Author Topic: Cabelas optics?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline 223dog

• Trade Count: (0)
Cabelas optics?
« on: February 11, 2009, 04:23:13 PM »
How are Cabelas Optics?  Scopes and Binos?  Is their Warranty Really a over the counter exchange?  Just take the old one in and get a new one no questions and no paper work?  I have looked through a few of their binoculars and thought that they were excellent for the price.  I am thinking of getting a scope and like the idea of just taking it back if it fails.  Just wondering what every one thought of their optics
   Thanks

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Cabelas optics?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 04:43:56 AM »
I think Cabelas has some optics winners, but they may be prone to changing manufacturers.  As long as they exercise rigorous quality control/assurance that is OK.  Cabelas is also not very forthcoming as to which optics products have which warranties.

I'd also look into Vortex riflescopes. http://www.vortexoptics.com/riflescopes Very good optics for the money and the best warranty in the business.

In the event that a Vortex product with the VIP Lifetime Warranty requires service, no matter the cause, Vortex Optics will repair or replace the product at no charge. http://media.sw-network.com/vx/pdf/VIP.pdf
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 12:38:49 PM »
Read the reviews on what you have in mind. Cabellas has a great customer review link. They also have excellent customer service
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »
Personally, I just don't see myself spending money on a Cabella's scope when for the same money, or perhaps a bit more, I can get a tried and true brand like Bushnell or Nikon.  It's hard to beat a Bushnell Elite 3200 and a Nikon Buckmaster for the money.

Zachary

Offline 1 farmer

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »
I have two Cabelas Pine Ridge scopes, One is on my 50cal muzzleloader and the other on a 17HMR. The muzzleloader scope 3x9x40 is 5-6years older than the 4x12x40 HMR scope and is brighter to my eye. I have a Bushnel Banner 4x12x40 and the Cabelas looks just as clear. I bought them because they were cheap and I had card reward points along with a discount coupon so I got them for free ;D
I am saving my points torwards a Nikon or Leupold scope this year. Cabelas has always been great on customer service for me also.

Offline RLFarmer

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
After typing a long story only to have it deleted before I could post it I will just say they DO do over the counter exchanges (at the service desk) twice.  And if your item happens to be on sale when the exchange takes place you get the cash also.

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 06:17:04 AM »
Read the reviews on what you have in mind. Cabellas has a great customer review link. They also have excellent customer service

+1

I had bought a Bushnell product based on the Cabella reviews even though I did not make the purchase there!...In my case, it was almost like a mini-forum as problems were brought up (some caused by the users) and cures or tips were provided by others. This is a project that I had posted here and need to complete as I promised Target Pictures. The weather is shaping up to where I hope to be able to do this soon.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
I agree, no matter where I buy something like optics, I read the reviews at Midway, Cabelas,Amazon, etc.  I see enough critical ones too, so I believe they are not filtered.

Cabelas optics have been discussed several times before here in the past and generally have gotten very good reviews and considered good values.  I have always been treated well by their customer service people, so I believe they would stand by any of their optics.

I have several scopes by the "brand name" manufacturers, but if I saw a Cabela's scope or binocs that fit my needs and was priced right, I would buy it with confidence.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 09:51:23 AM »
I have two Cabela's scopes, and like them both. 

I have the Tactical Center fire scope in 3X12X40.  I have it on a .223 with the 55gr turret on it.  So far it is dead on out to 300 yards.

I also have a Alaskan Guide Rangefinding scope in 3.5X10X42.  I have it on a 25-06, and at 100 yards it is doing well.  I honestly can not give a true report on this one yet, since it is new and I have not tried it beyond 100 yards yet.  Nor have I taken it into the field to see how the Range Finding feature works.

Both scopes are bright and I love the side focus feature.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.