Author Topic: 11-Year-Old Boy Charged In Murder Of Pregnant Woman. UPDATED  (Read 1556 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Charged In Murder Of Pregnant Woman. UPDATED
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 02:28:42 AM »
Here in lies the problem!!
"Houk's family and friends, who gathered at her parents' house Saturday night, told The Associated Press that there had been past problems with the boy.
"He actually told my son that he wanted to do that to her," said Houk's brother-in-law, Jason Kraner. "There was an issue with jealousy."
  When these people new this Kid had problems, what did they do????
I happen to agree with you there. The kid sounds like he had some problems. Dale

Sounds like this kid needed a foot in the ass long before this happened.
If I would have talked like that when I was a kid... I'd still be pullin' my dad's boot out ;)

Spanky
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline kitchawan kid

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 02:55:07 AM »
Would't be refreshing to one time see in the main stream media when a teenager used a firearm to save there life or the life of another?
N.R.A. life member
N.Y.S.R&P
PUTNAM FISH &GAME ASS.
RAMAPOO RIFLE AND REVOLVER

cowboy action,hunting,target-1911's rule

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 03:14:21 AM »
I dunno. That kid sounds like he needed a good 'ol ass whippin to me. And not now....long ago.

I grew up in a house where I knew the guns 'n ammo were. Boy, if I ever touched 'em without asking first....I couldn't imagine. My kids all knew where the guns in my house were. I don't think they ever had a second thought of pulling 'em out unless we were going hunting.

This kid will in all probability see juvenile lock up until he is 18. Then he will be out for the rest of his life.....or unless he does something incredibility stupid as an adult.

I could be wrong on this. They could prosecute him as an adult I suppose. But I doubt that will happen.

The whole thing is sad and tragic.

Dave

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 03:45:20 AM »
I dunno. That kid sounds like he needed a good 'ol ass whippin to me. And not now....long ago.

I grew up in a house where I knew the guns 'n ammo were. Boy, if I ever touched 'em without asking first....I couldn't imagine. My kids all knew where the guns in my house were. I don't think they ever had a second thought of pulling 'em out unless we were going hunting.

This kid will in all probability see juvenile lock up until he is 18. Then he will be out for the rest of his life.....or unless he does something incredibility stupid as an adult.

I could be wrong on this. They could prosecute him as an adult I suppose. But I doubt that will happen.

The whole thing is sad and tragic.

Dave
I heard on the local news they are going to prosecute him as an adult. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Charged In Murder Of Pregnant Woman.
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 06:47:27 AM »
I am pro gun for sure but you really think the owner of that gun has no responsibilty at all that a kid got his gun and killed a woman and child. Give me a break. Do you keep your guns out of reach from your children? If not you are not a responsible person then are you now. Dale
This one doesn't have a damned thing to do with access to guns. Are you going to hide the paring knives so he doesn't cut her throat? Hide the gas can and the matches? As mentioned before, this little fart needed some seat-of-the-pants discipline long ago. I'm sure all of this will be laid out in the trial.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 07:05:41 AM »
SOME  BLAME  WHO EVER LET HIM HAVE THE SHOT GUN

this  is stupid
what  if he stabbed her asleep with  a steak knife
you going to arrest who ever is incharge of the kitchen
what about a baseball batt......arrest the coach

no he used a GUN
perfect example  of why they should be removed from society

had  he used a steak knife or bat  or poison
we never would have heard about it
but  it serves to promote an agenda
dale  would  you expact to be arrested with you daughter should she have axccess to the steak knives
and do something wrong with  one??
no  you wouldn't  but you fell  into the trap of blaming the GUN OWNER
blame the gun owner  then more people  will  be AFRAID  to own a gun
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline WylieKy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 08:12:17 AM »
I turned 31 today.  I had a pellet gun with supervision from 5-7 unsupervised from 7-10 and a .22 from 10-13 then full access to anything in the house at 13+.  I spent my entire summers pretty much alone in the hills abound  and in Lake Cumberland, Ky. Never shot anyone. Never pointed a gun at anyone. Never even pointed it at anything I didn't want to kill.  Every house I have ever lived in has had loaded weapons laying around.  I never played with them.  You don't get knives out of the block and run around with them do you???

My daughter is 5. She will be 6 next month.  I have loaded guns in the house.  I have shown her where they are, and I have explained that they are not toys and that they can hurt or kill someone.  She is not afraid of them, but she knows to not play with them, the same as you don't play with a stove, knives, band saw, gasoline, etc....  I will be purchasing trigger locks, but not because of her, but because she has asked to have some friends over and I don't trust OTHER peoples kids.  My daughter has a pellet gun and it is a favorite warm weather passtime for us to go slaughter some Coke and Pepsi cans. It is kept in her room along with the pellets.  My daughter has gone hunting with me, she often hold's a deer's legs while I gut it, and does not complain at all, or think it is gross or mean.  It is all in how you raise your children.  If they are raised by the TV or video games where guns are glorified and killing has no consequences, then you should lock up your guns.   If you raise you child with the understanding that guns are tools and to have a healthy respect for them you are good to go, unless your child is evil (they are out there) and in that case they will achieve their objectives despite your greatest efforts...
This that I do, I do by my own free will.