Author Topic: Just came across this I AM SO MAD I COULD SPIT!!!  (Read 1590 times)

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Just came across this I AM SO MAD I COULD SPIT!!!
« on: February 03, 2009, 03:07:39 AM »
Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients

Obama Snubs Nation's Heroes, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8627
Submitted by Julie on January 21, 2009 - 10:13 pm.
2008 News Politics U.S. Government U.S. Politics World Politics

Barack Obama may have stumbled over his words briefly during his inauguration, but he made an even bigger blunder later Tuesday evening.
The newly sworn-in President opted not to appear at what should have been one of the most important Balls on his agenda that evening - "The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball."

The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball was begun in 1953 for President Dwight Eisenhower's inauguration. The event recognized recipients of the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military award. There were 48
Medal of Honor recipients in attendance, who were undoubtedly disappointed by the new Commander-in-Chief's failure to show. Over the past 56 years and 14 inaugurations, no President has skipped this event
- until now.

The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball is sponsored by the American Legion, and co-sponsored by 13 other veteran's service organizations, including those such as the Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Military Order of the Purple Heart.

Instead of attending this ball honoring our nation's heroes, Obama was busy making stops at 10 other official balls. Obama and his wife's first stop was at the Neighborhood Ball. From there they went to the Home State Ball for Illinois and Hawaii , the Commander-in-Chief Ball,
the Youth Inaugural Ball, and the Home State Ball for Delaware and Pennsylvania . They finished off the night with brief appearances at the Mid-Atlantic, Western, Midwest , Eastern, and Southern regional Balls.

Celebrities were a plenty at the balls, with Stevie Wonder, Shakira, Mary. J. Blige, Faith Hill, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, will.i.am, Sting, Mariah Carey, and Leonardo DiCaprio in attendance at the Neighborhood Ball. In addition, the other nine balls also featured a
star-studded lineup including Kanye West and Kid Rock at the Youth Ball, Marc Anthony at the Western Ball, and Cheryl Crow at the Western Ball.

It was the party without all of the celebrities that Obama skipped. The very people who he sought to have support him during his candidacy and campaign, who have fought to protect this country, were snubbed in favor of publicity and the opportunity to rub shoulders - yet again -
with the out-of-touch Hollywood elite!

SHAME ON YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA. THESE BRAVE MEN CAME TO RESPECT YOU, YET YOUR BLATANT FAILURE TO RECOGNIZE THEM SENDS THEM AND ALL WHO HAVE FOUGHT TO DEFEND THIS NATION, THE WRONG MESSAGE.? MAKE NO EXCUSES MR. PRESIDENT - WE NOW KNOW WHERE VETERANS STAND UNDER YOUR WATCH!

This message needs to be sent around the world 100 times and personally to President Obama on a regular basis.

Will you assist in getting that done? Don't add or detract anything to or from this, and also be RESPECTFUL, no matter how you feel about it!

Christianity is not really a religion; it is a relationship with God.

Boys I don't know about you but I will not stand for this kind of treatment towards our military!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Re: Just came across this I AM SO MAD I COULD SPIT!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 03:28:05 AM »
One more nail, he keeps adding them regularly. >:(
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 03:28:58 AM »
Sounds to me like he just spit on our most honered. >:( Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 03:46:40 AM »
That sounds about par for the course for that gutter rat b.o.

Robert

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 03:55:54 AM »
Not inflicting himself on the veterans was probably the best thing the Obamanation has done.
Swingem

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 03:58:38 AM »
Longtom with all due respect to you, I think you WILL stand for it, as there is nothing you can do about it. America has spoken, and Obama, like it or not is your president for at least the next four years.
In four years everyone can once again vote for the lessor of two evils. Now that is something to indeed look forward to.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 04:28:43 AM »
No sir I WON"T STAND FOR THIS!
I intend to have it sent to my reps in congress, to the talk shows both TV and radio.
Will it do any good, I do not know.
It will not change what he did but it will let the public know what they have as a leader!

I am not a sheep, and I will not follow blindly into the night.
I may end up there but it will be with both eyes open.

I voted McCain and am proud of it.
Was he the best man for the job, maybe not, but of the two offered he was the better man with the good of the country in his heart.
The boy is not worried about the people.
All he wants is bigger government.

He talks about transparency in government when he is the one who is so transparent, and why the people of this great country couldn't see right through him is a mystery to me.
He is riding high for now but it won't be that long before the people come to know him for what he really is.

"In four years everyone can once again vote for the lessor of two evils. Now that is something to indeed look forward to."

Now that indeed is something to look forward to!

"America has spoken, and Obama, like it or not is your president for at least the next four years."

Yes sir that is true, as I am an AMERICAN, but I don't have to claim him!
I just can't honer a man who will not salute our nations flag and snubs the very people who will and are protecting us and him from the evils that would destroy us!

I guess it is time to get off my box, but I WILL BE WATCHING HIM with both eyes open!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 04:36:52 AM »
I wish I thought that America, as a whole, cared about this.
I don't.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 04:49:55 AM »
I don't.

alan

Alan:
You don't.

Is that you don't care or you don't thinks AMERICA cares?
The latter I hope.

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 05:32:42 AM »
Not inflicting himself on the veterans was probably the best thing the Obamanation has done.

i  think  his presence would be a bigger  insult
but  in  the BOYS case  i will not give credit where cradit is due

one more  nail  like said before

but  we  needed  change
but  the cry  for change  needs  to get louder  in  2010  AND 2012

i  don't  care  why  you hate him ....... just  that you hate  him
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 05:33:37 AM »
In the rulers eyes soldiers are evil. Just like jane fonda. These are a sickning bunch. If it were not for soldiers sacrifice the demons would have destroyed us.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 06:41:33 AM »
Longtom, I understand your frustration but, had McCain won, you would have only gotten VISUAL GRATIFICATION. Out of the public's eye he is the same as the rest.
Last week MCCAIN IS THE ONE, whom stepped up and said: We all know that Hillary is EMMANENTLY QUALIFIED to be Secretary of State. Let's vote her in so she can go to work. Give me a break here!
You say you have you eyes open yet you voted for this guy PROUDLY, and complain about that other guy? One cannot have ones cake and eat it too.
You are either a CONSERVATIVE are a moderate liberal. I voted independent because #1 I knew Texas would go McCain anyway, and #2, I am TRULY AWAKE, and will not vote for the lessor of two evils EVER AGAIN. EVVVVER!
We as a nation ended up with what we as a nation DESERVED. We accepted mediocrity, and that is what we got.
The cycle is intact as far as the presidency is concerned anyway. Roosevelt held the office for a third term, and Reagan for two terms followed by Bush Sr. for one term. That is the only two times in HISTORY that one party has controlled the White House for more than 8 years.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 06:54:41 AM »
Thanks for the post LongTom, but I'm already outraged to the point that nothing he does surprises me.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Online gypsyman

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 06:55:45 AM »
Did you really expect any different from this guy?? The only people that he'll pay homage to, are the one's who put him in office. ACORN, big business,(which I always heard was a Republican thing, but alittle research/common sense, says, it's a gov't thing!!), Unions, anybody that greased the wheel. Money wise! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 06:57:19 AM »

Bingo!!!
Was at the DAV convention when Clinton spoke.  Totally excruciating.   

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 07:01:27 AM »
You are either a CONSERVATIVE are a moderate liberal. I voted independent because #1 I knew Texas would go McCain anyway, and #2, I am TRULY AWAKE, and will not vote for the lessor of two evils EVER AGAIN. EVVVVER!
We as a nation ended up with what we as a nation DESERVED. We accepted mediocrity, and that is what we got.

I agree with you, Dee.  
Here is the difficulty.
To date, I don't think the Republican party has made a decision to look at the results of the past 3 elections.  I tend to think they KNOW why they lost, they just don't care.  They have permanently abandoned traditional America and conservative ideals.  
To date, there is not a viable alternative.  I hope that changes, but it does not look good.
" we are screwed "

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 07:07:01 AM »
I don't.

alan

Alan:
You don't.

Is that you don't care or you don't thinks AMERICA cares?
The latter I hope.

LONGTOM

Poorly worded response.
I, and I think most people on this board, care greatly. I just don't believe that America, as taken generally, cares much about this. Which is a shame.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 07:22:17 AM »
If this is true...I AM MAD AS HELL!

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 08:04:12 AM »
Thanks Alan!
I thought that was what you meant.

Yes Redtail as far as I know it is true.

Dee:
To some extent I agree with your thoughts.
Yes I am an old time CONSERVATIVE.
The way my GRANDFATHER grew up.
He was born in 1891 and raised his family of six kids during the depression.
He owed everyone and their brothers but he was able to survive and in the late 1930s finally paid off the last dime to the people he owed in full.
I know things are different now.

As far as McCAIN, I know and said he may not have been the best for the job, but I felt he was the better of what we had to pick from.

I saw through the "boy" from the beginning and did not think the  independent party was the way to go at this time.
I have voted that way in the past and may do so again in the futher.

I just felt that McCain was closer to my way of thinking at the time.
Yes my eyes are open and I did see or at least tried to see all the sides and based my decision on what I saw at the time.

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 08:43:09 AM »
I think he made a mistake by not personally attending the The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball but there may be more to the story.
The Cleveland Leader did a follow up story that says that VP Biden attended the ball

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8666

Craig Roberts, Media Relations Manager for the American Legion, issued the following statement:

The American Legion, as it has on every inauguration evening since 1953, hosted the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Banquet & Ball on January 20th. The quadrennial event is co-sponsored with fourteen veterans service and military service organizations and honors recipients of the Medal of Honor. Forty-seven of these heroes attended this year’s event which was held in the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel.

President Obama was invited but did not attend. Vice-President Joe Biden did appear, however, and was very warmly received. The new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The American Legion, as an organization, does not feel offended or “snubbed.”

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:35 AM »
Gals and Guys,

This has been posted to the GB Forum "Supporting Our Troops" for a bit, with little response.  I respectfully request, as the Moderator of that Board, that you go over there regularly and say hello to the Veterans.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »
Have been there in the past but not for a while.
Will do my best to visit more often!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »
He must have been to busy attending the Martin Luther King Inaugural Ball honoring Dr. King.  :-\
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »
Or the gay rights parade.
" we are screwed "

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »
He might not have had the guts to speak to these guy's.They probably hate him as much as we do.You couldn't have stacked enough SS around him to protect him from them.  Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »
Quote:
The American Legion, as an organization, does not feel offended or “snubbed.”

Maybe the A.L. wasn't offended, but a lot of people were! I know I was!  He
made it more of a priority to set into motion the closing down of Gitmo and
release of the psycho godless murderers there so that they can wage war
on us again than he did to honor our Nation's greatest heroes. b. o. is a
soulless ghoul and an absolute scumbag of the worst order in my opinion.

Robert

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »
Come on Bob, say what you really mean.:D

I know, kind of gets you fired up to think this countries commander & chief would treat our own boys (AND HEROS AT THAT) that way.

I am sorry boys but I can't and will not honor a person who will not salute our flag and would stoop so low as to treat our US MILITARY this way.
AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

I usually try to stay out of political discussions but this one takes the cake!
When I read this I couldn't hold it no longer and felt I had to let others know about it!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 04:17:48 PM »
I saw a clip of osama on vacation in Hawaii over the holidays,
He went into a room full of Air Force and Navy soldiers, none of them stood up or applauded when he came into the room. They only stood when he came to their table. I wish I remember where i saw that, I would post it here. Maybe king hussein thought he was getting them back?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 06:55:31 PM »
Actually he prolly honored them more by staying away. Would you want a low life scum like him at a party you pitched? I sure would't. He dishonored the flag and our country as a whole I'd think he should avoid being around vets but then I don't think he should be CIC either. Of course no one so far has come and asked my opinion. Kinda doubt the boy cares what my opinion is. Ya know the feeling is mutual if so.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline OLDHandgunner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 01:47:40 AM »
People, it is only going too get WORSE:'(