Author Topic: The confiscations have begun  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
The confiscations have begun
« on: February 11, 2009, 03:45:57 AM »
My beagle was confiscated by Federal agents last night at 3am who rammed our front door open and held us at gunpoint. I believe it is because he is one of the few dogs who can count to four, and has more financial knowledge than most other dogs. He was taken away in a black helicopter headed east.

If you should happen to see a new presidential cabinet member or any other consulting member of the Federal government answering to the name of Questor and having cute floppy brown ears and a penchant for sniffing things, please send pictures. We miss him very much.

This is but a cautionary tale: Do not educate your dogs, and if you do, keep quiet about it. As part of their education be sure that they know to respond only to sit, stay and roll-over when commanded by a stranger.
Safety first

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Re: The confiscations have begun
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »
They took your Beagle!!!! I'd rather they took my wife! Thats a horrible thing to hear. I hope they let him come visit, maybe during rabbit season. Better watch yer back they may take you out so you can't spead the word. ::)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:24:53 AM »
perhaps  they are the ones responsible for dale's missing pot plant, er.. i mean potted plant. 

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:13:52 AM »
perhaps  they are the ones responsible for dale's missing pot plant, er.. i mean potted plant. 

That may very well be. LOL made me laugh. And im sorry to hear about your beagle.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline TopperT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
  • Guard Dog
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 10:02:51 AM »
This of course is a searious situation.  We MUST do something.  I hate to think of the "Re-Indocternation Camps" for K-9's spreading across the land......(these of course would be teaching them NOT to sit, NOT to fetch, and proably NOT to lick there asses in public............This S**t is getting searious.......I'm getting a beer, anyone want one?

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 10:03:55 AM »
ill take one but make it a double please:) :)
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:30:39 AM »
We have the dog in Gitmo, thanks for telling us His name.
We are in the process of restuructering his thinking and habits so that he will never have any desire too hunt or chase rabbits again.
When you get him back from us he will have a loving and careing nature for all wildlife, especially rabbits.
Cordially
Men in Black
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 12:03:32 PM »
BOY. Peta will stop at nothing. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Questor

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »
Questor called this evening and he said somebody would come around to get his HP12C financial calculator and his book of actuarial tables. He didn't sound like himself, very nervous.  I think they may have told him we'd be killed if he didn't figure a way out of the financial mess. All I could say was "Good Dog! You're a good dog!" in my best stentorian drill sergeant voice. He likes that.

He whispered "ax-ate-ray ower-lay" and "op-stay ending-spay". I immediately concurred and also suggested that some failing banks should be allowed to fail.
Safety first

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 03:09:48 PM »
Did you hear that idiot last night with the 19 year old kid?  I really think your dog could do a better job.
The kid is 19 and has worked at McDonalds for 4 years.  Good for him.  But he is still 19 and going to college.  Did he expect to be a CEO of NBC by now.  And what was that crap Obama Said about offsetting his payroll taxes.  Who is going to pay for that.  Oh right the employer or the "rich" (anyone not working at McDonalds).  So let me see if I get this right.  At work we call this a Morganism for Bob Morgan.
The kid gets to keep more of his Min wage job and they take it from me so this kid can have a few bucks more a month while he is at school and now I can no longer afford to eat at McDonald's and they now have to lay this kid off.  Wow the toilet doesn't flush this fast.
Cut taxes across the board!  Giving the people who do not pay taxes a tax cut does nothing.  how many poor people hire other poor people?  Let the companies and the rich keep more of their money so they can hire more workers so they can make more money.  And they hire people by investing in new companies.
Lower the payroll taxes across the board.  heck if we paid 1/3 of what we are now for SS and Medicare we could farm it out to a private insurance company with less coruption.
Have the banks refinance all the junk loans to 30 year 7.5% fixed to stabilize the housing market.  loan the banks the same amount they finance at 2.5% and allow them to raise the interest rate .5% for every 45 days these junk loans are late.
Cut Senate and hopuse staffs by 8% across the board as well as other government spending.  Why is it we always have to do with less?

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 04:10:22 PM »

Maybe they took the thongs too :D

Spanky

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »

Spanky
Let me make it clear to you guys now. I have not smoked pot in many years although I live in a drinking town with a football problem. ;D ;D ;D ;D Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »
My beagle was confiscated by Federal agents last night at 3am who rammed our front door open and held us at gunpoint.

At least they didn't shoot your dog... (I know you are being satirical in your post, but this below is real, and apparently extensive.
http://www.google.com/search?q=cop+shot+dog&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 03:57:51 AM »
Let me make it clear to you guys now. I have not smoked pot in many years although I live in a drinking town with a football problem.   

the fact that you think this is cute only confirms to me that you are boozing.  while it is no skin off my back, your daughter deserves better.  take a minute and consider the example you are setting.  my guess is you are so self absorbed that you really dont care as long as dale is happy. 

i am far from perfect, but let me promise you, in my life, the children's needs come way before the myronman's wants.  but you have me on ignore so unless someone quotes this, i am just wasting my time.   too bad for your daughter.   :'(

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 04:03:41 AM »

Spanky
Let me make it clear to you guys now. I have not smoked pot in many years although I live in a drinking town with a football problem. ;D ;D ;D ;D Dale

The town must have a football Problem if they like the steelers. :)

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 06:04:47 AM »
Let me make it clear to you guys now. I have not smoked pot in many years although I live in a drinking town with a football problem.   

the fact that you think this is cute only confirms to me that you are boozing.  while it is no skin off my back, your daughter deserves better.  take a minute and consider the example you are setting.  my guess is you are so self absorbed that you really dont care as long as dale is happy. 

i am far from perfect, but let me promise you, in my life, the children's needs come way before the myronman's wants.  but you have me on ignore so unless someone quotes this, i am just wasting my time.   too bad for your daughter.   :'(

Why do you care myronman?  Not being rude, I honestly want to know.  Do you really care and want Dale to stop or slow down on drinking, or are you just trying to shoot him down?

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 06:23:54 AM »
i dont like seeing people self destruct, but even more importantly, i hate seeing kids lose when it could have been avoided. 

i think dale is a complete twit, nut, or loon, whatever.    but his daughter doesnt deserve to have to witness it as it only subjects her to bad things- nothing good will come of it.  when you behave that way, you increase the odds that bad things are coming your kid's way. 

a friend of mine father once said "adults get what they deserve, kids never do." 

so am i doing dale any good by condoning it?  or even ignoring it? 
   i know the odds are small, but what if people telling him the errors of his ways makes a difference in his life?   i know the people who have helped me through bad times didnt always tell me what i wanted to hear, and they werent necessarily nice about it either.   

sometimes you have to smite your brother to help him.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 06:48:21 AM »
i dont like seeing people self destruct, but even more importantly, i hate seeing kids lose when it could have been avoided. 

i think dale is a complete twit, nut, or loon, whatever.    but his daughter doesnt deserve to have to witness it as it only subjects her to bad things- nothing good will come of it.  when you behave that way, you increase the odds that bad things are coming your kid's way. 

a friend of mine father once said "adults get what they deserve, kids never do." 

so am i doing dale any good by condoning it?  or even ignoring it? 
   i know the odds are small, but what if people telling him the errors of his ways makes a difference in his life?   i know the people who have helped me through bad times didnt always tell me what i wanted to hear, and they werent necessarily nice about it either.   

sometimes you have to smite your brother to help him.
I took you off ignore days ago. I don't know why but I did. I consider your remarks a a personal attack. Am I they only one that sees this. I really don't think I have disliked a person more than you in my whole life. You are relentless and jump at any chance to put me down. What I do in my personal life is none of your business. I do not drink everyday like you think I do. I have a wife and daughter that loves me. So you can take your snide comments and. You are not even worth the time I have spent typing this. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »
Well Dale, I'm going to side w/ Myronman. 

About a month ago you were posting on here about how times were tough and you were having a hard time finding work. 

Once you post things like that you open up your personal life to all of us on here. We feel for you. But since then in fact you have made several comments about drinking.  All I have to say is that if money is tight, the FIRST thing that needs to go is booze.  Both for money and mental reasons. 

Simply put.  If your short on cash, the money spent on booze is taking food from your daughters mouth, and clothes off her back.  So Dale, don't post things about your personal life on here and then get pissed off when people talk about it.  Were just trying to help.  Whether you like us or not, we could care less.

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 07:04:33 AM »
Children at a certain age can decide for them self's. My mother was a bad drunk and I mean bad. I witnessed many bad horrible things happen to our family because of this. I still turned out OK because I knew what was right and wrong. I now work for a multi million dollar company. I'm 20 yrs old in college (night school) and have a future ahead of me. My mother dropped out of high school. (just making my own decisions)I also drink but maybe once a month because the fact I don't want to be like my mother. Dale and myronman I'm not saying either of you are right or wrong. But children need to lean for them self's. That's what worked for me. I was raised in poor neighbor hoods and my friends had bad parents. They turned out fine. SO does the parents actions reflect on a child yes. But it is up to the child to decipher how to take those reflections. And Dale I'm not calling you a drunk either.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 07:13:44 AM »
SSS you beat me to it.  I will make no claims to wether Dale has a drinking problem, but if money is tight there should 0 $ spent on alcohol or any other frivolity. 

Heather

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 07:22:26 AM »
Heather...

When money is tight, bologna becomes a luxury...lol

I believe the point myron began to make, and heather and I elaborated on was not the issue of dale having a drinking problem, but the repeated times hes posted on here about how tight on money he was...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 07:27:09 AM »
Heather...

When money is tight, bologna becomes a luxury...lol

The price of fresh fruit around here is just ridiculous so I haven't purchased any in quiet some time.  My two older boys showered me with hugs and kisses because I bought some canned pineapples, peaches, and some other assorted canned fruit the other day.  At first I thought how sad it was that my boys viewed canned fruit as a luxury, then upon futher reflection it touched my heart at how appreciative they are.

Heather

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 07:28:46 AM »

If you should happen to see a new presidential cabinet member or any other consulting member of the Federal government answering to the name of Questor and having cute floppy brown ears and a penchant for sniffing things, please send pictures. We miss him very much.

Sounds like an improvement over anything in the cabinet so far!

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 07:31:23 AM »
Yeah, I can sypathise with you on the price of freash fruit.  My kid eats fruit over candy.  I'm forced to buy it now b/c my preggers wife is craving it lol.  It's bad when you wish you could get you kid to eat a candy bar once in a while to save money :D :D :D

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 07:57:13 AM »
Well Dale, I'm going to side w/ Myronman. 

About a month ago you were posting on here about how times were tough and you were having a hard time finding work. 

Once you post things like that you open up your personal life to all of us on here. We feel for you. But since then in fact you have made several comments about drinking.  All I have to say is that if money is tight, the FIRST thing that needs to go is booze.  Both for money and mental reasons. 

Simply put.  If your short on cash, the money spent on booze is taking food from your daughters mouth, and clothes off her back.  So Dale, don't post things about your personal life on here and then get pissed off when people talk about it.  Were just trying to help.  Whether you like us or not, we could care less.
i could not have said it better.
My kid eats fruit over candy.
enjoy it while it lasts.   ;D 

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 08:24:59 AM »
Yeah, I can sypathise with you on the price of freash fruit.  My kid eats fruit over candy.  I'm forced to buy it now b/c my preggers wife is craving it lol.  It's bad when you wish you could get you kid to eat a candy bar once in a while to save money :D :D :D

Not just fruit is real expensive. But grocerys in general. Its cheaper to eat stuff that will destroy your body like fast food. It used to be cheaper to eat healthy at home. All the stuff thats "good for you" get price increases. While the stuff that is "bad for you" the price drops. Make since to any one.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
I love this site !
start off getting dogs stolen end up with a drinking problem over the cost of fruit .
Leave Dale alone , send gift cards to eat out to his daughter !
I got to ask if ya can afford a computer why can't ya afford fruit ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 08:59:16 AM »
I love this site !
start off getting dogs stolen end up with a drinking problem over the cost of fruit .

Computers are usally saved up for. Fruit is a reacurring price. But then again so is the internet. But I must say im new here and I love this site too. Especially because It make my work day better, and I learn some stuff.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 09:03:13 AM »
I love this site !

some of the best stuff comes from the conversation that ensues from a topic.   what would you do if, during a conversation, someone cut you off everytime the topic flexed?   it wouldnt have much, if any, flavor.