Author Topic: Same feeling as being propositioned by someone of the same sex  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Same feeling as being propositioned by someone of the same sex
« on: February 16, 2009, 04:43:35 PM »
I thought about a fishing trip to Canada, but then I thought about their gun laws and the feeling of revulsion cured me of any desire to go.
Safety first

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: Same feeling as being propositioned by someone of the same sex
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:14:17 AM »
What gun were planning to fish with ??? ;D
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:28:09 AM »
I think he wuz gonna use dynamite.  ;D

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:26 AM »
Questor, let us know where you fish at, as I'm pretty sure I don't want to go there. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 11:06:08 AM »
Going fishing with Larry Craig?  :o

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
I'm with you on this one Questor.  When I was a young man, an entire family was gunned down while fishing on the local river.  I knew then I was always going to be able to shoot back.  If I go fishing, my pistol goes too!
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:25:16 PM »
I wanted to see Old Ironsides in Boston this summer, but they say I can't even have a shotgun in my pickup camper. I could probably go from Wyoming to Boston and back and never have any trouble, but it's the principal of the thing. If they don't want my shotgun, they don't need any bucks I may spend there.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:11:40 PM »
I don't go places or spend my money with folks that want me to go unarmed. PERIOD.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 01:37:54 AM »
I wanted to see Old Ironsides in Boston this summer, but they say I can't even have a shotgun in my pickup camper. I could probably go from Wyoming to Boston and back and never have any trouble, but it's the principal of the thing. If they don't want my shotgun, they don't need any bucks I may spend there.

I agree!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Questor

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »
I wasn't proposing to go fishing with firearms. I just oppose spending money in a place like that. Some excellent Ontario moose hunting is a six hour drive from my front door, but I don't go to Canada out of principle. Of course, the way things are going here I may have to flee to Canada to take advantage of their relatively high degree of freedom in the future.
Safety first

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 02:04:19 AM »
I wasn't proposing to go fishing with firearms. I just oppose spending money in a place like that. Some excellent Ontario moose hunting is a six hour drive from my front door, but I don't go to Canada out of principle. Of course, the way things are going here I may have to flee to Canada to take advantage of their relatively high degree of freedom in the future.

I for one knew exactly what you meant, and I think others as well. I AGREE with you, and it appears the much criticized Canada will by the end of the year be far more free than us. JMO
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:36 AM »
Questor:
 I really don't see what your Beef is. You need a guide to hunt in Canada as a nonresident in most places unless you got a blood relative who can act as your guide. I have heard that the Outfitters will refund you the 50 bucks that you are charged for getting your firearm registered here. I believe it is a one time fee and can be done right at the border. I doubt the personal info collected by Canada Customs is handed over to your Homeland Security, CIA or FBI. Forget a Handgun, as an Canadian I can't even tote one of those here myself. Don't bring a rifle with a shorter then 18 1/2" barrel or a semi auto center fire with a magazine that holds more then 4 rounds.

If on the other hand I go to the Land of the Free etc. I have to fill in a form with all the Canadian Firearms info including the amount of ammo I intend to bring, show a valid hunting license at the border and do that at least several weeks before I plan to go. I didn't see any fees as yet, but I presume that will happen shortly.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Questor

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 07:21:52 AM »
BBF:

It has always come down to this: I can go to other countries or states and spend about the same amount of money and have a better time with fewer hassles. So that's what I do. Now that the Canadian dollar is high relative to the US dollar, Canada is the least attractive it's ever been.

The transport laws for fish have become a bit absurd too, so going to Ontario to fish is less and less attractive.  There's no one thing that makes Canada unattractive, it's really a lot of little things that have turned me away.

For fishing, we catch more, better, and bigger fish elsewhere. For hunting, the options are better elsewhere too unless you have a fixation on something particular to Canada.

Safety first

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 07:51:01 AM »
Just kidding Questor.
I have always heard that taking a rifle or shotgun into Canada is pretty easy
if you do it correctly and not try to sneak it in. I know a guy that with a hunting party and decided he would not declare his, when they found it he almost got to stay forever.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:07:47 AM »
I hunt Canada and over the last 9 years it has gotten worst . The last trip they asked how many hand guns i owned guess it poped up when they checked my dri. lic. Since i did not take one to Canada what business is it of theirs ? since they had a clue i told them one . Then the ask why so i said work . Then what at work worried me so i said nothing as long as i'm armed ! after 3 hours they let me in . come to think of it that might be the last time .
You can carry a shotgun sometimes for bear protection but it must be cased and out of site in a vehicle even a boat . I talked to some that hide a gun before crossing the border and pick it up on the way back . I tried to have mine cleaned/stored at Cabela's and pick it back up on the way home they wouldn't do it .
I am in the plumbing business an refuse to buy muck  from Ferguson Ent. as they prohibit ccw holders from having a weapon on site . %$#@&%^  ^%#$%  #$@%$ British owned company !

If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 08:21:51 AM »
Money is power! When enough Outfitters find that their business is gone they will bitch to their MP's just as much as business people would to their Senators and Congress Reps in the US.
If the MP's get enough grief they will change the rules. Here in Canada it is the Liberals and the  quasi Reds that caused all that crap.
I am sorry you had that much grief on the Border. Years ago I had grief from US Immigration when going south for the winter and it did not involve firearms, it can be very frustrating to deal with some of those types.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 08:41:18 AM »
the sad part i have yet to meet a Canadian that is for the gun laws they deal with . that is except the one guy at the border . One year i crossed with 1800 shells , you pay tax on all over 150 , they have always allowed 200 at the counter . they were hevi-shot so i told the truth about cost . The lady behind the counter said that was to high and she paid 4 dollars a box and would figure the tax that way . If they treated their own different it would be different . Fact is they don't , they live with it every day where i hunt . I was told a bullet for a pistol will get you more trouble than drugs .

Offline Questor

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 08:46:58 AM »
BBF:

Sorry, I must be having a bad day, but I have to disagree. I think that once the outfitters start to complain, then the government will ignore them and let them go out of business. That seems to be the way things work.

I remember a huge drag race that brought millions of dollars into Canada. It was cancelled permanently years ago because the province wouldn't make an exception the the auto fuel laws for the race.

I'm not anti-Canadian, I just prefer the better deals that are out there. 
Safety first

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 08:57:23 AM »
Canada and Japan both want to lead the world into gun control . Guess every one wants to be famous for something .

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 07:04:37 AM »
Questor:
We got the same problem with the attitude of rural folks vs city slickers that freak out at the sight of a toy pistol and there aremore city slickers around. :(

Re getting into trouble having pistol ammo: Not so, I have a 44 Rem Mag carbine and never had trouble with the ammo. We do have handgun clubs and ranges here as well, they need to be inspected, authorized etc to allow handguns on their premises, but it isn't a total prohibition. There are worse places in the world when it comes to owning firearms of any type then Canada. If the conservatives ever win the majority in Parliament our restrictions will probably ease some.
Anyway this "confab' has dragged on long enough.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 07:58:29 AM »
I was told an American crossing into Canada with pistol ammo would have the trouble not a person living there .
We were also told ya'll have to keep up with # of rounds you have for a carbine such as yours is that true?
Other than the border i have never had trouble up there Met 2 RCMP both were friendly , one in a dough nut shop . He told me a good place to hunt and one in a store he told me another place to hunt .

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 09:04:20 AM »
Shootall:
There is a provision in our Firearms Act that mentions the amount of ammo a person can keep. The limit is "reasonable" A person shooting skeet or other competition will have no problem justifying a larger amount of ammo kept then someone that does not.  IF and that is a big IF, that person would ever be asked. Stocking up on thousands of 223 would probably not go over well either.

I am not sure if you are aware that ammo, and components IE powder and primers( not brass) require you to have a Firearms License to purchase and posses. If you come to Canada as a visitor to hunt or participate in a competition it would be expected that you have ammo with you.

However just coming here with a handful of 45's rolling around the glove box  would probably not be greeting with pleasure.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:35 AM »
I also have considered a hunting trip to Canada many time but I can never get past their hand gun ban. Thats why I love going to Idaho. All you have to do is bring your hand gun. No permits or anything.

My neighnbor was in BC this past fall on a wilderness moose hunt and while in the back country he was thrown from his horse and completly dislocated his shoulder. A griz ran accross the path in front of the pack string and his horse went nuts and threw him. The crazy part about was he was now unable to ride and had to walk all the way back while everyone else rode. So here is is on the ground and incapable of using his long gun and no hand gun in griz country.

No way no how.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »
cabin:
If my hunting buddies would ever leave me to fend for myself in a similar situation it would be the last time they were my buddies for anything !!
BTW. How did this friend of your hunt without a Guide in B.C. ??

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »
He was on a guided hunt and no one left him behind. He have to walk because he was unable to control a horse with one arm and the movement exacerbated the pain. Nonethe less, my point is your walking and everyone else is on a horse with two good arms that can shoulder a rifle. Your on the ground with a bad arm and no hand gun in Griz country. Bad situation even with the rest of the group along. I want to be able to defend myself and not have to rely on anyone else. A hand gun would give you chance even with only one good arm.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
No way I would ever venture into grizz country w/o a big ass pistol. 

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."