Author Topic: Any recent increase in anti-black sentiment in your area?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Any recent increase in anti-black sentiment in your area?
« on: February 12, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »
I was doing some web surfing looking for stuff related to Obama in the news and found quite a few sites that are dedicated to associating Obama with the N-word. This was quite a surprise because my search criteria were not the sorts of things I would have expected to trigger such responses. I have seen in a variety of places surprisingly frank anti-black sentiment, even if its manifested as the use of certain phrases or words that were unusual only a few months ago in similar exchanges. Are you seeing an up-tick in anti-black sentiment in your area?

One not-too offensive thing you can search for is using Google to search for "Obama free money". I don't believe I saw anything that was unsuitable for family viewing, but I did find a lot of sites that are about cashing in on the coming welfare boom.
Safety first

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
Re: Any recent increase in anti-black sentiment in your area?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:36:36 PM »
Perhaps a bit more so than usual.  The N-bomb is dropped fairly frequently around these parts.  I'm about 40 miles south-west of St. Louis.  I'm told that the Grand Poobah of the Ku Klux Klan lives about 40 miles south west of me.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »
Besides the bi-annual SWAT raids at the house next door?, no not really. They are probably just profilin though, white cops- bustin down a black mans door!

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
I happen to live in a town with less than 1% of black people. Great place to live. Dale

http://www.city-data.com/city/Scottdale-Pennsylvania.html
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline beerbelly

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »
not here , go down to the local Wal-mart and every other little white girl you see has a black babby.
                                 Beerbelly

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 07:16:55 AM »
  Any recent increase in anti-black sentiment in your area?   No. But I have seen ALLOT more anti-white sentiment in my area.
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 07:25:54 AM »
I happen to live in a town with less than 1% of black people. Great place to live. Dale

http://www.city-data.com/city/Scottdale-Pennsylvania.html
Not me I live in Cleveland City. But i haven't seen any increase just as much as usual.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 07:34:49 AM »
  Any recent increase in anti-black sentiment in your area?   No. But I have seen ALLOT more anti-white sentiment in my area.

I'm seeing the same thing.
" we are screwed "

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 07:39:59 AM »
man... +1 to that...  :-\
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »
you know what i live in an area where there is a huge Black population along with a lot of other than white races . It has always been friction here at least for a few . We had a Black govnor , a black mayor a black police chief . They had to deal with the same problems the white people in those positions did . What I hear around here is the Black people gave the president a chance . They truely wanted change , they want a fair chance not a hand out . Many seem to see things like Bill Cosby has talked about . Many Black people see wealfare as a form of slavery . If the political leaders don't wake up and realize that minorities want to get educated and have jobs because they can do them not as a hand out hell will be paid in the next election . Yes the Black population has a silent majority also . has anyone checked who gets wealfare ? how do whites rank ? Its a problem for all races . Want to stop the problems in our country ? PUT MORALITY BACK IN GOVT., IN SCHOOLS AND MOVIES , CABLE TV , SATLITE TV , RADIO AND LIFE IN GENERAL !
if "O" can do all that and leaves guns and right wing radio alone maybe  i'll vote for him next time .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »
you know what i live in an area where there is a huge Black population along with a lot of other than white races . It has always been friction here at least for a few . We had a Black govnor , a black mayor a black police chief . They had to deal with the same problems the white people in those positions did . What I hear around here is the Black people gave the president a chance . They truely wanted change , they want a fair chance not a hand out . Many seem to see things like Bill Cosby has talked about . Many Black people see wealfare as a form of slavery . If the political leaders don't wake up and realize that minorities want to get educated and have jobs because they can do them not as a hand out hell will be paid in the next election . Yes the Black population has a silent majority also . has anyone checked who gets wealfare ? how do whites rank ? Its a problem for all races . Want to stop the problems in our country ? PUT MORALITY BACK IN GOVT., IN SCHOOLS AND MOVIES , CABLE TV , SATLITE TV , RADIO AND LIFE IN GENERAL !
if "O" can do all that and leaves guns and right wing radio alone maybe  i'll vote for him next time .

I agree that black people or minorities are capable of our jobs. And I have known more white people on welfare but this is just my experience not a statistic. Also with the right the press and media have you will most likely not see morality put in Govt, Schools..etc.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »
you most likely are correct , shame !
maybe we see the end comming

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 08:50:10 AM »

that is my feelings as well... I think we will see the end in the first 3 months of this administration.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »

that is my feelings as well... I think we will see the end in the first 3 months of this administration.

Matt

I give it a while longer than that. Things have been worse but we are catching up real fast.

Offline beerbelly

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 09:02:58 AM »
I once lived in Birmingham, AL. I got the hell out of there as fast as I could. Once the blacks took over, The city went to pot, just like most large cities in this country. The dam place is a war zone a night. They give the body count on the morning news.
  The have no tax base, most are on welfare. So they have an occupational tax on the people that work in the city but wisely live else where. The city is now one big slum! A couple of posts back some one said they just want a job like the rest of us. That is plain BS for the most part. They are looking for a bigger hand out than they are getting now and they think Obama will give it to them. So do I.
                             Beerbelly

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 09:06:07 AM »
I once lived in Birmingham, AL. I got the hell out of there as fast as I could. Once the blacks took over, The city went to pot, just like most large cities in this country. The dam place is a war zone a night. They give the body count on the morning news.
  The have no tax base, most are on welfare. So they have an occupational tax on the people that work in the city but wisely live else where. The city is now one big slum! A couple of posts back some one said they just want a job like the rest of us. That is plain BS for the most part. They are looking for a bigger hand out than they are getting now and they think Obama will give it to them. So do I.
                             Beerbelly

Yea I here ya. Except not all are looking for a hand out. Also many white people are looking for a hand out. I live in cleveland which is one of the worst citys in america. I see crack heads on the streets of both colors. but it is one big slum of people looking for handouts as well.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 09:11:36 AM »
where i live is alot like what you decribe , but there are many trapped .
Look at it this way never again can it be said a black man can't get to the top ! All the BS stopped the day the new president took his oath . Now all people must prove their worth not expect a free ride !

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 09:18:28 AM »
where i live is alot like what you decribe , but there are many trapped .
Look at it this way never again can it be said a black man can't get to the top ! All the BS stopped the day the new president took his oath . Now all people must prove their worth not expect a free ride !

Shootall I have been reading your posts all day. And we agree on most topics that have came up. Just add this one to the list.  :)

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »
NO WHITE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS AND ONLY LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED MINORITY'S the anti white sentiment is at an all time high.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »
yes lets demand change !
change is all the rage these days !

Offline magooch

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »
Ayyyyuppp, there's a lot of anti-half-black sentiment in my vicinity these days.  And it's all about one particular halfrican.  Just this morning I heard the words, "That stupid su*******ng ni***r."  And I was all alone.
Swingem

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »
When my dad used the" n "word it had nothing to do with skin color.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline kansasj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »
Around here we thought when they finally got their black pres everything would be o.k. and now they would feel equal or happy, but on the contrary. Now they want and seem to feel they are entitled to everything.  The "victim" thing all over again!!
Yesterday is history--tomorrow is a mystery--today is a gift!---That is why they call it the present!