Author Topic: Question about internet speeds?  (Read 4085 times)

Offline JerryKo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (64)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Question about internet speeds?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 09:15:14 AM »
sheesh I stand correected. 5 years out of the business and everything changes. You guys are making me feel old already. i ddnt retire, i went out for knee operations and while I was gone they were nice enough to elininate my job. Working for jerks never changes

No worries, most of the changes have been in the last 4-5 years, and in leaps and bounds.  Sorry to hear about the knees and job.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Jerry
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."- Vince Lombardi

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »
Well guys. I just downloaded the new Verison high speed internet. I am running it now. I have not tried to view any videos or anything else as of yet seeing as GBO was the first place I come to since installing it. I will report back in a couple days after I give it the go around. Do any of you know of the best speed sight? This way I can check how fast my downloads will be. I download many movies so this is important. Thanks Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 01:43:45 PM »
Here's a resource for comparing your service to other high speed services, in Tools you'll find speed test sites to make the actual comparisons to others using the same service.

Tim

http://www.dslreports.com/
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 02:10:14 PM »
Thanks Tim. I forgot you posted that before. I just played a couple videos with out any problem. I have been on dial up the last couple days and boy I remember why I went to high speed. Dial sucks big time. :o Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »
Dale,

What videos were you watching?

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »
Dale,

What videos were you watching?

Cheese
Utube mostly. There are a couple there that are my favorites but not fit to post here. I have to say they are the funniest videos I have ever saw though. If you would like to see them then PM me. Dale

Offline JerryKo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (64)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »
 :)  Glad everything is working!

Jerry
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."- Vince Lombardi

Offline jandbn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »
Dale, seeing as how you like YouTube videos and if interested large bore rifles, you may want to test your connection speed some more. Try this link if you have not seen it yet:

.577 T-Rex go BOOM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVqT3XEzss

Sorry if the URL link is not hyper-linked properly or not at all. I am new to GBO and have yet to figure out all the bells and whistles. I am a computer tech by trade, but I have to admit that I don't know how everything "computer" works yet; I am forced to learn something new every day!

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »
Dale, seeing as how you like YouTube videos and if interested large bore rifles, you may want to test your connection speed some more. Try this link if you have not seen it yet:

.577 T-Rex go BOOM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVqT3XEzss

Sorry if the URL link is not hyper-linked properly or not at all. I am new to GBO and have yet to figure out all the bells and whistles. I am a computer tech by trade, but I have to admit that I don't know how everything "computer" works yet; I am forced to learn something new every day!
Yea that video has made it's rounds around here on GBO for some time. It is just a shame a rifle like that gets dropped so much. >:( Dale

Offline oneshot244rem

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
For you broadband users that would like to test your internet speed against what you are paying for, try this simple test....there is also a new beta form ping test there on the same page. http://speedtest.net/
NAHC Trophy Life Member
USAR 82-88 SPC 4th class 4 deuce mortor gunner
State certified lethal Weapons Agent
Thank a VET every time you see one