Author Topic: Outdoor Show Actors  (Read 621 times)

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
Outdoor Show Actors
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »
Anyone ever notice that on the outdoor hunting shows they seldom jack a new round into the gun right away? Are they too busy acting? Maybe I'm just a damn poor shot, but I want a fresh one in there in case the critter doesn't flop over every time. On some of them I'm sure they can just chase them into the high fence so maybe it's not an issue...

And it also seems every bow shot is a killing shot even though they show it hitting too far back "He's going down..."
It's almost comical.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Outdoor Show Actors
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:23:15 PM »
I think some of the bolt movements are left on the cutting room floor.  Most of the shows I see they are unloading the rifle when they get to the critter.  Most also approach the animal from the head.  Not something you want to do incase it gets up and runs.  Or the camera crew is in front of the critter.
I think they shoot,  reload and some of the talking parts are spliced in after tha deer/ bear/ boar/ what have you is down and they are filming it to give you a better story.  I sometimes think they shoot the animal on the day of the hunt and shoot the hunter after the hunt shooting.  If they only have to shoot for the camera they may not have loaded more than one round into the rifle.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 04:46:35 PM »
Watched and elk hunt today.  There was a hunter, a guide, a caller, and two camera men.  I'll be darn if an elk didn't buggle back at them for 30 minuted then walk right out in front of them and stand for a shot.   Just never seems to happen that way for me.

The only man wearing blase orange was the shooter.  He was the only man with a rifle.  Sort of seems backward to me.  Man with rifle is not likely to mistake himself for an elk, but the man doing the calling and bush rattling is a sitting duck for another hunter.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 01:59:24 AM »
It's all Hollywood. All kinds of things you can do with a camera. I've never been interested in killing flicks, or fishing either, come to think of it I don't watch any sports at all, don't know or care who played in the superbowl. I'm a sports doer not a watcher.

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 08:47:13 AM »
Have to agree on doing vs. watching. DirectTv just added a couple outdoor channels and I watched just enough to remember why I wanted to go coyote hunting yesterday instead of sitting around and watching that crap. Editing or not, they are acting, not hunting or fishing.

Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »
its still better than biggest looser , or the sitcoms with the token gay , etc.
Think i will go roll some 308's nothing worth watching anyway .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 09:25:58 AM »
Hey Roll me some too please.
165 grain, or round nose 180's please.