Author Topic: WASR-10 Quality  (Read 1064 times)

Offline NYSdeerslayer

• Trade Count: (0)
WASR-10 Quality
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:27:20 AM »
Picked up a wasr-10 cheap and found out why.  The chamber had little rust, no big deal but
every track/guide, sliding sufface had rust in some form.  That all cleaned up pretty well but the bolt face and the fireing pin were covered in some type of red junk, and of course the pin had enough rust in the guide that it wouldn't even rattle.  A small river of G96 loosened that up.
Can the pin be removed easyly?  Upon cleaning I found that the trigger and gas rod are Tapco!
Did the wasr-10 come with these new?  It also has some type of mount on the left side of the reciever I have no clue to what fits that? ???

Offline Savage

Re: WASR-10 Quality
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:48:19 AM »
That mount on the left side of the receiver is a scope mount. I have an AK with that mount and the scope that mounts on it. Pretty cool scope, if I could figure out how to read the ranging lines. Time to order that Rosetta Stone CD in Russian.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline bwbass

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:22:11 PM »
I have a WASR 10 also,the Tapco parts on your gun are 2 of the 5 compliance parts and they should be new.They are put on at CAI in Georgia.The red gunk is probaly cosmoline.After i bought mine i took it to a gunsmith i use and had mine checked out.I had him ceracote it and i stained the stock in red mahogany and built a wooden grip for it.He told me the gun had to sit in a vat for 2 days before all the cosmoline came off.Even though the gun was new it was filthy.Alot of stuff to go through but all in all it was worth it and it shoots like a charm.Hope you enjoy yours.PS the plate on the side it what person said a side scope mount.hope this helps you.

Offline aglass1987

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:19:49 AM »
I bought a wasr bought a week ago. Ive only put about 100 rounds through. Very fun gun to shoot. But the only problem is the magazines WOBBLE and its annoying. Anybody else have the same problem? Is it necessary to fix it and how could it be fixed?

Offline bwbass

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 11:10:56 AM »
The wobble is from the milling on the magazine well area.Century Arms does this to accept double stack magazines.Then they weld a small plate on each side inside the well area.Magazine wobble is common on these rifles.You can try different magazines because some fit better than others for these wasr types.

Offline aglass1987

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 02:56:11 PM »
the two mags that came with the gun wobble the worst. I bought two bulgarians and they dont wobble as bad as the factory. I also bought three used mags and only one of them fits PERFECT, with no wobble at all. That shouldnt mess with the rifle shooting should it??

Offline NYSdeerslayer

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
The wobble won't effect "shooting" unless it causes a feeding problem.