Author Topic: I'm back home and doing great...  (Read 765 times)

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
I'm back home and doing great...
« on: September 01, 2003, 04:29:23 AM »
Hi everyone... It's been way too long since I dropped in for a "Howdy doo" and "how are ya"... I had my neck surgery and am getting the use of my legs back. My hands and arms are almost back to normal too, and according to my doc, I should be able to go back to work in about a week and a half... They repaired the damage to C 3,4, and 5 and fused them together and used steel straps and screws... There is hardly any pain, and I am walking longer and longer distances each day... (Well, between the rain anyway) There is no question that I will be ready to take on deer season, but I am going to forgo the treestand and just use my pop-up ground blind... You may have noticed that I asked GB to remove me as moderator... it just got to be too much for me to handle, and my feeling was that rather than do a p!$$ poor job, I would just revert back to being a member... My own website and just trying to recover is taking up all of my time... Hope everyone is gearing up for a great hunting season and I sure hope to hear back from some of my old buds on here... Dave
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 06:20:10 AM »
Great Dave. Glad to hear you are back home and on the road to recovery. Hunting on the ground is not sure a terrible disadvantage. I'd personally hate to be limited to only that but fully expect the time may come when I am. I hunted there a lot of years before going up into the trees and am sure can do it again if need be.

Keep us posted on your recovery.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 07:28:18 AM »
Welcome back Dave.  Glad to hear that all has gone well , and is going well, with the surgery.  I was starting to wonder where you were these days.  You may have to change your handle from IronKnees to IronMan!  Maybe your wife can sew you up an outfit like the comic book charactor.:lol:

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Kragman71

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 02:57:41 PM »
Welcome back,Dave.
I'm glad that you are back,and doing well.
Besides that,we need People like You,here.
Frank
Frank

Offline willis5

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 04:11:47 PM »
Way to be Dave!
Keep those spirits up, and keep playing around here. Great to hear from ya, and even better to hear that you are recovering with a great mindset. take care!
Cheers,
Willis5

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Way to go
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 04:45:10 AM »
Good for you Dave.  Stay well and shoot straight, and more often.  Glad to hear you are getting better.  Mikey.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 04:11:41 PM »
glad to have you back!   good to hear that things went well.

Offline teeball

Welcome back
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 06:25:56 PM »
Welcome back Dave, from a fellow Hoosier. Ya know, when I lived in Michigan, we had to hunt from the ground,and I found that if you dig a hole about 3 feet by 3 feet by about two fet deep, you can put a bucket with a swivel seat and cover yourself with a camo tarp. The tarp will help hold in body heat, and you will just look like tree stump or a pile of brush. It sounds a little hokey, but it works great if treestands are out of the question.

Good luck,

teeball

Offline onesonek

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2004, 01:04:11 AM »
:D Glad to see you Back :D