Author Topic: Fullfield II or Elite 3200  (Read 989 times)

Offline phmezz

• Trade Count: (0)
Fullfield II or Elite 3200
« on: September 02, 2003, 03:39:17 PM »
Well I've been reviewing this discussion board for the last two days and have narrowed my search.  I really had decided on the Elite 3200, however, it sure would be nice to have the spotting scope that comes free with the Burris scope.  So, what do you all think?  Is the Bushnell far superior to the Burris?  In your opinion would a free spotting scope make up for any lacking in quality?  I'll be putting this scope on a sporterized 7.7 jap.  Considering the 3-9x40.  Will use mainly for deer hunting and possibly pronghorn.  I don't want to put a lot of $$ into a scope for this particular rifle.  Years ago my father hand carved a walnut stock from a block of walnut and assembled this rifle for me.  for this reason i will always keep it.  Thanks or any opinions.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 05:37:26 PM »
Ask yourself this question:

What kinda quality can I possibily get in the Burris scopes if they are selling one as cheap as they are and giving me a free spotting scope as incentive?

My answer is not much quality.

In my opinion a poor quality spotting scope is less than useless. If you can't afford a good one just use the scope on your rifle or a pair of binoculars. Both usually work better than cheap spotting scopes.

Oh in case you are wondering my answer is buy the Bushnell.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline SHW

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 01:38:50 PM »
If that is the case don't buy the Bushnell Elite either.  Walmart has marked them down to $150.00. (Elite 3200 3X9X40) So I guess they don't sell at the regular price, maybe they should throw in a spotter as well or how about a rain coat.  Just my opinion.
I would buy the Burris-- oops I already have. :grin:
Either will probably give you good service.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 04:53:59 PM »
I own several Elite 4200s and one Elite 3200.  Although I own two Burris Black Diamonds, I have never owned a Burris Fulfield II.  However, I have used the Fulfield II and thus can give a fairly objective opinion.

Truthfully, I was kinda impressed with the Fulfield II.  But then again, I wasn't hoping for too much.

I know that Scott likes his Fulfield II, but, in my opinion, the Bushnell 3200 is a better quality scope.  I have used a 3200 1.5x-4.5x-32mm Firefly on my .375H&H and it has performed PERFECTLY.  My gosh, would you believe that I got consistent HALF-INCH GROUPS with that gun AND SCOPE?!?!?!?!?  

Elite 3200 Baby. :grin:

Zachary

Offline Bubba Jack

• http://www.bubbajackstackle.com
Burris FFII
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 01:11:42 PM »
I think you will be pleasently supprised in low light looking through Burris FFII. I have 2 FFII's- 3x9x40 and a 6.5x20.50AO. Both are brighter than my VXIII 4.5x14.50 AO that I have when set on the same power. Not as clear but brighter. When I am in the deep woods the FFII will give you a much longer shooting window, in fact maybe toooooo! long.

I can also say the eye relief is much better on the burris scopes, or not as critical.

For the money, the fullfield is a good buy with a great warranty.

Offline Robert

SHW, Walmart marked down because of deal with Leopould
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 05:20:18 PM »
These are really excellent scopes..if anyone wasn't fortuneate to get one when Wall-mart closed them out...oh well. Everybody was talking about it on here, ya musta missed it.  My only regret..I couldn't get two...in fact I got the display , the last one they had local.  I just love it.  It has really taken a beating in the horizontal rain we have had lately, it is everything I hoped it would be.  I just wish I had a rifle that was as resilient to weather.
....make it count