Author Topic: new predetor ar comming together  (Read 460 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
new predetor ar comming together
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:12:10 AM »
Putting together a gun from some parts i have. Looking to make a good coytee gun. Ive got a colt hbar match lower with a bush 6 pos stock and a parts group massaged by bill springfield. the upper is a new cmt flat top. Colt bolt and carrier. barrel is a m1s stainless 16 inch heavy countour 1 in 7 twist barrel with a muzzle break. I just ordered a samson mid lenght free floated rail forearm and fooled around yesterday and cut down a a2 front sight to make a low pro gas block that will fit under the rail. Just need the forearm to finish and then im ordering a 4x acog to go on top. Should make a sweat shooting little gun. I had the barrel on another ar for a while and it was shooting 1/2 groups with 60 grain vmaxs. Ive got two more lowers hear and plan on a 20 inch varmit gun and a ar pistol and then with what i allready have my ar collection should be about all set. My dealer buddy just got another stag in yesterday and thankfully my buddy wants it as this place has become a home for wayward ars of late.
blue lives matter

Offline Chris Potts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: new predetor ar comming together
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »
You may need to amend the text at the bottom of your post.  It looks like your more than just a sixgun addict.  I have a couple of lowers coming so I guess that I really can't talk.

Offline gun junky

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »
Lloyd, sounds like a nice project. What kind of price are the Stag lowers going for if I might ask. Thanks

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:07:19 AM »
dont know what stag lowers are going for but i would imagine there close to 200 bucks. I have two superior arms lowers comming and allready have one on my 50 beowulf and there great lowers. i payed 110 bucks a piece for them but that was in a group buy. the stag i was refering to was a complete a3 and he wanted 800 bucks for it. I probably should have snatched it up when he first called but ive got a dmps ar10 comming right now and a colt a4 ordered that i dont know when will show up and these other two to build so i didnt want to spend any more money right now. A smart man would have bought it and just stuck it away.
blue lives matter