Author Topic: Not a handgun, but concealable  (Read 1614 times)

Offline IOWA DON

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Not a handgun, but concealable
« on: February 21, 2009, 06:10:00 AM »
I got my Inner City Defense Pencils. They are really slick! Just push the top button and the spring steel blade pops out. I used to use a similar drafting pencil at work, but only with lead.

Offline slim rem 7

Re: Not a handgun, but concealable
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »
 looks like something to use rapid fire as many licks as you can get in..
 fella probably die.. it stops a lot of the bad guys..you in trouble with the ones you don t get stopped quick with it tho.. no offence but its my opinion that some bad guys are gonna be so infuriated they gonna really be rough on you.. you die a painful death..
  of course if you are able bodied yourself it ll weaken your opponent to submission like a single lung shot on a deer if allowed enough time to work..on that note ,,i wouldn t mind handleing one to get a better evaluation..good luck slim

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
I hope those things are a bit less robust on opening than
some of the originals. Carrying something like that in a pocket
and it opening accidently can have catastrophic results. I stuck
something similar into the bone of my left ring finger once.
A gold brick was almost produced in my underwear on that one! :'(
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline IOWA DON

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 02:27:43 AM »
It takes a good press on the button to get the blade to spring out. Don't think it would ever come out accidentally for me. It's so cool I have to play with it several times per day.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 02:39:07 AM »
 Get two and use them for knitting.

A 2" folding knife would be far better for self-defense use...
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Savage

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 03:02:39 AM »
Get two and use them for knitting.  ::) ;D

A 2" folding knife would be far better for self-defense use...

Best post on this thread yet!!!!!!!! LMAO!

Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:07:20 AM »
i carry a CRKT m16 knife. I had a big Nile monitor bite onto my foot when i was fishing.  i first landed a shoot at it with my venting tool but it still kept fight, and then i pull my foot up and got my knife out and cut it neck open with it killing it. knifes are for killing and needles are for venting groupers. also something like is probably not legal to carry and i am no old timer but i seen those needle knifes before and there were used in WW2 for kill people from behind with a neck shot. it a assassination weapon like a ice pick. if you want something non-weapon like in the way it looks get the cold steel pocket shark pen or the benchmade Model 1100 pen.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:14 AM »
best check your state laws on this one.   in florida these spring loaded ice picks fall into the same category as switchblades and cannot be carried unles you have a CCW permit
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline IOWA DON

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »
I don't intend to carry it as I bought it as a collector piece. In Iowa switchblades are legal to collect, but illegal to carry, even if one has a permit to carry a concealed weapon as I do. I am sure a big Bowie would be a much better fighting weapon, but I still think the defense pen is COOL!!!

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 05:47:25 AM »
best check your state laws on this one.   in florida these spring loaded ice picks fall into the same category as switchblades and cannot be carried unles you have a CCW permit

i have a venting tool that you have to have for reef fishing, it fed law on the venting tool. I don't like switchblades i have a few(for collector pieces) but i carry a crkt m16 folder or my old door life  3'' knife both i am sure fall under a common pocket knife.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends