Author Topic: Plane crashes into house killing 50 Passengers  (Read 805 times)

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
Plane crashes into house killing 50 Passengers
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:31:36 AM »
For those who can't watch videos, this is a video of a huge fire as a result of a plane crashing into a house.  No one knows as of yet what happened.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/02/13/am.feyerick.tatro.witness.cnn

Heather

Edit to change misleading title 
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
Re: Plane crashes into house killing 50
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:36:33 AM »
That is very sad. God bless their families.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 04:36:50 AM »

For those who can't watch videos, this is a video of a huge fire as a result of a plane crashing into a house.  No one knows as of yet what happened.

Heather
Yea that's a shame. I saw it on the news this morning. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:47:50 AM »
The news here had the last few min. of the pilot talking to the tower , every thing was normal the it went blank . Sounds like they had no idea anything was wrong .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 04:58:49 AM »
Actually Shootall-
The last instruction from air traffic (ground) control was for the pilot to switch radio frequency to the tower frequency. There should be another tape from the tower that hasn't been released yet. Isn't it ironic that one of those killed on the plane was a 9/11 widow that met with the prez just a few days ago?

Offline rparsons934

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 04:59:39 AM »
That is ironic.

Wow I have already had 100 posts goes fast.
****The Second Amendment.....You dont know you need it until they come and try to take it away****

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 05:01:36 AM »
our station didn't let us hear that , thanks !

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 05:34:23 AM »
Bit of dark humor in the light of a tragedy...

The headline of that made me think it was a single pilot airplane that crashed into a house full of illegal Mexicans...

But seriously, I feel for those that have lost their loved ones...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 05:46:19 AM »
I would really like to say what I think of your joke sam, but ill let someone else that isn't on the hit-list do it! >:(

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
Re: Plane crashes into house killing 50 Passengers
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 06:23:34 AM »
Hey mirage... the door to my inbox is always open pal :D  Don't hold back on your opinion.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 06:33:18 AM »
Sam-how about showing a little respect for the 49 people that died? I think Heather posted this out of compassion, not with the intent of this subject turning into another name-calling thread like so many of the other ones have gone. There are other places you can post your "dark humor".

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 06:42:16 AM »
I posted at the bottom of my statement my condolences for the families of those that died... My dark humor was directed at the topic title.  Not those who lost their lives.

Should the moderator think that my comment is inappropriate, they will let me know, as they have let you know countless times now.  Besides wasn't it you that asked if I were the morality police the other day?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 07:41:18 AM »
title said passangers got killed not visiters in a mexican bed and breakfast !

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:19 AM »
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:36:33 AM » Quote 

« Reply #9 on: Today at 11:23:34 AM 

The title was changed on my last post of #9, I presume by heather... Please research a tab better before posting your opinion shootall. Thanks

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 07:48:37 AM »

Heather

Edit to change misleading title 

I stated that I changed the title!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 07:50:30 AM »
My bad.  I didn't catch that the title was changed at all until shootall posted that last one.  Then again I've been reading since my last post.  Don't want you to think i was getting on to you heather... :D

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »
Nah I know better!  ;)  I was just pointing out that had Shootall read the first post he would have know that the title had been changed.

Heather

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »
ok i'll let the dark humor ride , ya like the b&b ?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »
I believe the correct information is that 49 people on the plane and one person in the house was killed. There were I believe five crew members on the plane including a pilot dead heading who wasn't actually a crew member of that flight but was an airline employee.

From what I saw on the videos I can't imagine how anyone survived whether in the plane or house yet the reports say three or four others in the home were hurt but not killed. For them Friday the 13th for sure was not an unlucky day as by all rights they too should have died like the other one. We'll likely never know just where in the house they were as compared to where the plane impacted but to survive such is kinda like a miracle.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »
Things that happen of this nature are heartbreaking.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 02:56:43 AM »
I've never flown in a plane.  Seeing stuff like this makes me think i'm not missing anything...

Offline powderman

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 04:40:13 AM »
News said it appeared that the plane went in nose first, thereby keeping the damage minimal. Can you imagine the results if it had gone belly in and all that fuel had been ignited for hundreds of yds, kinda like napalm??? POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
I've flown at least 700 flights plus over the years and have had a few very interesting instances like 2 aborted take offs and 1 aborted landing. Those were scary enough because your thinking it's a collision avoidance maneuver. The aborted landing was on approach to Philly and we were encountering severe cross winds. As we got over the airfield itself just a hundred feet off the ground the 737 was pushed left to right by about a good 80 to 100 feet in an instance by the cross wind. The pilot gave it full throttle and rotated the nose up for a second pass because there was now way to correct the approach with enough runway.

One time I was on a trans Atlantic flight from Dulles to Amsterdam and had to turn around for an emergency landing due to malfunctioning cabin pressurization system after an hour into the flight. Including a few flights with severe turbulence instances that had passengers screaming for some time. The scariest was a twin turbo prop much like the one that crashed in NY and we lost an engine on approach to O'Hara from Toledo express. The engine loss was a controlled shut down due to mechanical problems but with only one engine remaining your never sure if the same issue that put the 1st one out is going to inflict the last engine. We landed just fine and we never felt anything differant.

I'm not afraid of flying but you know that an accident typically means death. I just hope my good fortune continues past my last flight.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 07:48:31 AM »
Sounds now like Icing caused an aerodynamic stall. Normally when a plane stalls (loses lift) the nose pitches down, causing the airspeed to increase to the point where the wing regains lift. It sounds like the plane went into a flat spin, as it was facing the opposite direction of the airport when it hit the ground. A cause for a flat spin following a stall is improper loading of a plane. If the center of gravity is too close, or behind (toward the tail) the center of lift, the plane cannot pitch forward in the event of a stall. Could it be that there was no-one in first class? People on the ground thought they heard the plane "sputtering"- if the plane was in a flat spin it would sound as if it was sputtering. Turbine engines don't sputter- either the fire is lit or it's not.