Author Topic: Carrierless 209 Breech Plug for Huntsman/Sidekick, Blackhorn 209 Compatable!  (Read 29377 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Nick
You got an address, so I can pay for the 7/8 I ordered?

How much would I send to you Nick as I want to prepay for my 7/8" breechplug. Do you have any O rings to sell as well?

Offline kawie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
just received my plug today an would put out a big thanks again. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Just ordered my 7/8" plug today.
Seem like really nice people.
He said about a week before they are ready and that there are around 40 ahead of me.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
Nick, are the 7/8" ready yet????? it's only 6 months till deer season ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, and 3 weeks till turkey season, which ML is legal here in Ga. and might shoot a unruly wild hog too. ;D ;D ;D ;D......Thanks for getting these made for us. We appreciate it.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
I expect to see a package soon. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Nick Allen

• Trade Count: (5)
We are working on them right now. I should be able to have them ready to go at the end of the week. If not, it will definitley be the begining of next. Busta came by Fri. to verify the dimensions he came up with and they were spot on. I figured they would be, but we just wanted to be sure.

It won't be long guys

Nick :)

Offline bubba

Thanks Nick,

I am sure you are working dilligently on them.  We are just a bunch of inpatient, instant gratification, hurry up boys lol.  I look forward to replacing both my breech plugs and trying them out
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
We are just a bunch of inpatient, instant gratification, hurry up boys

inpatients? ???

;D
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
We are working on them right now. I should be able to have them ready to go at the end of the week. If not, it will definitley be the begining of next. Busta came by Fri. to verify the dimensions he came up with and they were spot on. I figured they would be, but we just wanted to be sure.

It won't be long guys

Thanks we appreciate it...........ps--Nick, i will call ya back Monday and put in my order......

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
called Nick today, got one on order ( 7/8"), he said they should be out in about a week. T H A N K S

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Congratulations Moose, your going to love it when you get it!!!....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline bubba

Any news on the 7/8 plugs yet? 

Molon Labe

Offline Underclocked

• A Real Regular
bubba, git me 1.   ;D
WHUT?

Offline MI.sabot

• Contributor
Doug B. wrote:

This should help...

Metrics Unlimited
6709 Chicago Road
Warren, MI  40892
Attn: Nick

Holy smokes, that's only a mile from where I work.
Think I'll pick up a 5/8" plug during lunch later in the week.
Wonder if Nick will take cash instead of a money order?

H&R Ultra Slug Hunter (12 ga.)
NEF SS Sidekick Muzzleloader (50 cal.)
Remington 870 Express (12 ga.)
Stevens 311-H SxS (20 ga.)
CZ 452 American (22lr)

Offline bubba

Any updates on the 7/8 yet?  I am so looking forward to trying mine when they get here

Molon Labe

Offline Nick Allen

Sorry about the long wait guys. They are almost done and will, for sure, start to ship out next week. We had a couple of bumps in the road along the way. When we went to run them we discovered that we were sent 316 SS instead of 303 SS so we had to ship that material back and get some new stuff. We're on the home stretch now.

MI Sabot, please feel free to stop by.  I'd be happy to fix you up. Give me a call Tuesday at  586 264 0411

Thanks for being so patient.

Offline bubba

Thanks fir the update Nick.  A good product from a good company is worth waiting for. I am looking forward to making some smoke with mine. 

Molon Labe

Offline wls

Hey Guys,
How do I know if my Huntsman has a 5/8 or 7/8 plug/  I just had the barrel fitted to my 20 guage frame in September 2008.

Thanks. WLS

Offline bubba

if it is a 2008 fitting it is a 5/8.  7/8 was stopped in 2003 I believe. 

Molon Labe

Offline fjm03

Nick, thanks for the prompt delivery of the plug. Head spacing was good w/o shimming.  Battery,  utilizing Winchester W209,  results in mild compression with O ring installed. Will check spacing with Federal 209As as soon as they're back in stock . A decapper was required to remove discharged W209s. Will hone if necessary after tests w/ F209As. Threads needed cleanup with a die.

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
   fmj03 ;  What size die did you use for that plug thread cleanup? I thought the Nef plug thread size was one unique to the NEF plugs.    Ken

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • Trade Count: (144)
WLS another way to make sure you get the right plug would be to measure it... 5/8" is measured at the threads  same with the 7/8" your sure to get the right one as you never really know what yr your bbl was made esspecially with the move and some times H&R would find other old bbls stuck somewhere that they didn't even know they had. I'd measure for sure. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline fjm03

5/8" - 18NF

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
Hey Guys,
How do I know if my Huntsman has a 5/8 or 7/8 plug/  I just had the barrel fitted to my 20 guage frame in September 2008.

Thanks. WLS

WLS,

I'll make it real easy for you, 5/8" on LEFT, 7/8" on RIGHT. There is no way to mistake one for the other, once removed. If they are installed they look identical from the primer end.

U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline c1skout

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
 Nick, am I on the 7/8" list? I e-mailed you a while back but if I got a reply I never saw it. (sometimes I'm a little too fast when I'm deleting e-mail) If I'm not just put my name at the end of the list... I'm patient.

Offline garandsrus

Hi,

What type of steel are the breech plugs made out of?  Are they also heat treated?

I am a little confused as to what I would get if I ordered one.  Are they similar to the first pictures or the later pictures?  How is the primer held in place on the pictures towards the bottom of the thread?

Thanks,
John

Offline Nick Allen

The 7/8" plugs are going to be shipped today. They are made from 303 stainless steel.

So if ya want one please call me at 800 638 7986

Thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Thanks for all your hard work Nick. I am very pleased and very happy with my 5/8" plug and I am sure all those anxious 7/8" guys will be pleased and happy as well. You took a good gun and made it MUCH better....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline bubba

Thanks Nick.  Looking forward to seeing a package and trying it out.

Molon Labe

Offline Nick Allen

Guys, I just realized that there is a slight stack up issue with these new 7/8" plugs. All who will be recieving them will need to send them back to me. I am really sorry about this but you know the old saying sh- - happens. I have it figured out that we need to taked a few thousands off of the powder end of the plug to make it fit in these rifles. I will be resending them out once the alteration is completed.  The hard part for me on this project is I do not have a firearm to test it in Busta is my tester and he has informed me of the problem.

Again, I am sorry about this guys.

Nick