Author Topic: Moyers Triggerguard and spacer in Stock. Anyone know if there better than old?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
OK all sets are gone...

Kitchawan Kid
KansasJ
Mitch132
MtBugle

Will post here the day I mail them out.

You are one of the GOOD ONES Grampa Mike!!
 KUDO's to you!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline kitchawan kid

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
I think the Wesson &Harrington long range sight is like an old time sight.If I had younger eye's that's what I would go for.
N.R.A. life member
N.Y.S.R&P
PUTNAM FISH &GAME ASS.
RAMAPOO RIFLE AND REVOLVER

cowboy action,hunting,target-1911's rule

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
I can't imagine anyone buying anything made by Moyer after the way he treated members here... aside from the fact that his product was reportedly shoddy.   :(  I guess he got tired of dealing directly with people who bought or attempted to buy from him and got a middleman to take the heat.  ::)

Have we seen any of his new spacers?  The old ones appeared really bad in the pictures.

Glad you reposted that picture Tim!  It reminded me I've got to stamp my barrel with 45-120!  Hummm, sun's shinin', temperature on the way up to the mid 60's... Think I'll take that bad boy to the range!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline brennemanj83

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Glad you reposted that picture Tim!  It reminded me I've got to stamp my barrel with 45-120!  Hummm, sun's shinin', temperature on the way up to the mid 60's... Think I'll take that bad boy to the range!   ;D

Well what are you waiting for............Get out there shoot that Bad Boy.......I could probally here that thing go off all the way up here in Chickamauga. :o :o :o ...............YUP THAT WAS ATLAW AND HIS 45-120......Hope it didnt hurt him to bad ;D
Banned for less than honest trading practices.

Offline kansasj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Anyone else have problems with Moyers returning calls or mailing items.  I ordered a spacer and just what to know the status and he does not answer e-mails or return phone calls?
Yesterday is history--tomorrow is a mystery--today is a gift!---That is why they call it the present!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Welcome to the wonderful world of Thomas Moyers!! ::)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Buster95

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
I think the Wesson &Harrington long range sight is like an old time sight.If I had younger eye's that's what I would go for.

Younger eye's, I'm 48 so I'm not young and I'm not too old but my near vision begin to decline (and I'm myopic too), so do you have some advices you the 'old' guys?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
I have the Smith Long Range sight, it came with a defective peep slider that had the hole a little closer to the top edge, it wasn't centered, so to my 60yr old eye looked like a notch instead of an aperture. I finally got Smith to send me a peep slider that wasn't defective after several months, but I haven't shot it yet. Bernie (dodd3) has old eyes(over 50 IIRC) and he shoots his real good, seems to me 12-14" groups at 600-800yd. I dunno if I'd buy a the Smith sight now, it's $200, a good vernier sight isn't much more, and some are less than half that or the Marbles tang sight sight which is $120, but I dunno what kind of range can be had with it, I have one for my 38-55 Target, but I only have a 300yd range to shoot at, so I don't need anything for longer stuff.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline GSPKurt

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Florida Guns Forum
I laughed out loud at his spelling errors on the single shot spacer page!
Kurt H.
Guns Don't Kill People, Drivers On Cell Phones Kill People!

http://www.flaguns.com/phpBB3

Offline mtbugle

• Trade Count: (32)
  • Contributor
I recieved a wonderful gift in the mail last night. Grandpamike true to his word delivered a set of the brass spacer and guard. I havn't had time to fit yet but they are beautiful so far. Thanks again grandpamike.

Offline kitchawan kid

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Also recived package from grampamike,thanks again,have them on the wheel now to pretty them up.Need more people like him around.
N.R.A. life member
N.Y.S.R&P
PUTNAM FISH &GAME ASS.
RAMAPOO RIFLE AND REVOLVER

cowboy action,hunting,target-1911's rule

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Thanks guys, we all have to stick together, the only thing we want here is to maybe see photos of the final project.
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.

Offline kansasj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
I have been out of town for a week and came home to a pleasant surprise!!  Thanks Grandpamike for the brass hardware--cannot wait to get on the polishing wheel and install these items--will send a pic when done and you can see how it looks along with my brass butt plate.  Thanks again until you are better paid!
Kansasj
Yesterday is history--tomorrow is a mystery--today is a gift!---That is why they call it the present!

Offline mitch132

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Avid Poster
I too received a pleasant surprise in the mailbox Saturday morning  :D ! GrampaMike, you are a truly generous fellow! These brass pieces, after applying some much needed elbo grease, will go nicely on one of my rifles. Problem is which one to put it on? I had it figured out last week, but I have a Buffalo Classic inbound in the mail right now. I'll wait for it to arrive then make up my mind. Meanwhile, I'll start getting these cleaned up and polished ready to be installed when it gets here. Thank you again for your kindness sir! You are one of what seems to be a dying breed in these modern times! Thanks!

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Thanks for the kind words guys... I have been truly blessed all my life. 
We all help each other when we can.

The second amendment protects all the others...
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.