Author Topic: I HAVE NOT TURNED COAT----BUT  (Read 2649 times)

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Re: I HAVE NOT TURNED COAT----BUT
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2009, 03:23:46 AM »
I felt mccain was the lesser of 2 evils but my thinking was wrong. McCain is no better and we would have been no better off. Washington needs a change

While this statement may be true and yes Washington does need a change, I don't think the boy is the one to get it done.

I voted for McCain even though I had a few reservations about him, but he has proved that he is one of the most bipartisan people in Congress and I felt he stood the best chance to get the government to work together, IF THAT IS POSSIBLE!

I felt the boy had his own agenda at heart and not the good of the country.
Even though I felt that I could see right through him he had to much unanswered baggage in his past to make me feel at ease with him heading this country.

Really there is no one person that will ever get it done.
It will take millions to get it done, and we keep trying every four years.
In all reality it isn't the PRESIDENT that will make the change, it is Congress that will do it, and until we change them it won't get done!
In my mind we need to start with term limits for all to get rid of the life long politicans, but they will never vote for that as it would cut their own throats.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27:42 AM »
Letting all the non productive parasites starve wouldn't bother me a bit.

Either sending them out of the country or killing the parasitic.liberal scum would be just fine in my book.
Billy,

I thought you "were" anti-murder. Looks like you have changed your stance on that, again. Or are you just the most confused person on the internet and everywhere else. You are so hostile and conflicted lately. Are you having personal problems?

Cheese  ;)

watching any child starve would bother me.   i seriously doubt i could eat while i watched a child starve.  call me what you will.  

when i was younger, i thought turning the other cheek was for the weak with no other option.   i figured giving what little you had was foolish.   i am older now, and i realize that letting go of the selfishness is NOT something the weak and foolish do.   there is a time to stand against situations, and there is a time to help others.  heaven forbid, but if i am ever in a situation where it is in my power to stop a child from starving, even if it means i go without, i should hope i am man enough to feed that child.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2009, 07:08:25 AM »
mymanron3 , at face value your words seem good in deed and heart . One can gain a friend doing as you advise in many cases . That seems to be the mission of the ad visors in our military in many cases . Keep in mind the failures they experienced though as it is not always a sound move . Wisdom in this lesson is paid for with life , better to make decisions with the mind and not the heart !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »
Dems squeeled over and over about bi-partanship.   But, when they are in charge, they say they push through their agenda without wanting to listen to Reps.  They will loose congress in 2010.  Reps are getting back to their conservative base except for a few. 

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »
Dems squeeled over and over about bi-partanship.   But, when they are in charge, they say they push through their agenda without wanting to listen to Reps.  They will loose congress in 2010.  Reps are getting back to their conservative base except for a few. 

Which Republicans are getting back to their conservative base. Please point them out, I must have missed it. The only ones that are conservative NOW, are the ones that always were. Many are playing "run chicken run".
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »
Which Republicans are getting back to their conservative base

Lets hope it is the voting public!!!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »
Dee brought up an interesting thought about Republicans getting back too their original roots.
I dislike terms like republicans and Democrats, we think we know what they mean but the meanings change over times.
Republicans were originally considered conservative because of business and, generally big business, & protectionism.
The conservative wing of the Democrats, seeing the harrows of FDR come too light, for real, and the evangelical constituency of this conservative wing tried too join forces with the Republicans.
The Republicans saw the appeal and votes in this merger and drew them in.
It has always been and uneasy relationship between these groups. While each has an agenda that is some ways clashes with the needs of the original Republican party there is no middle ground for these two joiners. This has brought about the split you see.
Being set up misses the mark. God is sovereign and His Will won't bow at the knees too secular needs---in other words, God does not compromise.
That leaves us at the Mercy of God. Where we have been all along.
Do not put your hope and trust for this nation or this world in the hands of the political systems. They are going too pass away.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2009, 03:33:13 AM »
williamlayton:
While I agree that GOD controlls all and his will be done, I also believe he has chosen to let us find our own way, be it the right or the wrong way.
I won't get into religion here because all have their own beliefs and that is fine with me.
The only thing I will say is GOD is not wasting my money!
There has been a many a man who lost all they had while still living GOD'S word.
He controlls our destiny but we controll how we get there, or should I say the government controlls it.

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2009, 04:10:42 AM »
Well said LONGTOM.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett