Author Topic: Requesting technical information on .357/44 Bain & Davis.  (Read 668 times)

Offline Wiking

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Requesting technical information on .357/44 Bain & Davis.
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:57:33 AM »
Me and a friend of mine just acquired a Ruger Black Hawk in .357 with an additional 9mm cylinder. We want to have the 9mm cylinder converted into a Bain & Davis. I however have a few concerns. And haven't been able to find anything on the internet.

1. I know there are different versions of the B&D and that the 1st generation had a sharper shoulder angle than the current one. How can I be certain that the dies I get, corresponds to the dimensions of my reamed chambers? Or do all available dies have the same specifications?

2. What is the shoulder angle on the current (best) B&D? I've heard 10 degrees, but I am not sure.

3. Where do I get the chamber reamer I need?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Reed1911

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (18)
    • www.reedsammo.com
Re: Requesting technical information on .357/44 Bain & Davis.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:46:43 AM »
Well,

You can rent the reamer from 4D. I'd opt to measure whatever your chamber gets cut to and then get dies to match. You can also use the reamer to cut your own dies (or have your smith do it). As far as shoulder angle goes, man whatever you want it to be. As long as you keep your loads sensible you will not have any problems.

Ron Reed
Reed's Ammunition & Research
info@reedsammo.com
www.reedsammo.com