Author Topic: SWAT Entry Weapon  (Read 1000 times)

Offline kjeff50cal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
SWAT Entry Weapon
« on: September 02, 2003, 04:47:14 PM »
I attended a charity event for the Houston Police SWAT Team. There was the obigatory police displayes including their weapons. Among the familar Remington 700s, 870s, and AR-15s there was an interesting weapon. It looks a ringer to the weapons carried by the Stargate SG1 crew!!! It had a magazine that loaded on top ala the Calico(sic) .22cal rifle but loaded a cartrage that looked similar to the .22 Hornet. It was a bullpup configuration and the Officer in charge said it was one of their entry/ house clearing weapons (besides the MP-5). Any Info would be appreciated!!!

kjee50cal  :-)
Ignorance leads us into the darkness, Knowlege leads us out.

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
SWAT Entry Weapon
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 02:56:20 PM »
that weapon is made by fn i belive it is a 5.7x something cant rememeber it! right now it was used for ep work and drivers for security personal

Offline redial

• Contributor
SWAT Entry Weapon
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 04:17:48 PM »
Sounds like an FN P-90, I think they're called. Shoots a tiny little .22 round with about half as much ass behind it as a .223.

They're quite popular abroad, I understand but exactly what it's for is beyond me. There are so many better rigs available domestically for nearly every application, IMO. Not that my opinion carries any weight! :)

Redial

Offline kjeff50cal

• Contributor
SWAT Entry Weapon
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 07:28:58 PM »
Thank you all for your replies. I was really interested in the round it shot...
maybe in the near future it can be chambered in something civilian friendly. Possibally a semi-auto camp carbine (listening Marlin/ Ruger) or a Single Shot- perfect for four legged garden robbers. I do not  think the weapon will made civilian friendly and marketed. The close proximity of the hands holding on to it to the muzzle not to mention the muzzle blast (full auto???) so near the shooter's face would be a problem  :eek: not to mention it looks like to the uninformed like a deathray. But our lawmakers in their infinite wisdom  :twisted:  deem it a banned or at best restricted weapon (except to LEOs and Central Casting). Rant over  : :)  

kjeff50cal
Ignorance leads us into the darkness, Knowlege leads us out.