Author Topic: Large rifle primers  (Read 441 times)

Offline doeroller

• Trade Count: (0)
Large rifle primers
« on: March 04, 2009, 03:53:26 AM »
   Primers are getting hard to find here in MS. Anyone have any thoughts to what is going on and when availability will get back close to normal?

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Large rifle primers
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »
I like Wolf primers, surprise surprise!!!

Pretty good stuff.  I'd say that the supply problems will get better when we conservatives get off of our butts, get passionate, and start educating ourselves about the folly of communism.  Try this: www.heritage.org

Canvas your neighborhoods, the grocery store, the school board, and any other place you can think of.  If you and I want it better, then we'd better act like we want it better.  See my quote that follows all of my posts.

Lets leave the State of the Union stuff for the Potbelly Stove Forum !

stimpy

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
Here in MA everything is hard to find, primers, powder, brass......I went to Midsouth's sight, they were out of just about everything.
Tony212

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
Thanks Stimpy, will do, sorry to mix politics and primers.  Is that kind of like gunpowder and alcohol? ;D
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline roper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 08:19:25 PM »
In the latter part of 2006 I was on the Br site and those guys were just starting to have problems finding  Fed 205m primers.  I remember the last time so I started beginning of 2007 stock some primers and I was telling guys that I knew.  I'm not sure if it's the war or cost of money now that has effected supply.

Our local Sportmans Warehouse get some primer just have to be there at the right time and we have some local gunstores that take care of their steady customers and their not charging more because of the shortage.

Sure there was some panic buying after the election that just took out what was left and we cann't get back to the level we had in 2006 that there was more supply than demand.  I think the price of copper and demand played a big part in the bullet supply what was it last year or back in 2006 was talk the government need 1/2 billion rounds each year just to keep up.  Look back when Rem raised the price on bulk bullets and I'm not so sure that maybe some wanted to bring the cost of reloading more in line with the cost of factory ammo.

Tough time if your just starting to reloading.