Author Topic: Hi-point firearms??  (Read 12015 times)

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
Re: Hi-point firearms??
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2011, 02:24:55 AM »
When you call customer service to order accessors or something you get someone in ohio that speaks English not someone in India that you can't understand .

When my brother called for extra mags he got a woman 5 streets over from his house! Still had to  have them shipped though.

Was hoping to see him yesterday at the paren't place but his house had some spouting he needed to get fixed.
Giving Thanks To God Both in Plenty and in Want!

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2011, 08:09:55 PM »
i like mine very dependable 9mm 995 and 9mm pistol shot my reloads and every factory loads ive tried there are a lot of firearms that have a lot of plastic parts to keep them light.plus i didn't have to have a break in period no ftf's.alot of problems  are caused by crappy foreign ammo.

Offline Peshtigo71

• bountyhunter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2011, 05:52:31 AM »
I own one of the .40 carbines and I have to agree w/ how accurate these guns are, less than 1.5 inch group w/ mine at 100 yds.  I couldn't believe it but it repeats those groups over and over.  It hasn't had a misfeed or function problem ever w/ anything I've shot through it.  I like it. 
Among all the people were 700 chosen left-handed
men; every one could sling a stone at a hair's breadth and not miss.  Judges 20:16

Offline possume

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »
just clean them every couple rounds they seem to work fine . i owned a 380 traded for a 995 carbine my brother owns a 9 . two freinds own some 40s and three freinds now own 380s . wich one of them was mine and they all work perfect  if kept clean . they look ugly but function fine

Offline JonD.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2011, 01:29:03 PM »
Since I'm the original poster, I wanted to add this in. I now own two Hi-points. Both pistols, one is a 9mm and a .45acp. I bought the 9mm new, the .45 used. The .45 is now new, let me explain and brag on Hi-Points outstanding warranty and customer service. The 9mm functions flawlessly, and is very accurate.
The .45 had some feed issues, it would lock open as if it had fired the last round on occasion when it still had ammo in the clip. You could pull the slide black and it would take back off, but occasionally it would do the same thing again. I sent customer service an e-mail with the intent of having them give me some suggestions of correcting this myself. They asked for the serial number and asked a couple of questions such as ammo being used etc. Turns out that the SN dated the gun at 8 yrs. old, and who knows how many owners it had besides me. They told me to send it in and they would go thru it and replace anything that needed it and return it. I did so, and in about 2 or maybe 3wks, I got it back. I opened the box to find a complete brand spanking new gun with the same serial number, and an extra new clip in a factory new box. Just as the 9, it functions flawlessly and is even more accurate.  You just can't beat that anywhere. Try sending any other gun in and get that kind of service.

If you haven't shot one, try a Hi-Point before you call them junk. You'll be very surprised and glad you did.

Offline valvesinmyhead

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Contributor
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »
Have a 9mm Carbine. Not one problem after 7-800 rounds. Now I would like a carbine in 45acp.

Offline BNY1963

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »
All i can say is my high point 9mm, 380, and 40, Have no problems, and love  to eat up ammo,  Just stay away from WWB and your fine.  I would recommend these pistols to everyone and any one,  The people who bash this brand pistol  (the majority) don't own them.  I'm very very happy with the reliability  os these pistols.   I do carry one as my CCW pistol, I have over 2000 rds thru all of the ones I own that's three pistols and 2000 thru each one over 6000 rounds, They just keep going and going, 

Offline uno676

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »
I have owned three hipoints 9mm carbine, 9pm c9 and 45acp. I have had no problems with any of mine. The c9 has been really fun and accurate. They are ugly and blocky but for plinking and a sidearm for hunting they are great. I have found that mine work great until you use cheap ammo that uses dirty powder but even then it is rare they may jam but even expensive guns will do that. Most of the problems with these guns are in the lips on the clips easily fixed by readjusting them.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline ratdog

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2011, 05:45:55 AM »
ive got two highpoints not a problem with pistol or carbine they mite be cheaper than some others but you don't always get what you pay for look at all that chinese crap people buy with no guarantee and have to find the right ammo that will function proprerly .i don't think a glock is a nice looking gun and same goes for others.most people comment on guns they have never fired just like every else you buy.why are they on this forum?

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Contributor
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
Fin Feather Fur in Ashland, Ohio had the 380 on sale for $119 and the C9 for $139.

Not bad for a plinker!

Offline mspaci

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2011, 05:39:32 AM »
I know 3 people including my dad that have the carbines & thousands of rounds they are fine. Havent seen the pistol but hard to believe they can compete with my Ruger Mark 2.  I like a bulky gun like that, my hands are big & it fits. Whats the price difference. Not enough I think to not get a Ruger. My gun has alot of rounds thru it & it operates liek new , never a hitch.  Would I buy? Carbine for fun yes, pistol for protection never.  Mike

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2011, 12:49:59 PM »
Since I'm the original poster, I wanted to add this in. I now own two Hi-points. Both pistols, one is a 9mm and a .45acp. I bought the 9mm new, the .45 used. The .45 is now new, let me explain and brag on Hi-Points outstanding warranty and customer service. The 9mm functions flawlessly, and is very accurate.
The .45 had some feed issues, it would lock open as if it had fired the last round on occasion when it still had ammo in the clip. You could pull the slide black and it would take back off, but occasionally it would do the same thing again. I sent customer service an e-mail with the intent of having them give me some suggestions of correcting this myself. They asked for the serial number and asked a couple of questions such as ammo being used etc. Turns out that the SN dated the gun at 8 yrs. old, and who knows how many owners it had besides me. They told me to send it in and they would go thru it and replace anything that needed it and return it. I did so, and in about 2 or maybe 3wks, I got it back. I opened the box to find a complete brand spanking new gun with the same serial number, and an extra new clip in a factory new box. Just as the 9, it functions flawlessly and is even more accurate.  You just can't beat that anywhere. Try sending any other gun in and get that kind of service.

If you haven't shot one, try a Hi-Point before you call them junk. You'll be very surprised and glad you did.
  I'd call that pretty darn good customer service!  Fact is, Hi Point Firearms are a quality product at a moderate price. 
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Contributor
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »
Last week at an acution house I looked down while walking across the parking lot and found a HiPoint tool that is included with the guns.

I told my brother and he said to call HP up since the end is bent and they would send me a new one!

Offline bckskin2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
Thinking about a .380 to knock around. I believe they have a lighter spring

Offline ratdog

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
i have had two a 45 pistol and 9mm carbine no problems at all 500 rounds on the carbine not a hickup with out cleaning the pistol i have cleaned it twice. bought a ruger p95 stove pipes right off the bat got a sr9 ruger no problems sold p95. for the money high point is a good deal they are not pretty the carbine is cute you don't always get what you pay for ;D

Offline slayer

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2012, 03:25:37 AM »
Fin Feather Fur in Ashland, Ohio had the 380 on sale for $119 and the C9 for $139.

Not bad for a plinker!

Did you happen to notice what they wanted for the .45 ACP ? Thanks.

Offline JonD.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
Don't know about up there, but I've seen them on sale at a local shop here in the center of KY for $149 plus tax. Regular price is $169.

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
First off I don't own one and I don't want to.  I don't know it they're "Junque" or not but I can't imagine a "high quality" semi for 150 bucks. And please do not tell me they are as good as a Kimber or Springfield that costs over a grand. Ain't believin that...You want to depend on one to protect your life or lives of people you care about, go ahead, I'll pick something that I feel is a better option..as a "throwaway" or a plinker, it's probably o.k.

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Contributor
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2012, 02:04:51 AM »
My friend had one. Was shooting it and moved his truck to the other side of the field, forgetting to move his shooting gear off his tailgate. Everything bounced off and when he turned around he ran over the gun with both right tires. Gun was trashed as it was a hard gravel driveway.
He sent it back to HiPoint and two weeks later got a BRAND NEW pistol! They said it wasn't repairable so they replaced it instead.

Try to do that with any other brand pistols!

I'd like to have a C9 just as a range gun to shoot besides my M&P's, instead of bothering my brother to shoot his.

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
Hi-point firearms??
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2012, 02:24:07 AM »
First off I don't own one and I don't want to.  I don't know it they're "Junque" or not but I can't imagine a "high quality" semi for 150 bucks. And please do not tell me they are as good as a Kimber or Springfield that costs over a grand. Ain't believin that...You want to depend on one to protect your life or lives of people you care about, go ahead, I'll pick something that I feel is a better option..as a "throwaway" or a plinker, it's probably o.k.
Who said there better? I see people saying "good for the money". And my experience with Kimbers has been less than stellar, so if I was looking for one to trust my life on, if my JCP was sitting next to a brand new Kimber, I'd pick up the JCP.
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »
  Never owned one, never shot one, but have sold a bunch of them over the years.  Seems like a lot of you are getting good accuracy out of your Hi-point pistols...not sure how that works?  Never, ever had a single customer come back and tell me how accurate their Hi-point is...  Most of  the customers are buying them as an atv/truck gun that they don't care if they get lost, stolen, or trashed.  The majority of the other customers are youngsters who want something that goes bang.  No idea why people wanting something "cheap" would by one?  If you can't afford much, why wouldn't you buy a .22lr that you could actually afford to shoot?  If you like to shoot a lot, a Hi-point quickly becomes more expensive than a $500 .22lr.
  Customer service is great from the company!  A customer broke a firing pin in his .40 and called the company.  He was excited to tell me that they sent SIX replacement firing pins to him...  I asked if he thought that sending six firing pins might be telling him something about the quality.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Ram72

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 01:54:04 AM »
I have the 40 carbine and 40 and 45 handguns. all my buddys snicker at em, but I haven't had any problems with them. If you bought one or two and think they are junk, there is probably someone here who will take them off youe hands ( ME for one)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 05:06:01 AM »
I am sure that folks like them and think they are great.
Glocks are the same way.
I won't own either one. It is your choice and it is mine.
Mine will bring more money back to the table if I have to sell and when I die mine will be held in higher esteem by my children than either of those will.
I like GOOD, SOLID weapons--not throw downs that can cost you your life. You have the choice of odds, so do I.
700 rounds is nothing---talk to me with 3/5000 rounds downrange.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »
I acquired one of the 9mm carbines several years ago in a trade with some other guns and assumed it was junk. I had never heard of them and it looked really ugly. I took it on a week-end shooting outing with some friends and we had to take turns shooting it because it was so much fun. 9mm ammo was a little cheaper then and we really put the rounds through it. We weren't shooting for groups,  mostly just plinking and having fun. Since then I have had a healthy respect for the carbine and think they might make a better home defense weapon than a handgun for some shooters. I don't know anything about the pistols, but do yourself a favor and give the carbines a try before you form an opinion.

Offline JonD.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 03:22:46 PM »
I am sure that folks like them and think they are great.
Glocks are the same way.
I won't own either one. It is your choice and it is mine.
Mine will bring more money back to the table if I have to sell and when I die mine will be held in higher esteem by my children than either of those will.
I like GOOD, SOLID weapons--not throw downs that can cost you your life. You have the choice of odds, so do I.
700 rounds is nothing---talk to me with 3/5000 rounds downrange.
Blessings

Not trying argue with you Wm, but the way I look at it, I'm never gonna sell it, and when I'm gone, my kids don't care what kind it is, only that it belonged to dad. I have several of my dad's guns that most would consider worthless, but $100,000 wouldn't buy any one of them. Who said the Hi-point wasn't a solid weapon? Do you own one?  ;)

Blessings to you as well.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
Good point JonD.
Same with the Glock.
I hope that is the way your kids react---that is not a guarentee, however--even if it is a Colt first generation.
Alas--
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline rawhidekid

• A Real Regular
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »
When I posted about the Hi-points that flew apart, I don't have to own something to tell of seeing it fly apart .  We had an indoor gun range and store.  Saw people blow up other company guns with reloads and have posted about that too.  Worked with gunsmiths and reported on things found out from working with them.  The question "do you own one?" is hardly relevant. 8)
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman

Offline wileynet

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »
kids bougt me a hi point 45, about 10 yrs ago for fathers day  i can honestly say i have put 5-600 rounds a year thru it with out a hiccup, well take that back i reload and it does not like trunicated cones, mine came with a ghost ring site which i like, this gun lives in the truck, ugly yes, functional yes, both my sons and my daughter have hi point 9mm compacts again vehicle guns, they have never had a problem with them, these are not guns to impress the crowd at the shooting range no bells or whistles but they put the bullets down range, i guess viewing at the other comments i would rather a usa gun maker, owned by a us citizen made a fairly reliable weapon that a working person could own, i own 6 ruger and 2 smiths, my k frame has had to be timed 4 times, ruger only warranties their current production guns and only the original owner, they, hi point warranties there gun period
watch this video
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/AbvvurXmAmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Huntsman 58,NEF 45/70 manlicher stock, H&R 308, 30-06, 12 ga, 20 ga, H&R 223, H&R 204 varmiter,H&R 243, H&R 44mag, SMLE No 1 MKIV,SMLE No4 MK1, Savage 110 7mm, Ruger BH 45LC, Security Six, SR9, S&W 22a, CVA MTN Rifle, Optima

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2012, 04:19:19 AM »
William, you will never convince a HI-Pointaholic, that their guns are not on the same level as Sigs, Beretta's, 1911's, or the other various quality firearms that are available today. IF that's all you can afford, I would certainly rather you be armed with a Hi-Point than nothing. The vast majority of serious pistol people, won't touch them, myself included. YMMV

Offline wileynet

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »
never said my hi point is the same level as a sig,ruger colt etc., what i said is my hi points in my opinion are functional and dependable, but like other guns they have there lemons, all my rifles are H&R, some work really well, you can read the post about some that dont does that mean we condemn the whole lot as junk, Remington just admitted to manufacturing 1000,s of rifles with defective safety,s so using your own argument all Remington must be junk, here is link to all firearm recalls, Remington tops the list followed by S&W, even sigs and rugers, guess what firearms maker has no recalls or safety issues
http://firearmsid.com/Recalls/Firearm%20Recall%20Index.htm
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Huntsman 58,NEF 45/70 manlicher stock, H&R 308, 30-06, 12 ga, 20 ga, H&R 223, H&R 204 varmiter,H&R 243, H&R 44mag, SMLE No 1 MKIV,SMLE No4 MK1, Savage 110 7mm, Ruger BH 45LC, Security Six, SR9, S&W 22a, CVA MTN Rifle, Optima