Author Topic: Lubing/sizing small bullets  (Read 488 times)

Offline Tn Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Lubing/sizing small bullets
« on: March 10, 2009, 01:12:03 AM »
Ok guys, I may need alot of advice. First off, I am ordering a RCBS Lubrisizer today. I'm tired of tumble and pan lubing. I think I can figure out how to lube my 44 and 45 rounds by reading the instructions and alot of trial and error. My question is about 9mm bullets. They are for my wife and I got a Lee 102 grain RN die for it. The reason for the light bullet is she is very recoil sensitive and she develops a bad flinch if it recoils much. Am I going to have to do anything special to the sizer to lube and size these short bullets?
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline WayneS

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
Re: Lubing/sizing small bullets
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:38:12 AM »
There shouldn't be any difference in lub/sizing .45, .44.or 9 MM, just get the lub/sizing die in the size you want. ie; .452 for the 45's , .430 for the .44's and not sure about 9's but would say .356, I think Lyman lub/sizer dies will fit and work in the RCBS just in case you can't find any RCBS or the $$$ is a factor.
NOW you will need "top punch's for each bullet, RN or SWC,, again, I think Lyman top punch's will work in the RCBS, as to the Lee 102 RN, just look at RCBS & Lyman bullet designs and get the top punch that is the most like your lee

Offline Tn Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:31:56 AM »
Well, I ordered all my lubing/sizing stuff. Of course, the main part is out of stock and on back order. ::) I guess I'll get started eventually. I'll get started at this one way or another.
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 05:23:50 AM »
Nice long bullets are definitely easier to handle, but your lubrisizer will have the adjustment latitude to handle your 9mm bullet.