet, and they kept my cup full.  I have noticed lately Denny’s has been stingy with the refills. I am luck to get one refill during a meal.

When I am traveling around the country I can guess what I will be getting at a Denny’s.  I remember a stop at a greasy spoon off the freeway when returning from a Colorado hunting trip.  We had been fighting snow for hours and the lights of the local roadside café were beckoning.  We set at the counter because we wanted fast service and back on the road.  After ordering I started looking around and was amazed how unkempt the place was.  On top of a stainless steel refrigeration unit there was thick grease and lent.  The wall had dried, splattered pancake mix on it.  I eat my pancakes and eggs, and did not get sick.  Most likely my immune system was better for it.

I have been in some old and tired Denny’s but never one as dirty as that locally owned one along I-15.

Over breakfast the father-in-law said he has fifty pounds of plumbers lead in his garage.  I ask him if it was any good for casting bullets.  He did not know.

I passed back by the Denny’s just afternoon, and the crowd was gone, but the parking lot was full.

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline leesecw

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 01:31:27 PM »
Maybe the crowd was in the bathroom?
If Guns cause crime, then mine are defective...Ted Nugent

Offline Siskiyou

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 07:44:43 AM »
I am,

Spanky

Since he is defending RIGHTS he does it for less than just regular lawyers
or maybe free.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.