Author Topic: SOME THOUGHTS ON THE 2ND AMMENDMENT  (Read 385 times)

Offline JonnyC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
SOME THOUGHTS ON THE 2ND AMMENDMENT
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.  (waiting for attack)

The  sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1.  Don't pick a fight with an old man.  If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2.   If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3.   I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4.   When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5.  A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers.  The  reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was  carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.

6.  The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a  lady commented on his wearing his  sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your  pistol. Are you expecting  trouble?' 'No Ma'am.  If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my  shotgun.'

7.   Beware the man who only has one gun.  HE  PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's  more!

I  was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house.  I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!'  To which I said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into  your house?'  My reply was, 'No not at all.  I am not afraid of the house catching fire either,  but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all  loaded too.'  To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank. 

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: SOME THOUGHTS ON THE 2ND AMMENDMENT
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »
I see you got that e-mail too Jonny. Did you pass your's along then?
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:46:09 AM »
All very true... Jolly good show!
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »

SURE DID!!!
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Skunk

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »

SURE DID!!!

You're a good man JonnyC, a good man. ;)
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
TANKS ;)

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
Lots of wisdom in those words
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »
Back in 1982 or 83, I was running a search warrant on a doper's house and a Texas Ranger friend of mine went along for the ride. Back then many of my friends and myself carried 1911s.
After we got the house secured, I and the Ranger were standing in the living room while the deputies working under me were searching the house.
The suspect was cuffed and sitting in a chair when he noticed that the Ranger's 1911 was cocked and locked. The doper said: Excuse me officer, but did you know your pistol was cocked. The Ranger innocently locked down at his holster as if surprised and said: So it is. The Doper responded by saying: That looks dangerous. The Ranger looked him in the eye without any emotion and said: It is. He winked at me, and walked into another room. The Doper looked at me, and looked gut shot. It was very hard to keep a straight face.
The one about the old man is very true, and gets more accurate, with each birthday.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett